Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land/Farm Permission

Options
  • 13-01-2017 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I haven't really been able to get a straight answer out of anybody so maybe somebody here may know.
    With regards to seeking Permission to shoot on a farm/land, a)is there a minimum size of the farm/land and b)is there any restriction your family members owning said land i.e. my father owns a small plot of land himself so could he give me the required permission?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

JF3466 wrote: »
    a)is there a minimum size of the farm/land
    No.

The standard amount is two permissions, but no minimum acreage.
    b)is there any restriction your family members owning said land i.e.
    Nope, none.
    my father owns a small plot of land himself so could he give me the required permission?
    Yes.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

Cass wrote:
    The standard amount is two permissions, but no minimum acreage.

Well I was in the gards trying to apply for my .22 licence and they said ye had to have permission on more than 30 or 40 acres I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Not sure it's written in stone but over the years in my experience 2-3 permissions totaling at last 40-50 acres if not a landowner yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Not sure if it is help but 30 odd years ago when I went for my first license I had to get permission from a farmer or farmers an aggregate of 40 acres minimum.

JF3466 wrote:
    I haven't really been able to get a straight answer out of anybody so maybe somebody here may know. With regards to seeking Permission to shoot on a farm/land, a)is there a minimum size of the farm/land and b)is there any restriction your family members owning said land i.e. my father owns a small plot of land himself so could he give me the required permission?

No restrictions on who has the land

• Advertisement

JF3466 wrote:
    I haven't really been able to get a straight answer out of anybody so maybe somebody here may know. With regards to seeking Permission to shoot on a farm/land, a)is there a minimum size of the farm/land and b)is there any restriction your family members owning said land i.e. my father owns a small plot of land himself so could he give me the required permission?

No restrictions on who has the land

Well I was in the gards trying to apply for my .22 licence and they said ye had to have permission on more than 30 or 40 acres I think!
    There is no legal minimum amount of land. Even for deer stalking the 100 acre limit the NPWS states has no basis in law and if you were off the mind you could fight it and win.

However for a peaceful life most people make sure to have the 100 acres. Same with general hunting permission. Most people will make sure to get a few permissions that are large enough to warrant the shooting. IOW not two permissions of an acre each.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

Cass wrote:
    There is no legal minimum amount of land. Even for deer stalking the 100 acre limit the NPWS states has no basis in law and if you were off the mind you could fight it and win.

Cass wrote:
    However for a peaceful life most people make sure to have the 100 acres. Same with general hunting permission. Most people will make sure to get a few permissions that are large enough to warrant the shooting. IOW not two permissions of an acre each.

Yeah I know but better to try have the gards on the hunters side from the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

Cass wrote:

Got a new FCA1 form the other day, Where there used to be space for 2 permission details there is now only 1 for some reason.

Just give in a letter with an additional permissions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement