Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

weiland79 wrote: »
    What game modes are ye trying to play? I can't get into a tdm match but free for all works fine.

I'm trying to get games of dom and war. Not a major fan of free for all tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

CptMackey wrote: »
    I'm trying to get games of dom and war. Not a major fan of free for all tbh

PS4, Xbox One or PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

weiland79 wrote: »
    What game modes are ye trying to play? I can't get into a tdm match but free for all works fine.

Same as above not really into ffa hard enough to get streaks. Tried tdm/Dom/war and KC this afternoon and eventually got a game of war. Kept getting into lobbies that just hang. No timer to next match but 11 or 12 waiting.

PS4 for me

PS4, Xbox One or PC?

Ps4 . I'll give it a few days

Ps4 . I'll give it a few days

That’s strange I’m on PS4 and while it was crap at the weekend it’s been a lot better on PS4 today I wait two or 3 minutes max.

• Advertisement

That’s strange I’m on PS4 and while it was crap at the weekend it’s been a lot better on PS4 today I wait two or 3 minutes max.

I tried battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 to check if it's my internet but got games no hassle in them . No idea really

I tried battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 to check if it's my internet but got games no hassle in them . No idea really

If you go into settings from option button and select console info is your NAT type open or moderate?

If you go into settings from option button and select console info is your NAT type open or moderate?

Mine is open and console is wired. Ran BLOPS3 no problem today. Speedof.me from console gives >50mb down and 16up with ping to UK of ~40ms

Speedtest gives same speeds but ping of <10.

It’s weird. I’ll let servers settle Down and try again at the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Was in HQ yesterday afternoon and there were a few people around.
    One lad had an "IRA" clan tag, there was an american and an English lad slagging him.

"You're not real IRA, you picked the English soldier",

"shut up or I'll cut off your mickey",

"go ahead then"

"there, I did it"

Was all banter, no cussing or anything.

Myself and OH were having a giggle listening to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

x43r0 wrote: »
    Sooner I unlock the basic training for quieter footsteps the better. Driving me crazy at the moment.

I don't remember footsteps being this loud in previous games. Feel like I have schizophrenia!!

In previous cods i would be all over sound whoring and listening for footsteps nearby,now it sounds like every map is being fought on a wooden floor....cant tell if someone is running at me or if its one of my teammates 30 feet away :pac:

• Advertisement

You would also think with demonware based in Dublin and having servers here we should have one of the quickest loading times and less lag.

For those that don’t know here is activisions blog about them. Setup by 2 Irish lads and bought by activision.

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/A-Look-Inside-Demonware-The-Unsung-Heroes-Powering-Your-Online/ba-p/10194921

Below is the Data center location for BLOPS3 can’t imagine activision changed them that much for ww2 except maybe to add more locations. Could be way off though.

https://m.imgur.com/sCSJZde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Dozyart wrote: »
    In previous cods i would be all over sound whoring and listening for footsteps nearby,now it sounds like every map is being fought on a wooden floor....cant tell if someone is running at me or if its one of my teammates 30 feet away :pac:

This

I'm finding it really off putting. I'll have a teammate spawn acres away from me and I can hear him as if he were trying to sprint towards me in clogs and we were both standing on a snare drum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Played a bit of zombies last night. Fairly clueless as to what was going on as no one was using mics, so I just kind of followed everyone and killed zombies.
    I was impressed with the cast of actors they got involved in it. Is that the case with older games, that you play as semi well known actors?
    Anyone here interested in playing and showing me what's going on?
    My PSN is the same as here

heroics wrote: »
    You would also think with demonware based in Dublin and having servers here we should have one of the quickest loading times and less lag.

For those that don’t know here is activisions blog about them. Setup by 2 Irish lads and bought by activision.

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/A-Look-Inside-Demonware-The-Unsung-Heroes-Powering-Your-Online/ba-p/10194921

Below is the Data center location for BLOPS3 can’t imagine activision changed them that much for ww2 except maybe to add more locations. Could be way off though.

I’m fairly sure they are not using Demonware servers for this release I saw a video during the Beta and I think they are using a different company for this release and the closest servers to us are in London! I will see if I can dig it up as it was about the tick rate of the servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Played some of war mode last night and while I think the concept of it is good and possibly better then rush is in battlefield i think the maps are a little too small and also that bloody voiceover guy telling you constantly to build the bridge and sh1t is a paint in the ass.

I'd like to actually play it with a group tho where people were actually trying to work together to see how it works I'm sure it would be more fun.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Played some of war mode last night and while I think the concept of it is good and possibly better then rush is in battlefield i think the maps are a little too small and also that bloody voiceover guy telling you constantly to build the bridge and sh1t is a paint in the ass.

