Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EV car hire

• 14-01-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

I was booking some flights to England with Aer Lingus and the site showed me some offers on car hire - surprisingly the cheapest seemed to be a Nissan Leaf for €17/day with Green Motion. Has anyone tried renting an EV, or used this crowd specifically? Their website doesn't explain how using public chargers will work in terms of payment.

Would be interesting to try, but I don't really need a car for this trip - the train's still cheaper for getting to and from the airport (Manchester->Leeds).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I was actually thinking of hiring a Tesla for my trip to Italy in May.

At €350 a day, I changed my mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I was actually thinking of hiring a Tesla for my trip to Italy in May.

At €350 a day, I changed my mind...

Likewise. We're in the States in April for 10 days, I looked on Turo then scrapped the idea. Renting a RAV4 now for around €320.

Advertisement