Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW21 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He's benefiting from Hazard playing centrally definitely unlucky not to have the hat trick there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

ShaneU wrote: »
    Alonso nearly scored again :D

Lovely strike, deserved to go in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

As an Alonso owner i could never have imagined this, just after logging on since before the match...wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Away all day, just checking. Alonso you great man. On 73 with potential bonuses to 81.

Whoop whoop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SlickRic wrote: »
    Alonso is just proof that you shouldn't read too much into every report you see. I over thought it, and got burned.

In fairness a Snapchat of him on a physio table with a few sad and angry emoij from Alonso himself was a bit more than a media report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

dahat wrote: »
    In fairness a Snapchat of him on a physio table with a few sad and angry emoij from Alonso himself was a bit more than a media report.

He played then against spurs after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jamesbere wrote: »
    Away all day, just checking. Alonso you great man. On 73 with potential bonuses to 81.

Whoop whoop

The clean sheet jinxing begins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dahat wrote: »

I agree. But after Friday, and Conte saying nothing, we probably should've assumed he'd play.

I don't mind getting burned. It's the nature of FPL. I just hate it when you seem to get horrendously punished for a call like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Not really. 11 times in previous 14 he got 6 or more points. Wasn't as if he wasn't returning points.
    Injury fear was an ongoing thing that was being managed

Not quite accurate. Re. the injury the extent wasn't known with rumblings that it was a persistent problem along with Aké recalled. Add in that quite alot were on wildcard and Chelsea, on the back of conceding twice in both their previous league games, had some tricky upcoming fixtures. So not at all an unreasonable move to make i don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Got rid of Alonso to facilitate getting in Giroud, didnt have a bad week so far but keeping him would have made it a great week. Chambers CS as his replacement is something at least

Exactly the same :mad::mad::mad::mad: :(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Pedro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think for people that wildcarded last week or this, the decision to keep him wasn't that straightforward. Rose/Walker/Baines/Bellerin all looked like good options with good fixtures. And when you throw in the injury doubts and tricky fixtures they had coming up, I can see why many including myself got rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Get in Pedro :D

spock. wrote: »
    Pedro

Fúck sake!!!!!

Willian assist.

• Advertisement

Awww Alonso, why u not score

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This is brilliant!!! Apparently a lot of people ditched him this week which makes it even better. Go on son!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod: So I highlighted your comment last gw and asked not to post like that again. You'll get a ban next time and I'll be keeping an eye on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Mod: So I highlighted your comment last gw and asked not to post like that again. You'll get a ban next time and I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Sorry I must have missed that!! :( My bad bro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ahh yes Pedro!!

manual_man wrote: »
    Not quite accurate. Re. the injury the extent wasn't known with rumblings that it was a persistent problem along with Aké recalled. Add in that quite alot were on wildcard and Chelsea, on the back of conceding twice in both their previous league games, had some tricky upcoming fixtures. So not at all an unreasonable move to make i don't think.

There were reports he's been carrying an injury for quite some time. Not that he had just been injured, if he's had it for some time it's unlikely he'd be dropped all of a sudden. Having seen a lot of his matches I'm not surprised at a big score from him, it's been coming.
    Alonso plays hull next week. So I don't really see it as being harsh for people who sold an inform player because he had one poor return (spurs) and there was gossip of a niggley injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    I wouldn't say completely unreasonable either. In that the only 'must have' player in the game is probably Sanchez. But those who transferred him out knew he would almost certainly start today, and what his recent performances had shown him capable of. How much can one really complain in that situation?

I'd understand the feeling of frustration with the game (rather than frustration with ones self) a bit more if it was something like the Costa situation where it really looked like someone would play and they go get that score, or if a player had been putting together woeful performances, and then all of a sudden turns into Messi the week they're transferred out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

When I had Pedro , Hazard got all the points

When I had Hazard, Pedro gets all the points.

Can't win

Pedro. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

spock. wrote: »
    Pedro

Lovely stuff.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    When I had Pedro , Hazard got all the points

When I had Hazard, Pedro gets all the points.

Can't win

They're both going to score points over the season. Like the Firmino/Coutinho/Mané/Lallana conundrum at Liverpool early in the season, you've got to choose one and stick or you will probably suffer.

They're both going to score points over the season. Like the Firmino/Coutinho/Mané/Lallana conundrum at Liverpool early in the season, you've got to choose one and stick or you will probably suffer.

Problem is the value differential is much more pronounced in the hazard/Pedro case

There were reports he's been carrying an injury for quite some time. Not that he had just been injured, if he's had it for some time it's unlikely he'd be dropped all of a sudden. Having seen a lot of his matches I'm not surprised at a big score from him, it's been coming.
    Alonso plays hull next week. So I don't really see it as being harsh for people who sold an inform player because he had one poor return (spurs) and there was gossip of a niggley injury.

