Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW21 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No Kane or Alonso but managed a 74 which I'm delighted about!

Zlatan & Lallana to go.

Most consistent week I've ever had from each player, from 9 players Giroud got me 5 which was my lowest.

A United slaughtering of Liverpool would top off the weekend nicely :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

49 with Zlatan , Aguero ,Baines and Lallana left.

Not expecting much but a brace from Aguero would be more than welcome, likely to sell if he doesn't start or deliver as Spurs up next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

And people were saying this was going to be a low scoring week.

Whenever someone says they expect a low scoring week we're guaranteed a high scoring one haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My reasons for getting rid of Alonso were that it would allow me upgrade my defence to include Rose and Baines. Long-term this is a smarter strategy rather than rely on one premium defender for returns but man does it hurt to see him score twice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Think the last time I had a defender score a brace and get a CS was a memorable day a few years back when ShawX did it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Expected a terrible showing from my defence this week with 3 out of 4 playing away..... 29 points with Jones to play :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

74 (-4) with Lallana and Aguero to play.

Aside from Kane exploding and PVA reminding me it's January and not April I can't grumble.

Oh except for Benteke. I hope I'll be able to turn him into Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Looks like 81 when BPs are added with Pogba to play and projected overall ranking of 9400. 2nd good wildcard of the season. Defence could have been better though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

No Kane or Alonso but managed a 74 which I'm delighted about!

That's cos you put the TC on yourself :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fair play on the big scores lads....having a shocker of a season...gigantic red arrows incoming yet again this week :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

63 (-4) with Zlatan and Lallana to play. Not bad considering I don't have Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

After a few good weeks, total disaster today, looks like 44pts:( need Aguero and Captain Ibra go goal crazy tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

78 with KDB, Lukaku and possibly Jones to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

103 pts
    With Phil Jones to play.
    Over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

84 with baines and IBRA to go. Delighted with that as my wildcard team wasn't overly focused on today. Hoping to BB next gw so hopefully no injuries as I've 15 players with good fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

So 62 is a bad score. Hmmm.

Damn you Harry Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

84 with baines and IBRA to go. Delighted with that as my wildcard team wasn't overly focused on today. Hoping to BB next gw so hopefully no injuries as I've 15 players with good fixtures.

Wow we have some battle on so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

66 with Ibra (vc), Lallana and Jones to go. Only one blank in Phillips on my team. Happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Should be 67 with Baines, Ibra and Lukaku to go.
    Getting Lukaku instead of Kane wasn't the brightest idea in hindsight, especially given Spurs' form but you can't get it all right. Overall I'd consider it a successful wildcard regardless of what happens tomorrow (unless pool go absolutely wild....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

66 with Ibra (vc), Lallana and Jones to go. Only one blank in Phillips on my team. Happy with that

I thought my bonus points had been added already but they weren't!!! On 75 now with Sanchez and Alonso going big

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

What about Giroud? Just saw he was subbed after 59 min and is carrying an "injury"...

Aside from FPL I'am absolutely delighted for him. He always comes back! For some reason people get very quickly very critical with him but he always finds a way back. Such character!

As for my WC. 74 pre-bonus with Baines & Ibra to go.

The only real bad news for my team is Kane masterclass. He'll definitely rise £0.3m this week and unless Ibra gets injured I have 0 reason to get him in. But he was an option from GW23 onwards (figured Alli was enough for next GW) and he may now become a lot more complicated tio get in.
    Alli/Eriksen are doing me a 'Pool mid punishment but that's a lesser issue so far :p.

Almost a perfect WC which gives me a weird feeling since I rushed it this morning. It was the same for the season start while I was away somewhere in Eastern Europe. Seems the less I care for the game the best I'm doing :rolleyes: :pac:... and vice versa. Kinda sad :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

65 with four to go. I said a few weeks ago that Alonso was due a haul and I damn well needed it today. Now I want goals galore in the Utd - Pool game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

66 with Lallana, Ibra & Kun to go. Bit sick that I dropped Holebas for Smith but Watford were atrocious lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Decent week at last, it's been average the last 2 months. 85 with pogba, mata and lallana to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

86 (-4) with Pogba and Lukaku to go. Delighted with that as I had a couple of Kane captainers breathing down my neck

15k overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

88 with Ibra to go once Holebas subs in for Costa. Took a -8 on week and got a decision on Costa to make this week sadly. Kane and Aguero with ****e fixtures next week whereas Costa has Hull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

74 with De Gea, Baines and Ibra to go. Successful wc as I'm hopefully setup for the next few gws aswel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

93 (-4) with Lallana and Ibra to go. I thought I'd be doing well to field 11 players this week, never mind anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

An unspectacular if solid 64(0) with Ibra, Lallana and Kun(c) to go.
    But the best bit is ml leaders with 30s and 40s and no remaining differentials, all came together well today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up 30K places to 37K, wildcard still in the back pocket. Didn't think it would be that story at 4.15 today

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Wow we have some battle on so

Oh ye I forgot about the last 16 tie. Are you going to BB next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Took a 4 point hit
    Zaha->Ali
    Alonso->Daniels!!

