Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,212 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh the temptation to get it through the Hong Kong method... But no! I disagree with betas, so no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Oh the temptation to get it through the Hong Kong method... But no! I disagree with betas, so no!

Open Beta next weekend aparantly if you want to have a go

Open Beta next weekend aparantly if you want to have a go

Ah don't be tempting me!!! You know how long it would take to download on 4G!!

Ah don't be tempting me!!! You know how long it would take to download on 4G!!

Oh God no! the beta would have finished by the time you downloaded 16Gb on 4G
    Although have to say having played it since Thursday I have really enjoyed it, had my best night tonight on it, one or two op weapons like the incendiary rounds in the double barrel shotgun and there is a bit to much quick scoping but hey they can fix and change that before the release. The maps have grown on me, as it's a slower game there is a bit more camping but that's to be expected.
    Looking forward to next weekend they will up the level to 40 and hopefully a new map and game mode.

Preordered on Amazon. Beta codes getting sent out today. Just got mine there.

Enjoy I think it was pretty good last weekend and looking forward to this weekend.

they have tweaked a lot since last weekend
    New map Aachen
    CTF added
    New sniper and AR M1A1 Carbine
    TDM level increased from 75 to 100
    Max level gone up to 40
    New scorestreaks including the Flamethrower
    Molotov cocktail reduced to 1 from 2
    Beta might make an appearance this evening check around 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

My problems with the first weekend beta were the following:

- Sprint out to ADS time was very slow
    - Inconsistent TTK
    - I'm not a fan of the character callouts
    - Gun sounds are very meh especially ones like the PPSh

But other than that, excellent. I love it. Love the maps. Love the streaks though some of them are underpowered. Love the guns despite the gun sounds.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    My problems with the first weekend beta were the following:

- Sprint out to ADS time was very slow
    - Inconsistent TTK
    - I'm not a fan of the character callouts
    - Gun sounds are very meh especially ones like the PPSh

But other than that, excellent. I love it. Love the maps. Love the streaks though some of them are underpowered. Love the guns despite the gun sounds.

I think all of your points are valid and have been highlighted to the developers some lobbies were fine and others I seemed to get instamelted while all I got was hit markers! I hope they address that although it is only a beta and they constantly tweaked it I felt by Sunday I was getting better games and decent scores.
    Also they mentioned that they are will be new soldier outfits this weekend, so that might help identifying enemy's in games.

Beta is LIVE now! Both Xbox One and PS4 enjoy lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I've been playing it all day. Its very enjoyable. Good to see COD with boots on the ground again.

I rage quit last night that new map is badly designed crap. The constant hitmarkers yet I'm getting insta-killed.
    They need better maps and better hit detection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

When is the beta over? I'm unavailable to download until Monday :(

I rage quit last night that new map is badly designed crap. The constant hitmarkers yet I'm getting insta-killed.
    They need better maps and better hit detection.

Another one of you complaining about the maps - I love them all so far. No disappointment from them. They suit me and my play style which is SMGs.

Another one of you complaining about the maps - I love them all so far. No disappointment from them. They suit me and my play style which is SMGs.

It seems like everyone is using an SMG lol. I can see some balancing will probably be needed.

It seems like everyone is using an SMG lol. I can see some balancing will probably be needed.

Whilst balancing will be needed, I don't care because I am an SMG player after all anyway.

No way I don't mind the 3 maps from last weeks beta but the new map is just head glitch sniper city. Also is it to much to ask for a couple of 3 lane maps? I'm surprised as Sledgehammer did a fantastic job with map design on Advanced Warfare.
    Also hit detection is ass!
    Incendiary round shotguns need to go.
    The pick 10 class design is a lot better then this divisions basic training stuff.
    Sledgehammer really have some serious work to do between now and November 3rd to get this fine tuned.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    When is the beta over? I'm unavailable to download until Monday :(

Monday evening at 6pm our time.

No way I don't mind the 3 maps from last weeks beta but the new map is just head glitch sniper city. Also is it to much to ask for a couple of 3 lane maps? I'm surprised as Sledgehammer did a fantastic job with map design on Advanced Warfare.
    The pick 10 class design is a lot better then this divisions basic training stuff.
    Sledgehammer really have some serious work to do between now and November 3rd to get this fine tuned.
    Which map is this? I am on Xbox so I only started the beta yesterday.

Which map is this? I am on Xbox so I only started the beta yesterday.

Aachen.

I'm used to terrible hit detection from Treyarch's COD games - though that bad hit detection was also mixed in with the best TTK imo so didn't feel as bad.

As the TTK is inconsistent here in WW2 mixed with bad hit detection, it's not a good mix.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Divisions but props to them for trying to make something different.

For some reason, I rarely die from head glitchers. As I said, none of the maps have disappointed me especially Ardennes Forest.