No one is disputing a goal was coming. No one. That's not the point. He's carrying an injury, and Ake was recalled. He posted pictures of himself of an injury table. There was a lot of talk of a rest or rotation at a time when lots of other players are doubts.

Whould I like to have kept him? Absolutely. But I am sick of doubtful players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Haz off, fab on.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Problem is the value differential is much more pronounced in the hazard/Pedro case

I agree.

Purely from a 'switch back and forth' tactic, in itself, it usually ends in tears.

I've said it before but I think Pedro is a much better finisher than hazard. I'd back Pedro to match hazards score the thing that keeps hazard in it is the fact he is on pens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

If things stay as they are it's looking like 103 pts
    With Phil Jones to play.
    I very nearly triple captained Kane
    You could of been looking at the manager of the week if I had!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Willian/Pedro off, Batman & Ruben on.

I've said it before but I think Pedro is a much better finisher than hazard. I'd back Pedro to match hazards score the thing that keeps hazard in it is the fact he is on pens.

Agree with both comments.

Have owned Pedro & Hazard at different stages of the season.

Problem is with Pedro is his gametime, it's nowhere near guaranteed - I'd have him over Haz all day long if he was getting 90 mins each game.

Said it before but Hazard IMO is overpriced for what you get in points returns.

The Costa situation will help Pedro but Willian seems more nailed on and favoured by Conte. Keeping an eye on it!

No one is disputing a goal was coming. No one. That's not the point. He's carrying an injury, and Ake was recalled. He posted pictures of himself of an injury table. There was a lot of talk of a rest or rotation at a time when lots of other players are doubts.

I think people are confusing the time line of events. That snapchat was posted before the spurs game. He was doubtful for that. He then played.
    I'd be annoyed too if I sold him but I don't think it's harsh on anyone who did.
    I went with giroud over Kane today as costa's replacement. Goes off injured after 59 minutes. Coulda easily got another 1 or 2 in that 30 minutes like Kane did in the closing minutes.
    I don't feel that was harsh on me though. I made a decision that didn't quite go for me. Just like anyone who sold alonso.

Willian/Pedro off, Batman & Ruben on.

Pedro has his cleanie, a Leicester goal wouldn't go a miss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Looking like 74 with ..... Aguero & Ibra to play. That is insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane (c) hatrick
    Goals from Sanchez and Defoe. Assist and cs points for Alli and 2 CS from Chambers and Mee.

... Slightly disappointed to only score 65.

Only Lallana and Ibra to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I think people are confusing the time line of events. That snapchat was posted before the spurs game. He was doubtful for that. He then played.
    I'd be annoyed too if I sold him but I don't think it's harsh on anyone who did.
    I went with giroud over Kane today as costa's replacement. Goes off injured after 59 minutes. Coulda easily got another 1 or 2 in that 30 minutes like Kane did in the closing minutes.
    I don't feel that was harsh on me though. I made a decision that didn't quite go for me. Just like anyone who sold alonso.

This. Especially since it's a marathon and not a sprint. Sure, Alonso and Kane had a great GW but who is to say what the next couple of weeks will bring compared to whoever they brought in instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

If BPs hold I have one hundred points :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Should have TC'd Kane, had San(C)hez instead. Still, 69 so far, two to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yes I sold Alonso BUT I have 87 after bonus potentially with Ibra 9 of my 10 players scored at least 5 points
    Happy enough with that

:p

He has started every single game though, since he got into the team after the Arsenal debacle.

Transfers out were definitely premature. There were no indications he wouldn't start this week. All that came out was that he'd been carrying an injury all season. But he played 90 minutes in all those games bar one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

80 after BPS with Jones Yaya Lallana and Ibra to go. Happy as a pig in sh!t

Benimar wrote: »
    If BPs hold I have one hundred points :)
    I need a 3 point score from Phil Jones to achieve the same. That BP lost by Snodgrass is feeling all the more bittersweet with that in mind :D

First world problems.

77(no hits) ibra and lallana left. Chelsea game changed the entire GW for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

77 with Ibra to go.

Didn't have Alonso or Kane so I'll take that.

72 (-4) with lovren, Lallana & ibra to play if BPS hold.
    Happy with that given I didn't have Kane in the early kick off.

88 with Ibra to play.

And people were saying this was going to be a low scoring week.

If Chambers and Luiz hold their BPs I'll be 64 with Aguero left.

I need him to outscore Ibra to probably tread water.

My wildcard was great bar getting rid of Alonso, which screwed it all a bit!

• Advertisement
Advertisement