Hmmm, quite a few points lost there. To make things worse I now also have McCauley subbing in for costa!

iroced wrote: »
    What about Giroud? Just saw he was subbed after 59 min and is carrying an "injury"...

Aside from FPL I'am absolutely delighted for him. He always comes back! For some reason people get very quickly very critical with him but he always finds a way back. Such character!

As for my WC. 74 pre-bonus with Baines & Ibra to go.

The only real bad news for my team is Kane masterclass. He'll definitely rise £0.3m this week and unless Ibra gets injured I have 0 reason to get him in. But he was an option from GW23 onwards (figured Alli was enough for next GW) and he may now become a lot more complicated tio get in.
    Alli/Eriksen are doing me a 'Pool mid punishment but that's a lesser issue so far :p.

Almost a perfect WC which gives me a weird feeling since I rushed it this morning. It was the same for the season start while I was away somewhere in Eastern Europe. Seems the less I care for the game the best I'm doing :rolleyes: :pac:... and vice versa. Kinda sad :pac:.

Ye giroud is obviously a doubt I'm just hoping for no more injuries. I'll minus 4 if I have to as it will be next to impossible to have my players all have fixtures as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

83 (-4) with Zlatan and Lallana to go. Into top 30k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

65 with four to go. I said a few weeks ago that Alonso was due a haul and I damn well needed it today. Now I want goals galore in the Utd - Pool game.

I'm up against you in the FSA champions cup. I had a nice lead until Alonso went crazy! 12 points ahead now I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oh ye I forgot about the last 16 tie. Are you going to BB next week.

No prob the week after as mee has Arsenal and giroud a doubt
    That's a midweek gameweek though so may even have to leave it another week
    Need to look properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

59 with Jones,Lallana,Zlatan and Aguero to play,feckin' McCauley with a -3 to come in off my bench though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

78 rockets me up 99k places to 127k. Ibra, Lukaku and Lallana to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

75 after Bps. Up to 77th...

.. In the boards qualifying league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Whenever someone says they expect a low scoring week we're guaranteed a high scoring one haha.
    People should definitely start saying that a bit more :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

69 and a rise of 750 places to 10,681.

I was at 10,684 at the end of GW 16!! Talk about slow progress!

Up to 40k I was 320k 4 gws ago. Great to move ahead of my old pal swiper aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

87 with Ibra to play takes me up from 210k to 90k.

The Liverpool fan in me wants Ibra to stay quiet but a little voice in the back of my head keeps whispering 13 points for the ton, 13 points for the ton...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

50 from 6 including captain is good right? I got rid of Eriksen, Alonso, Gibson and Aguero in my wildcard. Late points from Sanchez, Alli and Pedro just about kept my sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

So. Rumours of Alonso' demise have been greatly exaggerated, and he finally delivered the goals he had been threatening with weeks. Of course, he does this the week I sell him on a wildcard 🙁

This only rubbed salt into the open wounds of Kane's hat trick.
    69pts with Aguero and Ibra to go isn't bad at all and trying hard to look at the gw with a glass half full attitude, but knowing it could easily have been 100pts+ if had made 2 50/50 calls the other way is .... Lets just say there was some colourful language used when I heard the goals going in this evening 😮

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Well that seems to have gone rather well.

80 (-4) with the hit being a nett of -1.

Up to 56k with Aguero and Ibra to play. Cedric losing the CS late on the only downside as he continues his terrible FPL luck. Delighted and surprised to switch on phone and see Sanchez with 3 juicy bonus!!

Aguero a bit of a differential and need Liverpool attackers to stay quiet.....

I can understand anybody in a WC selling Alonso this week. Don't see why you wouldn't.

My first WC experience of bringing in Baines and then him being out for 4-6 weeks is an example of how it can go the other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I can understand anybody in a WC selling Alonso this week. Don't see why you wouldn't.
    Because he is the chief attacking option by far in a really stingy defence and has Hull at home next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

CSF wrote: »
    Because he is the chief attacking option by far in a really stingy defence and has Hull at home next week.

Yeah but to sell him for Walker/Rose who are cheaper and also have great fixtures/potential attack returns is also pretty good reasoning..I was on the verge of selling him for Walker but as Costa was ruled out, I ended up bringing in Kane instead.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

If I was on a WC I don't know if I'd take the risk in keeping him. Ake recalled. Pedro tried at left wing back recently. Then word of carrying a season long injury.

The last thing I'd wanna do is have to use my first post WC FT taking him out.

Like I said, I was stung in a similar situation by Baines earlier this season and I wouldn't do it again. On my WC I want to be as sure as possible that all 15 will start.

Going Alonso to Walker or Rose wasn't a crazy move.

Advertisement