Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

heroics wrote: »
    Made for shipment 😂

Speaking of shipment I spent the day getting my 100 kills with the Bayonet, pain in the arse, but for it done so all current division challenges at 100%. I think the shipment playlist might disappear possibly this week or next which is a shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Regardless of the constant screen shaking courtesy of scorestreaks, the only playlist I have been playing is Shipment 1944 since it became a thing in the game. Fast to level up stuff and get tons of kills. It'll be a bit of a pain going back to larger maps and have slower paced gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Regardless of the constant screen shaking courtesy of scorestreaks, the only playlist I have been playing is Shipment 1944 since it became a thing in the game. Fast to level up stuff and get tons of kills. It'll be a bit of a pain going back to larger maps and have slower paced gameplay.

I've said it already but I am the same only playing shipment. I'll be disappointed when it goes. only played other maps for challenges like 15 kills FFA or win hp/war and found it so slow and boring

getting loads of challenges done though

Yes they patched the container wall in shipment! No more spawn trapping :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

About f*cking time - Can't believe it was even left that way for so long

Finally, I hated spawning there, always getting mowed down with a MG42 or MG15.

• Advertisement

Dom 75 live this weekend then a poll next week for Dom 50,75 or 100.

Paint shop is going live next week

And an important division announcement later today

https://twitter.com/shgames/status/982039432445313025?s=21

They put a poll for Hardcore Ricochet to be a thing or keep Hardcore the way it is right now. The majority voted for Ricochet. They kept Hardcore the same regardless of what the community wanted.

Makes me feel like they will not change Domination.

Here’s the new level ranking unlocks for each Division in Call of Duty: WWII:
    Infantry:

Additional Primary Attachment
    Second Pistol Attachment & swap weapons faster
    While aiming down sights, have less idle sway
    Move faster while aiming

Airborne:

Fire guns while sprinting & diving
    Reload while sprinting
    Climb over obstacles faster & no damage from falling
    Sprint faster over time

Armored:

Take significantly less explosive & fire damage
    Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment
    Increased bullet penetration through surfaces
    Greatly reduced flinch when shot

Mountain:

Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft & controlled streaks
    Killed enemy death locations hidden
    No name or reticle change when enemies aim at you
    Silent movement

Expeditionary:

Double Lethal + Tactical & enhanced equipment use
    Munitions replenish from killed enemies & over time
    Improved Tacticals & Easier to destroy War buildables
    Equipment damage paints enemies on mini-map

Resistance:

Mini-map indicator & scrambler of close hostiles
    Enemy movements are easier to hear
    Kills & assists grant Intel Ping of nearby enemies
    Easier to spot targets & increased mini-map coverage

Here is all of the brand new Division Changes, including Unlimited Sprint for all Players, a 4th Perk option, and more:

Loadout Selection Changes:

LMG Bipod and Sniper Sharpshooter are automatically available when using an LMG or Sniper
    Remaining Division Skills (weapon class attachments) are selectable in CAC (and no longer given by division)
    Each Division has a 4th perk and their levels have been adjusted & rebalanced
    All players have unlimited sprint & sprint speed is slightly slower
    3 Primary Attachments for all loadouts
    One piece of both Lethal & Tactical equipment for all loadouts
    Launchers can be equipped for all loadouts
    The Rifle Grenade is an available attachment for all rifles
    The Suppressor is an available attachment for all pistols
    The Pistol Suppressor has a 15% range reduction vs. the SMG Suppressor’s 30% range reduction
    The following Basic Trainings are cut & no longer selectable: Primed & Bang
    Prestige tokens spent on these are refunded & associated challenges are auto-completed

The following Basic Trainings are newly added: Blitzkrieg & Clandestine
    Blitzkrieg: “Streaks are earned by Kills (instead of Score). Bonus: Streaks are improved & select a 4th Streak.”
    Clandestine: “Slain enemies drop Intel Packs that reveal nearby hostiles. Bonus: Intel ping at the start of each life.”

Resistance/Infantry Shifts:

Moved “Second pistol attachment & swap weapons faster” to Infantry to align with its marksmanship focus
    Filled gap in Resistance with “Enemy movements are easier to hear” to align with its counter-intelligence focus

Weapon/Mechanic Tuning Changes:

