Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

At least the spectator bug does not effect consoles :eek::eek:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7p83i7/spectator_bug_update_wwii/

"Happy New Year, everyone!

We wanted to update you on the work we've done to address the PC issue that some people were seeing where they initially spawned into a match in spectator mode. This delayed spawn issue generally is uncommon and brief on consoles, but had the potential to be much longer for PC players."

at this stage you'd have to wonder do they play the game themselves at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

heroics wrote: »
    At least the spectator bug does not effect consoles :eek::eek:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7p83i7/spectator_bug_update_wwii/

"Happy New Year, everyone!

We wanted to update you on the work we've done to address the PC issue that some people were seeing where they initially spawned into a match in spectator mode. This delayed spawn issue generally is uncommon and brief on consoles, but had the potential to be much longer for PC players."

at this stage you'd have to wonder do they play the game themselves at all.

Most times I join a lobby or game, I'm in Spectator mode of another played for at least a few seconds. It's ok igiess before a game but during a game, it feels as if I'm in a que to get my spot on the team or something. It's definitely something that I haven't experienced in other cod games. And while in Spectator mode, propel often have invisible guns.

Btw how do you inspect your gun? People always do it when a game is starting. I pressed every button and can't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

MarkY91 wrote: »

Btw how do you inspect your gun? People always do it when a game is starting. I pressed every button and can't do it.

Hold down whichever button you use to switch to your pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Do you think developers behind WW2 listen to any negative feedback from fans or do they pretend like everything is rosy? Just curious.

Do you think developers behind WW2 listen to any negative feedback from fans or do they pretend like everything is rosy? Just curious.

Actual picture of the devs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

In a new Reddit post, Michael Condrey has given a brief preview of what to expect in Call of Duty: WWII in January.

Condrey says they have more news to share in the days ahead about what’s coming, but here’s what they are currently working on:
    • Domination XL Test Playlist, which has 100 points per kill
    • Weapon Tuning Updates coming next week
    • CWL New Orleans — they are working to enable live streaming of this event inside of the theater in HQ on PS4
    • Full game update with fixes coming this month
    • Plans to fix the Spectator bug issue in the next update for PS4 and Xbox One, PC experience improved with updates over holiday
    The Resistance is packed with all kinds of new content- MP maps and a new War experience, a new Zombies chapter, events, rewards, and more. CWL New Orleans is about to kick off this weekend. (Fingers crossed – we’re working to see if we can live-stream the event straight to the HQ theater for PS4, so you can watch it directly in game while still practicing in the 1v1 pit or on the firing range). We’ve got new weapon tuning updates to address community feedback that we’d like to roll those out next week. In addition, we’re looking at a Domination XL (100 points per kill) test playlist to re-examine player enjoyment (vs Dom 50). There’s a game update coming with some key fixes too. Plus a host of additional news that we look forward to sharing in the days ahead.

https://charlieintel.com/2018/01/10/domination-xl-playlist-weapon-updates-resistance-coming-wwii-january/

He also updated his post about the spawn delay issue

[Update]: Morning all. I spoke out of turn on this post yesterday. In effort to communicate more here on Reddit, I hastily represented the console experiences as both being the same. That wasn’t fair to the community. I do play WWII a lot, but I’m primarily a CODWWII PS4 player. I play on PC too, but less frequently. This spectator bug definitely impacts X1 more than any other platform at the moment. The optimistic news, per my post above, is that a fix is coming and the SHG dev and QA team were aware of the need for urgency. The fix was integrated into our next game update for X1 and PS4, which will go live once it clears the first parties. It did considerably improve the PC experience, and the issue is less common, and brief, on PS4 which will also get the console fix. We will get it fixed for Xbox players too. So put this one on me - not the Team. And know every developer at SHG is listening and working to improve the game and bring exciting new events and content to fans of the game.

I think the posts following your own highlight the good level of community engagement in place

x43r0 wrote: »
    I think the posts following your own highlight the good level of community engagement in place

But they only started that 5 days ago after months of asking for it. This was highlighted by a number of large COD youtubers that the community interaction was at an all time low.