I'd like to actually play it with a group tho where people were actually trying to work together to see how it works I'm sure it would be more fun.

It's a great mode in a team. I find Omaha beach is the best map for War.

jayo26 wrote: »

I suppose it is a team based game, maybe a few lads on here can join you rather then some randomers who probably won't play the objecticve. Also I think if you go into settings you can turn off yer man telling you to build the bridge etc.

BTW lads for those of you who are stuck in the Headquarters, there are some nice challenges you can do with the firing range, hidden grid iron balls and falling certain distances! The hidden grid iron balls is frustrating as hell! Here is a video of all the challenges in there, btw the grid iron balls challenge is best done in an empty headquarters as you will have lads trying to do the same and get in your way :mad:

ok did a bit of digging on Reddit and found from the beta that there are dedicated servers in Europe but not run by Demonware which is bad for us. Again this is from the beta but as they were testing the servers I doubt they switched to Demonware so looks like we are on Gameservers,com/Rapidswitch,
    which is bad for us Irish players.:mad:
    submitted 2 months ago * by RawMessiahText
    The Good
    Spent my morning doing some light packet sniffing. I joined 40+ TDMs, captured network traffic using WireShark and let myself get kicked for inactivity.
    What I found was, that Europe does indeed have dedicated match servers. The host of every match was an IP belonging to either RapidSwitch or GameServers.com (see details below). That's the good news.

The not so good
    The bad news is that it's not uncommon to be put on servers far away with people even further away.
    Closests server to me is located in Frankfurt an Main (~800km/500mi), but only twice over the 40 matches, was I put on that. I was mostly connected to Paris (~1200km/750mi) or London (~1250km/775mi) servers. Not too bad in itself, but ...
    ... When you're matched with people spread all across Europe and even a corner of Asia, then it's no wonder people are experiencing problems, becuse that's a lot of ground to cover even for UDP packages. These were players' cities of my first match of the day, when I was connected to a Milano server:
    + Riyadh (Saudia Arabia)
    + Laval (France)
    + Rome (Italy)
    + Doncaster (England)
    + Madrid (Spain)
    + Palma (Balearic Islands, Spain)

I also saw a lot of non.host traffic to an Amazon server in Boardman, Oregon. I assume this is for debug, monitoring and statistics purposes.

Server list
    Servers and service providers I found during my matches

Choopa (Gameservers.com)
    Milano, ITA

Skanderborg, DK

Choopa (Vultr)
    Paris, FRA

<unknown>, FRA

Frankfurt, DE

<unknown>, UK

London, UK

Amsterdam, NL

Iomart (RapidSwitch)
    UK, <unknown>

Iomart (NodeDeply)
    <unknown>, UK

ok did a bit of digging on Reddit and found from the beta that there are dedicated servers in Europe but not run by Demonware which is bad for us. Again this is from the beta but as they were testing the servers I doubt they switched to Demonware so looks like we are on Gameservers,com/Rapidswitch,
    which is bad for us Irish players.:mad:

Yep had a look today on the PC instead of phone and 1:30

shows the locations on a nice map . You are right vultr/gameservers.com

https://www.vultr.com/locations/
    https://www.gameservers.com/why/

• Advertisement

Presumed they would use demonware since they own it. Maybe they should have! Don’t remember server issue lasting this long in previous releases. Usually just a bit more lag but don’t remember spending 4 days hardly able to join a game

Yep had a look today on the PC instead of phone and 1:30

shows the locations on a nice map . You are right vultr/gameservers.com

https://www.vultr.com/locations/
    https://www.gameservers.com/why/

To show how messed up the server matching is at the moment a friend of mine who lives in Scotland ended up in a game of Kill Confirmed with the famous Cod player TheMarkofJ who lives in New York:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

Played this for the first time last night, didn't even bother with online but did the first few missions on single player and really liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

:cool:

Simply Red wrote: »

:cool:

Nice one :D

If When I get pissed off running around in DOM I'll post myself in/around the home flag and play 'goalkeeper'. If I hear the flag being captured I'll let if go for a second or two in the hope the enemy bunches up on it then bam - Semtex :D. Sometimes they'll even get the cap just before I get the kills and I get the free points on the easy re-cap

On of the few ways I'm finding joy in this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

nice to see COD videos being posted by Boardies again :)

everlast75 wrote: »
    nice to see COD videos being posted by Boardies again :)

God be with the days we had enough activity on here to attempt a montage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

I miss tallons videos :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

is it worth getting/? I've hated the last few.

Advertisement