Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Are you getting sick and tired of developers lying to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

There was a lot of quick scoping going on in the beta. Will that be sorted before launch? Quick scoping is hardly an accurate representation of ww2....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,212 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Are you getting sick and tired of developers lying to us?

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

There was a lot of quick scoping going on in the beta. Will that be sorted before launch? Quick scoping is hardly an accurate representation of ww2....
    I highly doubt it. Treyarch is the only COD studio that make an effort to reduce it. A load of the COD playerbase are into that quick scoping ****e unfortunately.

Rumours around that this is the last ww2 cod.... Next year is a return to Treyarchs version of modern warfare.... Soap and Captain price etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Weren't they IW characters?
    COD4 MW, MW2 and MW3?
    Haven't played COD in a while

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Weren't they IW characters?
    COD4 MW, MW2 and MW3?
    Haven't played COD in a while

Cod 4 if memory serves me... Great game. As long as they stay away from walking across walls in space I'd be somewhat interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Treyarch are seen as the best Cod developer studio next year's game looks like it will be their take on Modern shooter as they have advertised for a developer who has knowledge of current weapons
    https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/906557025794052096

Eh?

Headquarters was supposed to be part of the WW2 beta. Supply drops are supposed to be cosmetic only - been ongoing since AW. Those are just two examples.

If it's a "change" then why be silent about it? All it creates is a bad example for your community in that you're considered lying without telling us that you're going to make that change.

Betas i couldn't care about, as they're betas and not finished games. I can't remember them saying supply drops were cosmetic only, specifically for IW. Not sure what you're talking about in the second sentence...

• Advertisement

I do understand that betas help the final product testing but it does take away some of the excitement from the release of the final product.
    As for them lying yes they should have clean about headquarters and also the level cap for the beta was supposed to be 40 they should have come out and said look Headquarters isn't ready so we are holding it back and we have also held the level to 35 so we can keep some surprises for release day with regards to weapons and score streaks.

EB Games Australia has removed this image showing Carentan (the fan favourite map from Call of Duty and COD 2 which was also reimagined as Chinatown in COD 4 MW and MWR) as the pre-order bonus map from their website.

hKOGRZo.jpg

sryanbruen wrote: »
    EB Games Australia has removed this image showing Carentan (the fan favourite map from Call of Duty 2 and 3 which was also reimagined as Chinatown in COD 4 MW and MWR) as the pre-order bonus map from their website.

hKOGRZo.jpg

Half of it appeared in the inception styled Infection Map.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

PC open beta just went live it looks like.

Spear wrote: »

Yep.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/913452095965220865

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spear wrote: »

Its not great.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I dunno what to think of it. The beta maps are a bit crap.

• Advertisement

And there's words of widespread hacking already in the PC version...

And there's words of widespread hacking already in the PC version...

Yep as it’s basically the Advanced Warfare engine so the hackers applied the same hacks on this and it worked I’ve seen videos with Aimbots working on it! And they wonder why they don’t focus the market on PC who can blame them with all the hackers on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Yep as it’s basically the Advanced Warfare engine so the hackers applied the same hacks on this and it worked I’ve seen videos with Aimbots working on it! And they wonder why they don’t focus the market on PC who can blame them with all the hackers on PC.

Came across a two hackers in the last game before the beta closed last night.

Besides from that, I'm not really sure what I thought of the game. There is way too many head glitches in most of the maps, especially in Aachen, although there does seem to be ways to flank almost every position so that might help counter act campers.

Aachen doesn't work as a Domination map. The B flag is completely protected by a wall from one side of the map and open on the other side.

Regardless of the maps, it seems that spawn trapping is back again. Played a few matches where it was possible to spawn trap and the time before the spawns flipped took way too long. If there was any type of cooperation there, a full Terminal type spawn trap probably would have been possible on all three maps.

All the guns seemed totally useless without attachments. Usually attachments make the guns better but most guns are usable without them but I didn't find that at all. I also felt that in some cases it took ages to kill someone and by the time I did, the magazine was empty meaning I could only ever take on one person at a time. It's possible that came from connection problems on my end but I'm not convinced.

Saying all that, I did enjoy some matches. It took a while to get used to the new style and game play but once I did I was able to get into it and have a good few games where I was able to put a few streaks together.

Honestly, I can get over most of the problems outlined above since most of them could be fixed before the release but the thought of having to put up with hackers from day one is seriously putting me off getting the game. I expect hackers after a few months but to have them in the beta is a complete joke.

I was actually debating about getting this game early for once so I wouldn't have to deal with that crap but now I guess I will wait til the price comes down because there is essentially no reward for being an early adopter if hackers are going to be there from day one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy?
    Normally Tesco, SuperValu and Argos are cheaper than high street stores but no details on this coming release

Amazon have it for £49.99 - however will it be delivered to Ireland on release day?

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy?
    Normally Tesco, SuperValu and Argos are cheaper than high street stores but no details on this coming release

Amazon have it for £49.99 - however will it be delivered to Ireland on release day?

Going by FIFA18 on release day it was €50 in SuperValu limited stock it will be the cheapest bricks and Mortor price for the base game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Any body here getting this ?

CptMackey wrote: »

Pre-ordered it last week in Smyth's. To be honest I'm actually kinda looking forward more to the campaign than the multi player but no doubt I'll get stuck into both. I love the ww2 genre so I'm hoping this doesn't disappoint. A little worried about hackers ruining the game alright but we will see how that works out I suppose

CptMackey wrote: »

Yep Digital Deluxe version on PS4 have Friday booked off work, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Does anybody know, if you order it on Xbox One now, do you get immediate beta access, or do you have to wait until November 3rd? I know there is no beta for PC at the moment, but unsure of XB1.

• Advertisement

Does anybody know, if you order it on Xbox One now, do you get immediate beta access, or do you have to wait until November 3rd? I know there is no beta for PC at the moment, but unsure of XB1.

What do you mean "beta" access? As in just playing it shortly earlier or beta testing?

Advertisement