Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating

Options
  • 14-01-2017 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey Guys, Im currently a 20yr second year in a college in Trinity. However I've really become disillusioned with the course. I thought in time I would come to enjoy it but I just don't, do you think it would be possible to repeat 2017 leaving cert this far down the road?
    I understand the work i'd have to do and am more than prepared to do it, is aiming for around 540 too high as this is my dream course points? I got 500 the first time round so maybe I have a chance. Or should I just stick my course out as I'd be 21 in first year?Any advice would be very much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

A lot of those questions can only be answered by yourself.

When it comes to timeframe, I would think it's too late. To condense a 2 year course into 5 months will be very very tough. Remember, some things could have changed and you'll be working without direction of teachers I presume.

I wouldn't let being 21 in first year put you off. That's only a few years older than most and plenty younger than some first year students.

Are you sure you want to do the other course? Fees should be considered too before you decide. it's a lot to consider in a short space of time.

Would it be possible to do a similar course somewhere else for less points? I knew a guy who transferred from 3rd year in DKIT to 2nd year Engineering in TCD. Had to do an extra year but they gave him credit for the study he'd already done.

It's a brave decision to re-do the LC, so best of luck if you do.

Advertisement