Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Anybody else getting destroyed in a regular basis. Could always hold my own before but now I'm getting hammered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

After much cursing and grinding of teeth I went and played kill confirmed and did so much better. Dom needs the score per kill changed imo.

Won't be playing dom solo in a long while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

sryanbruen wrote: »
    According to Condrey, the Lewis Gun is the highest K/D LMG on average in WW2.

I tried the Bren because I liked the look of it but the Lewis is way better.

CptMackey wrote: »
    Anybody else getting destroyed in a regular basis. Could always hold my own before but now I'm getting hammered

I’ve found it harder and harder to keep my kd/winloss up. First weekend when I could get a game kd was close to 1.5. Now it’s dropped to 1.3 and find if I don’t use one of the better guns I struggle really badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Anyone else have issues loading the game up?

Starts fine, shows the logos for Activision Sledgehammer and Raven, then no menu. Just a black screen with the background music. Reinstall required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Anyone else have issues loading the game up?

Starts fine, shows the logos for Activision Sledgehammer and Raven, then no menu. Just a black screen with the background music. Reinstall required?

Ive had it happen once or twice yes. Annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

heroics wrote: »
    I’ve found it harder and harder to keep my kd/winloss up. First weekend when I could get a game kd was close to 1.5. Now it’s dropped to 1.3 and find if I don’t use one of the better guns I struggle really badly.

I went on last night, had a perfect 7 match run with no lag - that's a first for me in WW2. I was on top of the board for like 6 of the matches and my K/D was probably the best out of any COD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I haven't played this since I traded it in, but a question I have, does anyone find it's too familiar? Like it's been done before? It has stopped me picking it up again, knowing that I feel like there is nothing new to this game for me.

I'm definitely in the smaller boat here, but I think going back to something they have already done was a bad move, but that's a personal opinion. I'm sure sales will state otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I know he tends to divide opinion but I think Wings is definitely on to something here

He doesn't generally make many tips videos so when he does I make sure to check it out. He was after all the guy who first publicised the OMA noob tube strategy in MW2 (:mad:)

I already mentioned on here before about having trouble making out players against the map backgrounds so can see this going on all my classes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Double XP kicks off tonight around 6pm live until Monday
    Also winter event kicking off with Winter Carentan map free to all for a limited time and big patch incoming next week to fix map exploits nerfed the Bar again and fix for flinch.

Full details here
    Rank up as much as you can lads :D
    https://twitter.com/shgames/status/933188301128835073

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

Im going to have to sell this game on. I have tried eveeything to connect online bit keep getting the same error code 5 message. Worst servers ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

da gamer wrote: »
    Im going to have to sell this game on. I have tried eveeything to connect online bit keep getting the same error code 5 message. Worst servers ever.

if you are on xbox,hard reset the console and then plug it out for a minute.....seen it on the activision twitter around release and worked evertime i had error messages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

da gamer wrote: »

Same trying to download updates, that fails, then error code 5 pops up. So frustrating. On PS4 if anyone has any fixes for it?

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Same trying to download updates, that fails, then error code 5 pops up. So frustrating. On PS4 if anyone has any fixes for it?

Lads have a look at this and see if it works for you
    https://youtu.be/nODUX6zgamc

HQ on Xbox still empty for people?

Same here on PS4 I think they are switching on different regions and seeing how it impacts the servers obviously Ireland isn’t turned on yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

2XP starting now until next Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

Normal XP starting now until next Monday.
    :pac::pac::D

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Lads have a look at this and see if it works for you
    https://youtu.be/nODUX6zgamc

I've tried twice starting a game of local play and the twice the game's crashed and Playstation has given me Error CE-34878-0.

This is so strange. I've the latest patch installed for COD so I'm at a loss. Just wanna play the feckin thing online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Honestly can say I havnt had any problems. On xbone and don't think any of my usual squad have had much either. Got it all with GTA so feel for you guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd nearly be tempted to pick it up again to give that a go!

Was wondering if SHG would adopt the popular Battlegrounds/Battle Royal mode.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/934841061209493507

That’s only on the Chinese online PC version developed by Raven.