Global sprint speed reduced (to account for Unlimited Sprint)
    1.3x instead of previously 1.4x
    Reduced Launcher effectiveness against players
    Panzerschreck nerfed damage & projectile speed
    Bazooka buffed radius, buffed projectile speed & nerfed damage
    Bazooka should more reliably give hitmarkers than before & increased projectile speed should make it better than Panzer against streaks.
    Frag & Sticky grenade max damage nerfed
    ~10% max damage reduction to account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical and address existing complaints of grenade spam
    Shellshock & Earthquake effects from Lethal Equipment significantly reduced
    Reduced effect radius and duration to address existing complaints and account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical
    Tactical Equipment strength adjusted
    All tacticals without Expeditionary III got a small nerf
    Smoke lasts 10 seconds (previously: 14 seconds; Expeditionary III: 14 seconds)
    Signal Flare lasts 3.5 seconds (previously: 5 seconds; Expeditionary III: 5.5 seconds)
    Stun effects last between 1.75-3.5 seconds (previously: 2-4 seconds; Expeditionary III: 2.5-4.25 seconds)
    Tabun Gas deals 1 dmg every 1 second 5 times (previously: 10 dmg every 1 second 5 times; Expeditionary III: 5 dmg every 0.625 seconds 8 times)

The following Basic Trainings have had their benefits changed:

Energetic: Adds “Increased sprint speed”. Removes “Sprint again sooner”
    Forage: Adds “Resupply bullets over time”. Adds “Extra magazines”. “Removes “Swap weapons faster”.
    Ordnance: Adds “Killed enemies drop Streak packs that fill your meter”. Removes “Re-roll your own care packages”.
    Launched: Adds “Additional launcher ammunition”. Removes “Only way to take a Launcher”.
    Concussed: Adds “Take two pieces of Lethal & Tactical equipment”. Removes “presetting what the equipment is”.
    Instincts: Adds “Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment”. Esports-only change to remove “warning when targeted off-screen” benefit (with the intention for this BT to be unbanned by MLG and used in competitive to counter Tacticals).

Incendiary Shells attachment buffed
    Gives Additional Shells (7 for Combat Shotgun; 8 for all other shotguns)
    Range reduction of Shells buffed to -10% from -15%
    Sped up loading of shells for Combat Shotgun
    M30 Rifle Bullet ammo buffed
    Gives Additional Bullets (8 bullets instead of previous 6)
    LMG Bipod Buffed
    Increased fire rate while mounted (+9% which is equal to Rapid Fire attachment for LMGs [which stacks])
    Firing while mounted initially draws ammo from reserve then once exhausted draws from current clip (removing the need to reload).
    Sniper Sharpshooter Duration Buffed
    Hold breath increased to 10 seconds from 4 seconds. Promotes using snipers the “proper” way rather than quickscoping.
    Buffed “Take Significantly less fire & explosive damage” from Armored
    80% reduction from fire & explosive damage (previously was 65% reduction)
    “Reduced idle sway” from Infantry III & Scoped now affects snipers
    30% reduction for Snipers; vs. all other weapon classes’ 65% reduction
    This does stack with Ballistic Calibration attachment
    Buffed “Move faster while aiming” from Infantry IV & Scoped
    Maintained separation between weapon classes (Sniper < LMG < Rifle < SMG < Pistol / Shotgun)
    LMGs mostly got their ADS firing speed buffed since that was previously very slow even with Infantry IV
    Snipers got a smaller buff than other weapon classes since it isn’t beneficial to move too fast
    Pistols & Shotguns already equaled non-ads speed with Infantry IV so they were not adjusted

https://charlieintel.com/2018/04/06/wwii-divisions-update/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Armoured sniper it is so :p

Here’s the new level ranking unlocks for each Division in Call of Duty: WWII:

https://charlieintel.com/2018/04/06/wwii-divisions-update/

I presumed that was an April fools. Holy sh1t that’s like a new game. Could completely chance the way the game plays

Good breakdown from TheXclusiveAce on all the changes, he has actually played the game with the patch applied as he was flown out to play the new maps

I'm excited to see how this plays out - I've more or less stopped playing it. The earliest in a cycle I'd say I've put down a COD game. I don't hate it, just don't find it very satisfying to play

Fair play to SHG for having the balls to make such radical changes mid-cycle

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Must kick it off when I get home

I'm not seeing the option online or in-game. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Good breakdown from TheXclusiveAce on all the changes, he has actually played the game with the patch applied as he was flown out to play the new maps

This is fantastic, i was getting close to finishing up with this game. Defo get another few months out of it now with the new maps aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

if anyone plays Domination add me, POS__51

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm not seeing the option online or in-game. :(

Yep same here we might not see it until later tonight, I’ll keep the thread updated when I see it appear on my PS4

You know what was great fun...

Playing Dom, ricochet, calling in your firebomber and you "kill" your teammates...except it's you who keeps dying.

P*ssed myself laughing.

Ricochet and dom 75 are gone with latest update.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    You know what was great fun...

Playing Dom, ricochet, calling in your firebomber and you "kill" your teammates...except it's you who keeps dying.

