Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupational therapy 2017 tcd

Options
  • 13-01-2017 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone
    I'm a mature student and I'm really interested in doing OT in Trinity .
    I have completed health and social care hnd in inchicore. Is this relevant in getting on the course ? Is there another course that would be better suited to get a place .
    Thanks guys any advice would be much appreciated I find the whole college thing confusing ðŸ˜ðŸ˜¬ðŸ˜‚

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scorcher92

Hi!
    I know it's a bit late but in answer to your question, yes that Inchicore course is a great one to have for going into OT. I attended the TCD OT course briefly and one of the mature students in my class had done that exact course and then worked a few years.
    After dropping out (due to health & other issues), I tried to find the most relevant shorter courses to work my way back up. After doing a Fetac 5, I found that the social care level 6 was the most relevant course to OT beyond fetac 5 level. In fact, it counts as an entry requirement in UK universities. I did that HND in Inchicore and found the content very relevant to the OT course content and your placements would likely have relevance too. I intend to use it to get into an OT degree again but not in TCD.
    I have lots of info if you want more but I've to go now. I'm rather unwell and using screens is difficult but if you're not yet in an OT degree and have more Qs I'll try and get back to you some time. And I've recently found out, over 6 years later (I've only just been diagnosed now), that this nasty illness of mine may have come from sitting on the grass at James's when I started OT in TCD, from a tick or possible other blood sucking, biting, tiny thing!

Advertisement