Although we will be getting the War mode from World at War back according to rumours along with Gun Game.
    Winter event kicks off on Friday so I expect a big update patch tomorrow/Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Been away since launch. Coming him today and gonna finally get to play the game. Is there still connection issues? I remember people complaining about it here. What's your views 1 month in?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Been away since launch. Coming him today and gonna finally get to play the game. Is there still connection issues? I remember people complaining about it here. What's your views 1 month in?

Still enjoy the game generally. I have a few issues though.

Last night started having issues again when a game finished it would just go to a screen that I couldn't back out of and find a new lobby and dump me into a game. no scoreboard, change class etc. only way to get out was to join new game and quit. Tried hard point and it was laggy so turned it off.

Found lately that I am finding the games more difficult. Trying out different weapons means I get ruined and end up going back to Bar/FG42/grease/ppsh to compete. Also don't know about anyone else but I run primed on every class. My K/D after the first 10 hours of game play was ~1.5 now its down to 1.2

After I prestiged and unlocked the BAR and Primed I really don't feel that I am missing anything. Not like other CODs where I had a number of perks/weapons that I really had to think before using a permanent unlock token.

I'm finding that rushing is a death sentence. Could be that I am getting older but game seems to encourage walking around not running. (just like real life :D)

I have started playing mainly war as KD does not matter at all but 3 maps is starting to get monotonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

So far it's the worst COD I've played and I'm not saying that lightly. Been playing since W@W.

Hopefully this mode will be fun and I'll start playing the game again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm finding that rushing is a death sentence. Could be that I am getting older but game seems to encourage walking around not running. (just like real life :D)

This is isn't just in your head. The sprint-out times in this game are apparently the slowest in the COD series (See the video I posted recently on this thread)

It’s grand Mark! big patch coming in the next few days, Headquarters are still empty but that’s no big deal. I have not experienced any connection issues in the last 3 weeks. It is extremely slow ranking up. Quickscoping is pretty bad, the BAR And PPSH are the “go to” guns at the moment. Maps aren’t that bad imho once you get used to the way they flow. Couple of map glitches that hopefully will be fixed in the coming patch. It’s a boots on the ground COD game so it’s going to be a lot slower Ipace then Blops3/Advanced Warfare/Infinite Warfare.
    But I’m enjoying it one month in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

It’s grand Mark! big patch coming in the next few days, Headquarters are still empty but that’s no big deal. I have not experienced any connection issues in the last 3 weeks. It is extremely slow ranking up. Quickscoping is pretty bad, the BAR And PPSH are the “go to” guns at the moment. Maps aren’t that bad imho once you get used to the way they flow. Couple of map glitches that hopefully will be fixed in the coming patch. It’s a boots on the ground COD game so it’s going to be a lot slower Ipace then Blops3/Advanced Warfare/Infinite Warfare.
    But I’m enjoying it one month in.

Yeah its ok, one thing I feel the kill streaks aren't that great, very boring actually. There is no mid range streak (like a stealth chopper Blops2) that you feel is worth it and will excite you. Its just a variation of dropping bombs:(

For Example I think at least the strafing run you should get two passes at least, you are lucky to get only one kill with it as it is.

I am using the requisitions perk where you don't loose your streak but they cost more. You could get a paratrooper drop handy enough or at least every odd game. 24 kills roughly for this

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I find the game overall incredibly boring, the maps are pretty crap and it just feels like a chore to play after a few rounds. I loved World at War, so this is especially disappointing. Even though the whole lasers/jetpacks/wall-running stuff is not for me, I still thought Black Ops 3/Infinite Warfare were decent enough. COD: WW2 is just seriously missing something. Almost finished the campaign (which is pretty OK once it gets going, but nowhere near as good as Infinite Warfare), and then it's getting traded back in. Can't even find motivation to play it mostly when there's such brilliant stuff like Overwatch/BF1 out there as well...not to mention the older COD titles.

I would say it's hands down the poorest COD in a long time. Not a terrible game, but just very average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Also don't know about anyone else but I run primed on every class. My K/D after the first 10 hours of game play was ~1.5 now its down to 1.2
    Think i have maybe used prime once or twice didn't see the benefit of using it although i have bang on every class which seems pretty under used especially in war

Advertisement