Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

F1ngers wrote: »
    There was a 70 kills in gg also, activated both, got the top 3 before I got 70 kills. :D

Not doing the 2 touchdowns in gridiron or win 3 shootouts in HQ.

Show off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

F1ngers wrote: »
    There was a 70 kills in gg also, activated both, got the top 3 before I got 70 kills. :D

Not doing the 2 touchdowns in gridiron or win 3 shootouts in HQ.

Yeah I did that challenge s well I didn’t think I’d get the 70 kills but I got both done pretty easily in the end. Grid iron didn’t both with as it’s hard to do with randomers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone wanna party up this week on PS4?

MarkLogan-91

The lee Enfield was my first weapon gold. But for some reason in gun game it’s a hit marker machine for me. Seems to be the only weapon I keep getting stuck on. Even the shotguns are going better for me. Just played 3 games and got hit markers over and over again with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Just the svt left to get diamond assault rifles. My god I hate that gun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

From Michael Condrey on Reddit:
    We are excited to share that we’ve completed the first phase of our individual Ranked Play MMR process of Season One, The Placement Season. In today’s update, we’ve introduced 2-player party functionality into Ranked Play. We look forward to continuing Season One, and gathering 2P party data throughout the weeks ahead.

There are a number of reasons we chose to introduce 2-player parties first. It’s important to maintaining the integrity of Ranked Play that we don’t force players to have a full party to be competitive with other full parties. It’s also quicker, to skill match individual players and parties of 2, which is an important factor to the Ranked Play experience.

Related, we have a tightly integrated GameBattles feature that offers a 4v4 team experience that mirrors the CWL rule set and is the perfect place for 4-player parties to test their team skill against other full teams.

We’ll have more exciting news in the weeks ahead, so please stay tuned to the r/WWII subreddit and @SHGames via Twitter.

Best, Condrey

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7kvd4u/2_player_parties_now_live_in_codwwii_ranked_play/?st=jbe0euxw&sh=f1b0e410

Underwhelming map pack another remake of Resistance when they did it already on Infinite Warfare last year. The War map I really don’t care as I don’t play that mode and that really leaves two original maps.
    Multiplayer needed at least 4 maps as the nine just isn’t enough. Stinks of a lack of ideas by Sledgehammer!

Seriously. Top 3 in gg again. They really are pushing gg. Must be f*ck all playing it except for challenges.

Enjoyed it in previous cods but this one just annoys me.

Keep getting stuck on either the gewehr or the lee Enfield.

Challenges are getting repeetive now. Why not something like X amount of domination enemy flag captures? It would stop people camping and actually start capturing flags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

This map pack looks like it has the same fundamental flaws as the maps in the game currently. It has stunningly nice art direction, decoration and war feel, but this also makes it cluttered and hard to make out teammates/enemy's and you can guarantee the layout will be absolutely atrocious if the original 9 are anything to go by.

I can imagine them hearing feedback from fans complaining about the layout/lack of flow and them replying 'we'll make the maps prettier to look at'.

For remakes they could really have delved into Advanced Warfare and remake some of the maps from that game they would have worked fine, Maps like Comeback, Solar Defender and Detroit would all work well as boots on the ground maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

^^fuk me thats some amount of $$ for what really is a polished,nice looking turd of a game.

60€ of that is mine in fairness I swallowed the PR like everyone else :)

So they buffed the Combat Shotgun but not the Sawed Off or Luftwaffe? :confused:

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/943928558354927616

sryanbruen wrote: »
    So they buffed the Combat Shotgun but not the Sawed Off or Luftwaffe? :confused:

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/943928558354927616

It’s crazy. It was the only shotgun that was usable.

Glad I didn’t waste my prestige token on the fg. Was using it last night and it’s ruined.
    Didn’t notice much with the mp40 but recoil seemed worse. Probably because of the inc in fire rate

heroics wrote: »
    It’s crazy. It was the only shotgun that was usable.

Glad I didn’t waste my prestige token on the fg. Was using it last night and it’s ruined.
    Didn’t notice much with the mp40 but recoil seemed worse. Probably because of the inc in fire rate

This was kind of a stupid update if I'm completely honest. The PPSh is still reigning supreme in SMGs, the FG42 now is pretty much useless (though usable at least), the worst guns (the shotguns named) were not buffed, instead the best shotgun was buffed. The only good part of the update to me was the Machine Pistol being relatively nerfed.

Like come on SHG! You're starting to push my buttons and beginning to feel everybody's annoyance of COD WW2.

Does anyone anywhere actually like carantan? How did they think this is a great map

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Lads any ideas on how to stop my game from freezing?

Keeps happening on single player campaign, 2md mission in on operation cobra,just as mission starts and I jump off the tank the games freezes every time.

I've tried uninstalling and re installing the game.

Actually I've restarted the whole game back to the start,I'll see if it freezes again when I get to that point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Scratch that,restarting the game from the start seemed to work.

A new patch update for Call of Duty: WWII, version 1.08, is now live on PlayStation 4. The patch update is 1.8GB file size.

The latest update has ended the Winter Siege event in Call of Duty: WWII. Headquarters has gone back to normal — no more snow or holiday decorations.

Even though Winter Siege has come to an end, SHG says that players will still be available to complete active Orders for Winter Siege rewards, open previously held Winter Siege Supply Drops, and continue to finish Winter Collections. Winter Collection Rewards, however, are not available.

SHG has also added Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist.

https://charlieintel.com/2018/01/02/patch-update-1-08-call-duty-wwii-now-live-ps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

So with Winter Siege over is that Gun Game gone as well? Can't find it anywhere :(

Yes! hardcore Kill Confirmed good news

In a new post on Reddit, Michael Condrey has shared some of the weapon tuning updates the studio is currently considering. Condrey says that they cannot promise to make all of these changes, but they are actively looking at all of the data and feedback for weapon tuning update coming out in the next few weeks.

