Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW21 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

If I was on a WC I don't know if I'd take the risk in keeping him. Ake recalled. Pedro tried at left wing back recently. Then word of carrying a season long injury.

The last thing I'd wanna do is have to use my first post WC FT taking him out.

Like I said, I was stung in a similar situation by Baines earlier this season and I wouldn't do it again. On my WC I want to be as sure as possible that all 15 will start.

Going Alonso to Walker or Rose wasn't a crazy move.

this
    87 points with ibra to play so it's grand

all those weeks watching Alonso nearly score hurt now though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If I was on a WC I don't know if I'd take the risk in keeping him. Ake recalled. Pedro tried at left wing back recently. Then word of carrying a season long injury.

The last thing I'd wanna do is have to use my first post WC FT taking him out.

Like I said, I was stung in a similar situation by Baines earlier this season and I wouldn't do it again. On my WC I want to be as sure as possible that all 15 will start.
    The risks to be taken on less explosive players aren't the same ones that one would take on players who are in the highest points potential in their position. If this were Luiz or Cahill in the same situation you could make that change without worrying too much but Alonso has been screaming out for weeks with his performances that goals were coming. Did I expect a 21 point score? No. Would I personally have dared go without him against a Leicester minus the Africans and Hull at home? Not a chance.

Now again, bear in mind I'm not saying to be without Alonso this week was a terrible decision. IMO there is only one must have player in the game right now which is Sanchez. But with people acting like they made the 'right' decision only to be punished by bad luck, well I don't think that is true. Such people chose to go without the player with the highest points potential in their position and got burnt. We can't all have every high points getters due to the limited value in our budget so we will all be burnt at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

zerks wrote: »
    59 with Jones,Lallana,Zlatan and Aguero to play,feckin' McCauley with a -3 to come in off my bench though.

I'm on 53 with the same lads left only

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm on 53 with the same lads left only

Did you go with the -4 in the end ?

Might hurt if you did sell Antonio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

CSF wrote: »
    The risks to be taken on less explosive players aren't the same ones that one would take on players who are in the highest points potential in their position. If this were Luiz or Cahill in the same situation you could make that change without worrying too much but Alonso has been screaming out for weeks with his performances that goals were coming. Did I expect a 21 point score? No. Would I personally have dared go without him against a Leicester minus the Africans and Hull at home? Not a chance.

Now again, bear in mind I'm not saying to be without Alonso this week was a terrible decision. IMO there is only one must have player in the game right now which is Sanchez. But with people acting like they made the 'right' decision only to be punished by bad luck, well I don't think that is true. Such people chose to go without the player with the highest points potential in their position and got burnt. We can't all have every high points getters due to the limited value in our budget so we will all be burnt at times.
    Yeah but I think the point klopparama is making (at least mine is) to compare Alonso with Azpi, Walker/Rose or Bellerin. All capable of returning hauls and with a FPL history to second it.

Personally I had forgotten about Alonso injury (also he wasn't flagged). Just got a vague rememberance last night when I learned the Costa news and moved him out.

Must indirectly thank Busts since he posted his WC team at the same time I seeked advice for my second GK this morning and when I saw he kept him I assumed he did it with the knowledge I did not have.

I'd agree with klopp about the similarity with the Baines situation earlier this season that messed up my first WC too.

• Advertisement

None of those have been getting as many clear goalscoring chances though.

It's one thing to be in attacking areas, in the right place to get an assist or whatever. With Alonso, it'd genuinely been more surprising that he hadn't picked up a goal lately because there's been so many times when he could/should have. He will score more this season too.

That's not why people offloaded him but it is the reason a lot owned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I kept Alonso I did consider selling him on wildcard . However his fixtures for the next two Leicester and hull swung it in his favour. My thinking was he would start those 2 games as there was no way ake would start the Leicester game at lwb in a position he has never played. I could see ake possibly start the next fa cup game at lwb to see how he gets on. As CSF says there was always the potential for sellers to get punished as they did yesterday its just horrible timing in that it happens the exact week you have sold. Those that sold for a spurs defender it wasn't a bad call as they had a better fixture yesterday and over the next four gws. I held off as spurs have city away next gw while Chelsea have hull at home. I could still do Alonso to walker/rose after that gw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

With the information we had available, there was a very real possibility of Pedro starting at wingback with Costa, Willian and Hazard up front. This obviously changed with the Costa fiasco but most had sold Alonso by then.

Alonso was carrying a niggling injury, Pedro had played the last 1 and a half games at wingback.

I'm still not convinced Alonso would have started if the Costa incident hadn't happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

55 (-8) for a fairly 'meh' day compared to most on here it seems. However 35 of those points came from the lads I transferred in (Sanchez captain 22, Chambers 7 and Defoe 6) so have to call that a positive result unless Liverpool/Lovren keep a clean sheet for once and Firmino finds his scoring boots today having shipped them out with Costa.

Just Lallana and Ibra left to play - The Alonso brace absolutely crushed me in my money leagues but c'est la vie. Currently around 250k and not expecting (m)any green arrows this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Probably asking WAY too much but a United win 3-2 with Zlatan & Lallana contributing 26 points or more would see me hitting a century, not sure I got one even last year.

Seen a couple others on here did yesterday or got very close and kudos to them, it's been that kind of week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Not in a good position today really.

High score from Ibra ideal. In my H2H league just need Lukaku and Pogba to flop. Coutinho to outdo Lallana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

spock. wrote: »
    I'm up against you in the FSA champions cup. I had a nice lead until Alonso went crazy! 12 points ahead now I think

And I have a couple more players than you left I think. Better balance of points in your team yesterday and it should be nicely poised for next week.

