Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best VR Ready PC for HTC Vive right now?

Options
  • 14-01-2017 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

What off-the-shelf PC would people recommend for the HTV Vive right now? I'm not too concerned with future proofing as long as it will run the majority of current VR games well enough. Preferably something I can get in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What's the budget? €800ish would get you a somewhat sturdy VR ready PC, sweet spot if money's not a huge concern is probably €1400, you could go lower than the €800 but results wouldn't be spectacular. It's really important in VR to maintain a high stable framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

Budget is €1,500 - €2,200

I'm being realistic about it and it's for a client project. Any links to recommended rigs folks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Laptopsdirect have some good pre-built PC's that aren't outrageous. That money will get you an i7-6700, 16GB, SSD/HDD, GTX1080 based machine - essentially the fastest normal consumer machine money can buy unless you get into the realm of crazy enthusiast territory. Will run all games at ultra setting at 100fps.

Advertisement