The reason I'd question whether they listened was because they seemed to patch random stuff (Combat shotgun)/not mention the biggest issues (Sprint out times, spawn delay, Health regen etc) for the community if you look at reddit and other forums.

Condreys first post was about weapon changes which to me made it look like they were only listening to the COD Pros not the rest of the community.

Anyway this new communication is much better and hopefully they keep it up. Maybe a post about the reasoning behind the sprint out times and if there will be an update would be nice.

Maybe a post about the reasoning behind the sprint out times and if there will be an update would be nice.

Are you referring to how slow the sprint out is?

• Advertisement

Are you referring to how slow the sprint out is?

Yep also that quickdraw does not work if you use aim to come out of sprint.

I used to rush non stop in previous cods but in this I've had to start walking everywhere

Yep also that quickdraw does not work if you use aim to come out of sprint.

I used to rush non stop in previous cods but in this I've had to start walking everywhere

The time from full sprint to ADS though is (sprint out time + ADS time) and quickdraw is only meant to reduce the latter so I don't think it's a case of quickdraw not working but rather the longer SO time increasing the total equation so it seems like you're not getting the benefit of QD

(Unless you're referring to some confirmed bug on this exact case in which case I am wrong - I don't follow bug/patch news much anymore)

The time from full sprint to ADS though is (sprint out time + ADS time) and quickdraw is only meant to reduce the latter so I don't think it's a case of quickdraw not working but rather the longer SO time increasing the total equation so it seems like you're not getting the benefit of QD

(Unless you're referring to some confirmed bug on this exact case in which case I am wrong - I don't follow bug/patch news much anymore)

I know what you are saying but regardless of quickdraw or not sprintout times are too slow. It kills run and gun playstyle and results in everyone playing slower and more cautiously.

I have completely changed my playstyle in this COD compared to previous where now I pretty much walk everywhere. This results in way better stats but tbh I just don't enjoy that style of play as I find it too slow.

even the basic training to reduce sprintout time it only works if you shoot to get out of sprint. do anything else and you still have to deal with sprint out and ADS time.

Its not just me btw if you look online it is one of the top requests on reddit and exclusiveace/Drift0r etc have also called for a decrease in sprintout times especially for Subs/shotguns.

I don't want it gone just reduced a bit. Another option would be to make airborne include a version of fast hands.

As I said it would be nice if the devs/studio at least acknowledged the issue and puit out a statement that they are looking at them/changing them/leaving them as they are etc maybe with an explanation why.

BTW I'm not disagreeing with you - I'd love for SO time to get a reduction

Just wanted to clarify your previous post in case some people misinterpreted it as quickdraw being broken when SO time is the real culprit here

BTW I'm not disagreeing with you - I'd love for SO time to get a reduction

Just wanted to clarify your previous post in case some people misinterpreted it as quickdraw being broken when SO time is the real culprit here

Hopefully we get more info soon

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7pkkye/quick_update_on_community_concerns/

That's why while we have a Game Update coming for you soon, we would also like to expand on some of our high-priority items below that remain top issues in the community. Some of them are issues that need to be fixed, some of them are design choices that we'd like to explain. So stay tuned for a more detailed post on the below:

Sprint out times
    Spectating issue at beginning of matches
    Domination 50 score per kill
    Announcer volume levels
    Health regeneration
    Shellshock from friendly explosions
    Scorestreaks
    Shotgun tuning

Looks like a shotgun buff on the way and a slight nerf to combat shotgun

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7pqntk/shotties_wwii_expeditionary_force/

Guess I’ll keep walking around so!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

If you go to todays daily challenges, theres one to watch theatre content. Youll get a supply drop and 500 social score for free basically, takes less than a minute to do

In a new post on Reddit, Condrey has stated that SHG is planning to release a new weapon tuning update for Call of Duty: WWII on Thursday of this week.
    On deck this week are some weapon tuning changes to improve balance across all weapon classes. Small change can have big impacts, so we’re being very careful to test and measure internally before pushing live. We suspect an update by Thursday, and will share the specific changes then.