From Condrey:

Here’s what’s top of mind currently, though we haven’t committed to any of them yet so let’s talk it through:

- Kar98k. It’s currently setup to be the second most damaging sniper (to the Springfield by a small margin), but also the quickest scoping time weapon in the class. We’re considering an ADS in time nerf.

- FG42. Did we go too far with the last fire rate nerf? Maybe. It’s a great weapon that we want to have as viable option with other ARs and SMGs. Might need to find a median between where it was, and where it is now.

- M1 Garand. Some sentiment of it being OP is mostly coming because of the kill potential at closer ranges. The difficulty of the weapon lies in its recoil when shot rapidly down range, but you don’t really feel the recoil when firing at close range due to recoil effecting range fights, and more consistent aim assist at closer ranges. May need to adjust fire rate, pull up time, and/ or reload time.

- STG44. I love this weapon. And it’s such an iconic WWII assault rifle. It’s pretty versatile too. But it may need a slight buff to make it competitive with the BAR, Garand, and FG42 (if we buff as noted above), and viable against some of the most used SMGs.

In a new Reddit comment on r/WWII, Sledgehammer Games has shared that they are working on a big new game update for Call of Duty: WWII that is scheduled to go live in the ‘next couple of weeks,’ which will include many updates that fans have been asking for. SHG did not go into detail as to what exactly will be in the update as of now.

SHG has also stated that they are working on a new ‘big in-game event’ that is set to go live ‘soon.’ SHG states more information on what the event is will be revealed in the near future. Alongside this, new game modes, engagements events, and DLC1 is in the works.

We’re working towards a massive full integrate, similar to our game update on 12/7 LINK, that should hit in the next couple weeks and will include many of the changes requested in this Subreddit, and our social channels. We’re also working on the upcoming Resistance DLC1, adding new modes, and engagement events. Plus, a big in-game event that’s coming up. More details soon on that.

https://charlieintel.com/2018/01/05/shg-says-big-game-event-wwii-coming-soon-next-big-update-coming-next-weeks/

STG is basically the only gin I use so I welcome the potential buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah hard to leave the STG

Michael Condrey on Reddit:
    We hope everyone is having a great time ranking up during our 2XP weekend. Competition is impressive, and it’s clear by my K:D that any developer head-start I once had is now gone. I’m feeling a bit like a Buffalo Bills’ fan, having waited a long time to get back to having an edge, only to have it quickly gone again. Was that too soon? Sorry Buffalo. As a lifelong Rams fan, I feel your pain. But, I digress. Let’s get back to the topic at hand: Game Modes in Call of Duty WWII.

Here’s a couple things to talk about: • Game Modes at Launch • Game Modes Post Launch • Ground War, 9v9

Game Modes at Launch:

A lot of work went into deciding which game modes would be available at launch. Map design, modes, spawns, and competitive balance are all incredibly intertwined factors throughout development. Each map needs to play well and exhibit a fair team balance across many differing game modes. It’s a huge undertaking, especially when fan expectations are as high as those in the COD community. Imagine the MP designers striving to create compelling maps that work equally well for TDM, Hardpoint, S&D, CTF and many others. Then, there’s also a very important player fragmentation factor that may not be apparent to everyone. Essentially, a fixed number of players is split up across all the modes offered. A large number of modes leads to longer lobby wait times or less ideal pings for the less popular game modes, exacerbated by the need to do lobby matchmaking across every region and time zone on the planet. We have also seen that a large number of modes can feel overwhelming or less accessible to players trying to master the game, which hurts player satisfaction and fan engagement overall. Not to mention the amount of time and energy that goes into bringing great new modes, like War, to life for each game iteration. In short, more game modes isn’t always better, and inevitably we choose to prioritize the most popular and the most compelling, while delivering the best experience we can, using every development day available.

Game Modes Post Launch

Now that launch is behind us, we are discussing a ton of really compelling game modes that have been part of the franchise history. While War, Headquarters, and Uplink/Gridiron are a few that have been introduced in our games, and that we have a lot of heart for, there are many others like Infected that we also love as players. We enjoyed seeing fans really stoked for the return of Gun Game, and we want to continue supporting that excitement throughout the DLC season ahead. Rest assured, we have a lot of ambition to keep driving hard on game updates and fixes. We’re also as committed as ever to holding a high quality on new experiences, and won’t rush adding a mode into the game if it isn’t balanced and fun for WWII.

Ground War, 9v9

Some of you have asked about the outlook for Ground War in Call of Duty WWII. The reality is that maps built for balance, flow, and good spawns at 6v6 traditionally don’t hold up as well for us when playing 9v9, and this was no different for Ground Game in WWII. We track spawn data for every spawn, on every match, globally since launch, and are happy to report that our bad-spawns are at franchise historic lows. The same couldn’t be said for Ground War with 9v9 teams during development. We considered building unique maps for Ground War, like we built for our War experiences, but that just wasn’t feasible during development given our other game ambitions for MP. I can’t say that Ground War won’t come to WWII eventually, but it’s nowhere on the horizon given our current roadmap.

Hope this helps with some context. Please consider it in the spirit of open dialog and frank discussion. Your input is important, and even our best laid plans tend to change over time. Right now, we’re excited about The Resistance event that is coming up in just a few weeks, and the news that we’ll be sharing about it shortly.

Ok, back to the game. See you online!

Best,

Condrey and @SHGames

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7ovq7s/game_modes_call_of_duty_wwii/?st=jc84z9g3&sh=596f703e

• Advertisement

Advertisement