P*ssed myself laughing.

Ricochet and dom 75 are gone with latest update.
    Yep the Shipment Hardcore Ricochet was great craic shame it’s gone, hope it makes a return some weekend

Yep same here we might not see it until later tonight, I’ll keep the thread updated when I see it appear on my PS4

Yep forget about preloading the dlc, CharlieIntel didn’t specify it was only in the US on their tweet.

Patch is live on PS4 and I take it Xbox and PC as well, it’s over 5Gb.
    Also for PS4 The War Machine is also live that’s 5.8Gb.

Patch is live on PS4 and I take it Xbox and PC as well, it’s over 5Gb.
    Also for PS4 The War Machine is also live that’s 5.8Gb.

Forgot to leave PS4 on this morning. Damn it

Headquarters has been re-designed took a minute to get my bearings! 3rd weapon Prestige has been added, unlimited sprint is pretty cool and the 3rd weapon attachment is handy Paint jobs is now available at the gunsmith. That’s all I can report from playing it this morning

Oh yeah forgot to mention a couple of new weapons coming soon listed under marksman challenges
    ITRA burst
    M2 Carbine
    Type 5
    Sterling
    Type 38

• Advertisement

Looking forward to having a burst fire weapon available

Hopefully it's a rifle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

x43r0 wrote: »
    Looking forward to having a burst fire weapon available

Hopefully it's a rifle

Hopefully it's a Famas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Tempted to re-download this again to see what it's like with the new patch.

3rd weapon Prestige has been added,

There is a Gold Leopard challenge when you enter third prestige.
    25 rapid kills apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

smoke everywhere.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

smoke everywhere.....

I was afraisd this would happen !
    Smoke and stuns

Went back to the normal playlist (from shipment) everyone camping on most of the maps. Smoke stuns and Nades everywhere. Armoured is the only real option at the moment

I'm still not playing normal playlists.

So lads let us know what you think of World War II remastered :D
    I think it’s great having infinite sprint before you would nearly collapse out of breath you’d swear your soldier was unfit and smoking 20 fags a day. Now I’m like a marathon runner :D

Some things I find quite meh. I do find it a bit frustrating how now I can't put a suppressor on SMGs I pick up from enemies when I run out of ammo with my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

its ok but i prefer the way it was tbh

That's bad and good.

Good because it allows us to get more weapons faster.

Bad because I won't always have enough armory credits to compensate and purchase the contracts. I remember the Volksturmgewehr was a contract and it was there for a few days. I did not have enough. But then when I got enough, it went away :mad:. Yes, I still don't have that gun.

its ok but i prefer the way it was tbh

Yeah somethings I don’t like like the constant stun grenades on shipment 1944.
    I think the latest map pack is a hell of a lot better then the first one, I’ve played a few times on Dunkirk and V2 and they are good, probably like the Egypt on the most. Also if you have the maps they are coming up in normal playlists, I played Dunkirk and V2 on harcore FFA last night

That's bad and good.

Good because it allows us to get more weapons faster.

Bad because I won't always have enough armory credits to compensate and purchase the contracts. I remember the Volksturmgewehr was a contract and it was there for a few days. I did not have enough. But then when I got enough, it went away :mad:. Yes, I still don't have that gun.

No these daily orders are the free ones not the contracts that you have to buy with Armoury credits. There was one yesterday for an Epic LMG it was something like get 25 headshots with an LMG to earn it. So we will see if they offer only existing weapons or will they add in the new ones when they release.

No these daily orders are the free ones not the contracts that you have to buy with Armoury credits. There was one yesterday for an Epic LMG it was something like get 25 headshots with an LMG to earn it. So we will see if they offer only existing weapons or will they add in the new ones when they release.

Oh :P, I tend to get the words orders and contracts mixed up a lot in this game. You can tell I'm pissed that I still have not got the Volksturmgewehr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It was 3 head shots when it first appeared :D

What’s the deal with the i game connection? I have the ps4 wired, ping is only 7ms 30/7 connection speed but it feels like I’m playing hard core, when I’m not :confused::(:mad: my HDR is only 0.96 because of it.

mad muffin wrote: »
    It was 3 head shots when it first appeared :D

What’s the deal with the i game connection? I have the ps4 wired, ping is only 7ms 30/7 connection speed but it feels like I’m playing hard core, when I’m not :confused::(:mad: my HDR is only 0.96 because of it.

I suppose it depends distance from server and other players I seem to be playing loads of Germans at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I suppose it depends distance from server and other players I seem to be playing loads of Germans at the moment.

I’m definitely playing players close to me. Irish, English, and French. In consol info it’s normally 4K+kbs whatever that is.

Advertisement