The team at SHG is also looking into score streak tuning this week, but there is no information on a possible release date for score streak updates.
    We’re also looking into score streak tuning this week. There’s great dialog and healthy debate in the studio about strength vs cost of our streaks. Do we buff the strengths? Do we lower the costs? Both? Similar to weapon balance above, small changes can have big impacts, so we want to be careful. Everyone loves earning streaks, but no one loves being in a match that’s getting streak spammed by the enemy team.

Condrey says that a new full-featured game update for Call of Duty: WWII, which will include new content, game features, bug fixes, and more improvements, is awaiting first party approvals and is set to release later this month. A confirmed date is not announced as of now.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/953327198399852544

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Sorry if this is the wrong place . Total COD novice here.

Me and my two mates online want to do a capture the flag where itsnus three Vs a team of 3 .

We can only seem to do it when it’s like 12 Vs 12.

How do we do this ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sorry if this is the wrong place . Total COD novice here.

Me and my two mates online want to do a capture the flag where itsnus three Vs a team of 3 .

We can only seem to do it when it’s like 12 Vs 12.

How do we do this ?

Thanks

There is a custom match option - try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

F1ngers wrote: »
    There is a custom match option - try that.
    is that only for friends? as in its a hosted private match?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

is that only for friends? as in its a hosted private match?

Never used it, but description says: "create a custom game and invite your friends or play with bots. No multiplayer progression. Just fun.".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

F1ngers wrote: »
    Never used it, but description says: "create a custom game and invite your friends or play with bots. No multiplayer progression. Just fun.".
    My bad I missed the bots bit......
    last time i used that mode it was only for friends

Michael Condrey on Reddit:
    As mentioned previously, there is a lot coming in the weeks ahead. In fact, all added together, it's the most ambitious update we'll have put out in a single month of post-launch Call of Duty. New content, new ways to play, updates, fixes, surprises, and more... all just around the corner. https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7phcxq/wwii_mp_january_preview/

Today, we're rolling out a weapon tuning update ahead of the weekend, and the start of CWL Proleague Stage 1 on Jan 23. Weapon balance is one of the most important live changes we do, and today's changes are intended to address some key balance issues. On the surface they are all small turns of the dial, yet we are excited to see how they address community feedback and internal design goals over the weekend. Tuned weapons today include the FG 42, Grease Gun, Kar98k, Lee Enfield, Combat Shotgun and the Sawed-Off Shotgun. Keep an eye out for an update on specific changes via SHG soon.

Also, as an update to yesterday's post, we are closing in on a tuning change to increase the health regen speed. I think we'll see those changes land early next week. But I reserve the right to be wrong on that date :)

In addition, we are talking about friendly shell shock and what changes, if any, we might want to make there. Active discussion, no conclusion yet. But we've heard your feedback and are chewing on it.

Finally, we loved seeing fan reaction to Winter Caratan over the Winter Siege event. It's a super iconic Call of Duty MP map tracing back to its roots in Call of Duty 2. For Call of Duty WWII, it's non-traditional flow brings a welcome pace change to the map rotation. Look for its return starting next week in all map playlists.

Happy Thursday, all. Feels like Christmas in January! - Condrey

I got to give it to Sledgehammer Games for listening to the community recently!

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Michael Condrey on Reddit:
    Quicker health regen would deffo help speed up the game and friendly shell shock is annoying so both good changes coming.

Hopefully weapon changes are only small ones. Slight buff to fg42 fire rate. More consistent 1 shot kills with shotguns up close although they will prob just change the range rather than the mechanics of the shotguns

Hopefully as he said earlier the fix for the spectating issue is rolled into this update as well

Not a bad couple of updates this week and next. Unfortunately no sprint out change though but I suppose can’t have everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I got to give it to Sledgehammer Games for listening to the community recently!

Too little too late, looks like we were beta testing this up until now! Rumour has it that Sledgehammer really were in the process of developing Advanced Warfare 2 but Activison made them change to a WWII game!

Advertisement