Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

still taking ages for game to start with full lobby for me.

Quick question , anyone notice there's no way to till who's in you're party on the mini-map ? or have I gone colour blind ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Finally got on this tonight. It’s frustrating . Lag server disconnects etc. Going to stay away until it’s sorted. Waste of time otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭EIREAROEIRE

had a few games tonight have to say i think they got it right this time its a fair bit different to figure out but could be another good hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I don't know if they need to fix the hit detection or I just need to 'git gud' but I'm finding it really hard to win 1-on-1 gun fights. I can literally count 3/4/5 hitmarker sounds and the killcam will usually have just 1 or (more often) none from me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

x43r0 wrote: »
    I don't know if they need to fix the hit detection or I just need to 'git gud' but I'm finding it really hard to win 1-on-1 gun fights. I can literally count 3/4/5 hitmarker sounds and the killcam will usually have just 1 or (more often) none from me

Yep. Its especially infuriating in hardcore with lads running around taking hits like they are in core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Does the armour class take more hits to kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ain't just you. Couldn't win 1 gun fight the other night and when I looked in players kill cams they were jumping across the screen and my shots didn't even go off in it. Hopefully the patch sorts it out because it's unplayable like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yep. Its especially infuriating in hardcore with lads running around taking hits like they are in core.

Speaking of hardcore I’m not a fan of teamkilling making a comeback. IW got it right with hardcore ricochet you shoot a teammate you die not your teammate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I remember now why i moved to battlefield after having a few online games this morning.

I'm sh1te! :) and hate being shown how sh1te i am with my KD. :o

Any tips on being less sh1te? I like playing mostly free for all but really struggle to put decent streaks together so rarely get the rewards.

Really enjoying the SP a mix of Saving private Ryan and band of brothers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

weiland79 wrote: »
    I remember now why i moved to battlefield after having a few online games this morning.

Any tips on being less sh1te? I like playing mostly free for all but really struggle to put decent streaks together so rarely get the rewards.

Play team death match until you get better at it, hard to go straight into free for all when there is players all around you

no1 tip from me is to play LOADS, you will just get better

I like to control a section of the map, so I might push out from spawn just a bit and try to hold that area.

Find what weapon attachments work for you, i started with faster bullets(cant remember its name), extended mag and grip.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    no1 tip from me is to play LOADS, you will just get better

I don't know about that. I'm a 42 year old man that's been playing video games pretty much everyday for the best part of 20 years.

I play Destiny, Battlefield, Ghost recon....... the list goes on.

The point is I'm Sh1te and i don't think that's going to change. :pac: No matter how much I play.

I average id say between 15 and 20 kills a game but rarely do i get a streak of more than 3 or 4. The last COD i played was Blops which i thoroughly enjoyed. I seem to remember there being a perk that dropped the kill requirement by 1 to get a reward. Is this available?

I like the sound of controlling a part of the map, I might try that tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I don't know about that. I'm a 42 year old man that's been playing video games pretty much everyday for the best part of 20 years.

The point is I'm Sh1te and i don't think that's going to change. :pac: No matter how much I play.

I average id say between 15 and 20 kills a game but rarely do i get a streak of more than 3 or 4. The last COD i played was Blops which i thoroughly enjoyed. I seem to remember there being a perk that dropped the kill requirement by 1 to get a reward. Is this available?

Think it’s Ordanance basic training skills that brings the score-streak down one.. dunno if it’s the same one but there is one that allows you to keep the streak going when killed but can only use the reward once a game

Sooner I unlock the basic training for quieter footsteps the better. Driving me crazy at the moment.

I don't remember footsteps being this loud in previous games. Feel like I have schizophrenia!!

Yes you can have it so that your killstreak doesnt go when you die but that you only get to use each killstreak once. When you're settiung up your character its the bottom flag thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

loving playing war, such a strugle to get a streak going when playing other modes.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    loving playing war, such a strugle to get a streak going when playing other modes.

Sounds like it might be for me so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Is there any machine gun, scope attachment that give a bit of magnification??

Like the ACOG scope in previous COD games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sounds like it might be for me so!

Doesn't affect your K/D ratio either - idea is to throw bodies at the enemy.
    Great fun too.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Sooner I unlock the basic training for quieter footsteps the better. Driving me crazy at the moment.

I don't remember footsteps being this loud in previous games. Feel like I have schizophrenia!!

That’s why I am levelling up mountain division. Level 4 is silent footsteps

heroics wrote: »
    That’s why I am levelling up mountain division. Level 4 is silent footsteps

There's also the 'Inconspicuous' basic training perk which is quieter footsteps. Might be more useful since you could run it on the airborne division and get the silencer too

It's is driving me crazy that it takes for ever to get a game.

Seriously there are 12 people in the lobby start the bloody game .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,994 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

40 mins waiting on a game now...

Hmmm not getting any problems myself on xbox. Not since the first night

Here is a list of known issues they are working on

https://twitter.com/atviassist/status/927632135778795520

It's taking me 20mins on average to get a game. So I'm out. Going back to battlefield for a bit until they sort it out . When I get a game it great but I don't have a major amount of gaming time and don't want to waste it waiting 20mins per game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

CptMackey wrote: »
    It's taking me 20mins on average to get a game. So I'm out. Going back to battlefield for a bit until they sort it out . When I get a game it great but I don't have a major amount of gaming time and don't want to waste it waiting 20mins per game

Same for me. When I get in it’s only for an hour or so when the young lads asleep and lucky to get 1 maybe 2 5 minute games in an hour is painful

• Advertisement

What game modes are ye trying to play? I can't get into a tdm match but free for all works fine.

Advertisement