Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

All you Xboxers and PC players, Dlc1 The Resistance is available next Thursday March 1st. Interested to see what you boys think of them! I know on PS4 when they come up I vote for one of the 9 original maps. So no I don’t really like them

Same for me. The new war map is the worst as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Update incoming sniper nerfs ads and sprint out times adjustments incoming today

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/966835661151133696

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The quickscoping nerf is the real news here - Badly needed

This looks like a great update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

x43r0 wrote: »
    The quickscoping nerf is the real news here - Badly needed

Is it? Quick scoping takes far more skill than the likes of shotguns, ARs and SMGs. Buffing all of them while making snipers worse just leads to more try hards and games that are less fun. Very hard for a team of snipers to spawn trap whereas it's very easy with the other weapons.

Liam O wrote: »
    Is it? Quick scoping takes far more skill than the likes of shotguns, ARs and SMGs. Buffing all of them while making snipers worse just leads to more try hards and games that are less fun. Very hard for a team of snipers to spawn trap whereas it's very easy with the other weapons.

Screw the Quickscopers, they need to make it like Black Ops3. That is not how the sniper riifles are supposed to be used. And btw this update didn’t go far enough as quickscoping is still happening. They will have to do more changes to the mechanics.

How much is that dlc? 20 quid? For what 3 mp and 1 zombie map?
    I picked up Battlefield premium for 12.50

Easy decision.

€15 plus you also get the War map.

Screw the Quickscopers, they need to make it like Black Ops3. That is not how the sniper riifles are supposed to be used. And btw this update didn’t go far enough as quickscoping is still happening. They will have to do more changes to the mechanics.

Hahaha. You think in a game with small maps in which you die in 2 or 3 bullets from an SMG and an AR and one from a shotgun that the people who can aim and shoot a free aim gun in a faster time than someone can kill them with one of those weapons is at some sort of disadvantage?

If they were using ARs and SMGs they would have more kills because they are easier weapons to use. People don't like things that kill them that they can't do I guess. This is coming from someone who isn't even good at it. It's just the most fun way to play imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Liam O wrote: »

No arguments on the skill factor. It definitely take a lot of practice to do it consistently well

My problem is that it's essentially taking advantage of a glitch in the game mechanics. A sniper shouldn't be able to fire until the gun is fully scoped in IMO. Let alone as the the gun is half-way pulled up.

I know CoD has always been more arcade shooter than hyper-realistic sim but the fact that quickscoping is still even a thing is a bit of a pisstake

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    No arguments on the skill factor. It definitely take a lot of practice to do it consistently well

My problem is that it's essentially taking advantage of a glitch in the game mechanics. A sniper shouldn't be able to fire until the gun is fully scoped in IMO. Let alone as the the gun is half-way pulled up.

I know CoD has always been more arcade shooter than hyper-realistic sim but the fact that quickscoping is still even a thing is a bit of a pisstake

It's been a thing since the very start. It is the game for a lot of people. No scoping doesn't really work how it should if you follow the way the other guns work. Should they get rid of the ability to hip fire all guns accurately so? Quick scoping the gun is fully scoped in, just not for long. They could just use a shotgun instead and it'd be a lot easier from close in so I really don't see the problem.

Ultimately, it's like getting beaten 4-0 in FIFA and saying 'oh if he wasn't doing all those skill moves that you can't do in real life I'd have won'. Realistically he'd probably have beaten you 7 or 8 nil if he'd been playing intensely the whole time.

Is there some new exploit in war? 2 games in a row guys either afk or in one game on griffin a guy ran all the way to the back and just sat there for entire game

heroics wrote: »
    Is there some new exploit in war? 2 games in a row guys either afk or in one game on griffin a guy ran all the way to the back and just sat there for entire game

They must be afk tie a rubber band around the controller to keep it moving don’t get kicked and earn points like on gun game? Do you get much points for loosing or getting no kills in War?

They must be afk tie a rubber band around the controller to keep it moving don’t get kicked and earn points like on gun game? Do you get much points for loosing or getting no kills in War?

It’s weird in the first game the guy was actively running as far away as possible and lying down. Next 2 games they were just afk. Nothing fancy like rubber band literally just standing there. Don’t think you get much for losing and not killing building destroying etc. I just found it weird tonight as I haven’t really seen it before and then 3 games in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

heroics wrote: »
    It’s weird in the first game the guy was actively running as far away as possible and lying down. Next 2 games they were just afk. Nothing fancy like rubber band literally just standing there. Don’t think you get much for losing and not killing building destroying etc. I just found it weird tonight as I haven’t really seen it before and then 3 games in a row

It counts as a completed game for a contract though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lads not sure if many of you play hardcore mode but there is a hardcore ricochet double xp playlist live at the moment they will then have a twitter poll tomorrow for players to keep ricochet mode in hardcore which is what I certainly prefer because if you earn a fire bombing run and idiot teammates decide to walk through it and die you are going to get kicked which isn’t fair or some idiot.teammate accidentally nades you and you are one off your killstreak. So I’ll be voting to keep it

Here is the twitter poll as discussed in last post please vote for ricochet as you might not play hardcore modes but if you are trying to get easy headshots for gold and diamond weapon camos hardcore hardcore is the best mode for it.
    https://twitter.com/shgames/status/973244897187659777?s=21

So new event tomorrow just in time for Saint Patrick’s day Operation Shamrock and Awe also some new ranges weapons and more ways to earn weapons less duplicates weapon charms and Armory drops read up on it here patch incoming tomorrow when the event goes live
    https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/973333220489072642?s=21

• Advertisement

So it's true, Shipment 1944 is the map for the Shamrock and Awe event.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/973601807485325312

Patch is 3.52Gb in size

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

the volkswagen was nerfed but still beastly...

the volkswagen was nerfed but still beastly...

Volkswagen lol :P

So I think this is a fantastic update the addition of the HQ tab means you don’t have to leave the lobby and go back to the Headquarters to get new orders you can also visit the quartermaster etc.
    I blew all my saved up all my armory credits to get two new weapons M-38 SMG something slightly off about this even in hardcore I was getting hit markers haven’t tried the MG-81 LMG yet.
    Nice to see new camos for weapons and the weapon charms. Nice bonus to have Shipment 1944 and Leprechaun hunt mosh pit :D
    At least the new guy in charge is changing things up and trying his best to make it fun for players!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,770 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Is there a new war map coming anytime soon to those that haven't bought the pack?

So I think this is a fantastic update the addition of the HQ tab means you don’t have to leave the lobby and go back to the Headquarters to get new orders you can also visit the quartermaster etc.
    I blew all my saved up all my armory credits to get two new weapons M-38 SMG something slightly off about this even in hardcore I was getting hit markers haven’t tried the MG-81 LMG yet.
    Nice to see new camos for weapons and the weapon charms. Nice bonus to have Shipment 1944 and Leprechaun hunt mosh pit :D
    At least the new guy in charge is changing things up and trying his best to make it fun for players!

Agree with all of this. HQ tab is a great addition. much quicker to get orders etc. Played last night and never went into HQ.

I was the same with the new weapons. bought them from credits in the collection. The SMG is a hitmarker machine. In fairness was trying it on shipment :) but was beaten by just about every other weapon.

Volks is still brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

How do you get the shamrock camo, supply drop only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Haven't loaded this game up since Winter Siege ended........any sign of the Gun Game mode since?

Was a great mode for a short burst of play, no idea why they didn't make it permanent.

Advertisement