As long as the Brecci is still a thing in BO3, I will not complain about the incendiary shotguns.

Well people were complaining about the frequency of three lane maps.

COD "fans" all over the YouTube comments bandwagoning hate on WW2 saying it's rubbish, maps are the worst they've ever seen (way too small is one of their complaints I might add :mad:), get rid of scorestreaks and put in killstreaks, the colours that will amuse a 4 year old make it not look like a war game, plays like a 2010 game etc.

Ay ay ay ay, this is why sometimes I wonder why I am even part of the COD community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is it an open beta?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is it an open beta?

No, private.

COD "fans" all over the YouTube comments bandwagoning hate on WW2 saying it's rubbish, maps are the worst they've ever seen (way too small is one of their complaints I might add :mad:), get rid of scorestreaks and put in killstreaks, the colours that will amuse a 4 year old make it not look like a war game, plays like a 2010 game etc.

Ay ay ay ay, this is why sometimes I wonder why I am even part of the COD community.

I agree that Cod fans are a fickle bunch but it's not enough to have boots on the ground we need a playable game.
    It's a beta we have every right to criticise issue we have with the base mechanics, map design weapons hit detection , over powered weapons etc. That's why they have betas.

I agree that Cod fans are a fickle bunch but it's not enough to have boots on the ground we need a playable game.
    It's a beta we have every right to criticise issue we have with the base mechanics, map design weapons hit detection , over powered weapons etc. That's why they have betas.

But it is a playable game.

Treyarch games have terrible hit detection. IW games are infested with overpowered weapons - like the M16A4 exists... easily the most overpowered weapon in COD.

You saw my problems I've had with the beta - that are new to this game unlike some of the things you've mentioned there which is in literally every COD game. Well not exactly every one of them but a lot.

I never played AW so I can't comment on the map design of that game but from gameplays, I can see that Instinct was a terrible map? It's the only one that comes to mind.

As for betas, of course. Just look at previous COD betas with SMGs, they tended to be the most overpowered - remember the PDW-57 in BO2 or the Razorback in BO3?

I was not primarily thinking of WW2's hate comments when I wrote that post also, I was primarily thinking of IW's hate comments.

Based upon fan feedback from the WWII Beta, Sledgehammer Games has announced they have made adjustments to the Hitmarker feedback for launch and are also working on flinch adjustments. Alongside this, there are many new control options will be coming to the game at launch:

Bumper Jumper
    Bumper Jumper Tactical
    Stick and Move
    Charlie
    One-Hand Gunslinger
    Scout
    N0M4D L3F7Y
    Brawler
    Beast

All of the items listed above are coming for the game’s launch in November. For the beta, on Saturday, SHG will be rolling out updates to MP Beta with adjustments to ADS timing out of sprint based upon feedback.

Condrey also shared that all of the different maps in the final game will cater to different types of play styles and divisions. He shared few details on some new maps, which aren’t available in the beta.

It is important to us that throughout the maps coming at launch, players will experience iconic battle locations and face a variety of layouts to master. Flak Tower, which we showed at the Gamescom Competitive Exhibition is also very different from the Gustav Cannon, which we showed in the MP Reveal Trailer. So, get some time in on all five of the iconic Divisions in the MP Beta this weekend, you’ll want to have each ready to join the fight in November.

http://charlieintel.com/2017/09/01/shg-provides-updates-on-wwii-beta-feedback-after-start-of-weekend-2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

RT23V-WXQFH-9YP33-74FR9-J7Q7Z,
    GQXGC-T7M9Y-6PJQR-FFJYG-CR7FZ

I go two but am unsure which code my mate used he thinks its the first one.

Whoever uses it just post here so people are aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Find the ttk very annoying and the hit detection useless.

Connection is bogey enough -if ya look at some kill cams where ttk and hit detection should be in your favour you can see what actually happens is not the same as what u see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

How was the beta gameplay on the PC?

Have to admit the videos look good.Another positive is there's no mention of a remastered version of an older CoD...you just knew youi were being sold a turd when they offered MWR with the last outing.

For me this is Activisions/CoD last chance, it has steadily gone to hell since sh1t ops 2.

How was the beta gameplay on the PC?

Have to admit the videos look good.Another positive is there's no mention of a remastered version of an older CoD...you just knew youi were being sold a turd when they offered MWR with the last outing.

For me this is Activisions/CoD last chance, it has steadily gone to hell since sh1t ops 2.

There as of yet, not been a PC beta. I think they did this on purpose to stop people hacking into the code and publishing weapons maps scorestreaks etc

• Advertisement

I thought IW was brilliant, still play it. It feels like a MW CoD with the future stuff, heavy, weighted. An extremely well made game, imo.

But, it is now suffering from too many people being able to literally fly around the map. It'll be good to get it back to boots on the ground.

Advertisement