Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free passport photos

Options
  • 14-01-2017 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Is there any app or website that will take passport sized photos that I can get printed myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi, I've done it myself, several times for driving licences etc. but not passports. Simply get a friend to take the pic against a white background (door). On PC, crop the image and reduce the size to 38mm x 50mm. Arrange four copies of the image on one page and save that file. Take it down to the chemist and have it printed "professionally" for ~50c. Cut with a scissors for four "passport sized photos". Haven't had any sent back yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Do you need any kind of photo editing software to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Do you need any kind of photo editing software to do that?

I only ever used basic software for doing it. I think "Paintbrush" will do and GIMP (free image manipulation software, with the worst name ever invented, but very good :)). It's not difficult with a bit of experimenting.

Advertisement