I played baines over chambers. Do people think that was the right decision. I sort of think with baines on pens you have to always start him.

I played baines over chambers. Do people think that was the right decision. I sort of think with baines on pens you have to always start him.

I played Daniels over chambers LOL
    Yes baines has to play every week really
    Especially at home

km79 wrote: »
    I played Daniels over chambers LOL
    Yes baines has to play every week really
    Especially at home

I also played Daniels over chambers which probably was correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ugh. 52 points with just Ibra and Aguero left to play. I've actually been doing pretty well this season for a change and am top of my mini leagues but almost all my competitors gained ground on me yesterday with lots of 80's and 90 scorelines. Sanchez late goal was badly needed for me. Hoping Aguero bags a load of points today. Not many of my rivals have him.

You're banking on a goal or am assist rather than the clean sheet I would say. I can't see us keeping Aguero off the score sheet today.

Sneiderlinn I expect to start gonna be interesting to see how him and Barry do.

You're banking on a goal or am assist rather than the clean sheet I would say. I can't see us keeping Aguero off the score sheet today.

Sneiderlinn I expect to start gonna be interesting to see how him and Barry do.

Ye my thinking was attacking pts its hard not to play a peno taker.

Ye my thinking was attacking pts its hard not to play a peno taker.

I hope Baines stays on them, Lukaku isn't as good at Penos but seems to love them. Always seems to be mix and match which is annoying as a fan and as a FF player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any team news for the early K.O.?

• Site Banned Posts: 33 O. K. Corral

• Site Banned Posts: 33 O. K. Corral

Manchester City Retweeted
    Everton ‏@Everton 53s53 seconds ago
    #EFC (v @ManCity): Joel, Baines, Williams, Funes Mori, Holgate, Coleman, Barry (c), Davies, Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku. #AllForOne
    3 replies 24 retweets 19 likes
    Reply 3 Retweet 24
    Like 19
    More
    Manchester City ‏@ManCity 1m1 minute ago
    CITY SUBS | Caballero, Kolarov, Delph, Sane, Navas, A Garcia, Iheanacho #efcvcity #mcfc
    3 replies 46 retweets 44 likes
    Reply 3 Retweet 46
    Like 44
    More
    Manchester City ‏@ManCity 1m1 minute ago
    CITY XI | Bravo, Sagna, Stones, Otamendi, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Zabaleta (C), De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva, Aguero #efcvcity #mcfc
    6 replies 85 retweets 76 likes
    Reply 6 Retweet 85
    Like 76
    More

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Heaton
    Walker Alonso Daniels
    Snoggy Haz Sanchez (C) Lallana Alli
    Defoe Ibra (V)
    Jaku Pieters Amat Diomande

88 -8 so sees me jump from 259K to 139.6K OR but that will change again after todays fixtures. Made a last minute switch of captaincy from Ibra > Sanchez. Squeezed into top spot in my main league with green arrows galore. Thrilled so long as Aguero and Lukaku don't go nuts today!

Mirallas offside goal
    Sterling penalty turned down
    Sterling is up front
    Not sure where aguero is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Did you go with the -4 in the end ?

Might hurt if you did sell Antonio.

Nope... I done Kone - Friend and held off. Schulp would have got me no where, King didn't start and tho Giroud started and Scored when Benteke was useless again as you say Antonio would have hurt more with his 3 assists. Thanks for talking some sense into me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Pep....why the f*ck is Aguero playing in midfield??!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Robles doing the business so far for Everton. City look like they could be opened up at any time if Everton take a bit more care with the final ball.

Aguero is dead as an FPL option
    He just played zabaletta through from his own half
    That's how deep he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Rom goal Mirallas assist

City are a shambles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lukaku.I might just change my mind about never getting him into my team again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

zerks wrote: »
    Lukaku.I might just change my mind about never getting him into my team again.

Don't do it, a whole world of pain awaits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Aguero misses sitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bye bye Kun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

All of the Costa replacements scored this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

The Aguero anti jinxing is strong in this thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Holding Lukaku has paid off, he's on fire in recent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    The Aguero anti jinxing is strong in this thread :pac:

No Pep has actually broken him. He's so broken that jinxing won't even work. He just won't possibly score when playing so deep.

We're just speaking from a position of disappointed truth. I might even sell him ahead of Aguero Day (Spurs at home) :(

No Pep has actually broken him. He's so broken that jinxing won't even work. He just won't possibly score when playing so deep.

We're just speaking from a position of disappointed truth. I might even sell him ahead of Aguero Day (Spurs at home) :(
    They are a shambles
    Zabaletta and Sterling more advanced than aguero
    That's just silly

• Advertisement

I always find the lack of respect lukaku gets on these threads weird.

They are a shambles
    Zabaletta and Sterling more advanced than aguero
    That's just silly
    Makes Zabaleta somewhat attractive even if they'll never keep a clean sheet.

Who could have guessed Pep would get English football THIS wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Ye it's quite bizarre, he was extremely close to a tap in mind...

If he was a bit cheaper I would still consider him an option. Too many for 12m and less scoring well though

Coming in for giroud in next few weeks
    And will prob just leave him there then
    I won't be captaining him at any point though

Coming in for giroud in next few weeks
    And will prob just leave him there then
    I won't be captaining him at any point though
    Probably my third striker of Giroud stays injured and Costa doesn't come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Own both Lukaku and KDB, really need something from KDB, could have had 2 or 3 assists by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Pep is trolling Aguero more like it. Hel be out of City soon enough I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's a 2 way street and the f'er has never shown me much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mirallas goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Great player, if he was playing for one of the top teams he'd probably score every week, playing with Everton means he gets such poor service, when Everton do create chances, he puts them way

• Advertisement
Advertisement