Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW22 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    I think it's FAR from certain costa will start.
    Chelsea scored 3 without him against Bournemouth and again last week
    Hazard pedro Willian all played well
    Who does Conte drop ?
    I think he may make a point and not start him
    It's Hull at home after all

Food for thought anyway

Agree with this. And if he does start how will this kerfuffle have affected his mentality and form. Could be good reaction, could be bad.

I'm more inclined to gamble on Pedro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Agree with this. And if he does start how will this kerfuffle have affected his mentality and form. Could be good reaction, could be bad.

I'm more inclined to gamble on Pedro.

I have pedro and I won't be taken a -4 to get costa in as it would have to be for Kane
    Makes no sense to me
    I'll go without for the rest of the season I think
    Only had him for 2 weeks anyway
    And of course he got suspended in one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Hojberg has been stinking up my bench for months now. He's bench-fodder, but I would prefer someone, at that price range, who is more of a guaranteed starter and could possibly surprise me with a return every now and again

Do people think Davies (Everton) has cemented his place in the first team? He played well against City and Everton have scored well in the last two games with him in midfield. My biggest concern would be where Schneiderlin goes when he comes into the team and how Davies would fair for game time when Gueye comes back

I'm thinking De Roon is the safer option, but Davies looked much more attack-minded in the City game on Sunday and Everton's next 5 games look good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was listening to Off The Ball last night, they were saying that it could end up that they will give Costa a new conract to the end of the season and then let him **** off to China, Conte wants him to stay so they can win the league. I think he'll be too important for them to stay on the bench but it depends on what happens with his contract. He may end up signing a new long term contract, I won't bring him back anytime soon though

siblers wrote: »
    Was listening to Off The Ball last night, they were saying that it could end up that they will give Costa a new conract to the end of the season and then let him **** off to China, Conte wants him to stay so they can win the league. I think he'll be too important for them to stay on the bench but it depends on what happens with his contract. He may end up signing a new long term contract, I won't bring him back anytime soon though
    Too important for rest of season
    But not for this weekend imo
    More important that Conte shows him who is boss
    Not that there is much doubt about that I'd say :D

• Advertisement

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Hojberg has been stinking up my bench for months now. He's bench-fodder, but I would prefer someone, at that price range, who is more of a guaranteed starter and could possibly surprise me with a return every now and again

Do people think Davies (Everton) has cemented his place in the first team? He played well against City and Everton have scored well in the last two games with him in midfield. My biggest concern would be where Schneiderlin goes when he comes into the team and how Davies would fair for game time when Gueye comes back

I'm thinking De Roon is the safer option, but Davies looked much more attack-minded in the City game on Sunday and Everton's next 5 games look good

It's hard to know A lot of times when these young players first come on the scene, they are explosive at the start but after a few weeks the pace of the league starts to catch up to them and they end up being dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Near impossible to tell at the moment. He wasn't even making the bench for most of this season and at one stage carter_vickers (a lad who came up through the ranks) was named on bench ahead of him.

He did play against villa in the cup last week and in one of the CL games after spurs could no longer progress from the group.

Poch has the option of reverting to 2 x CBs (Alder and Dier) or playing Davies at the left side of 3 x CBs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Near impossible to tell at the moment. He wasn't even making the bench for most of this season and at one stage carter_vickers (a lad who came up through the ranks) was named on bench ahead of him.

He did play against villa in the cup last week and in one of the CL games after spurs could no longer progress from the group.

Poch has the option of reverting to 2 x CBs (Alder and Dier) or playing Davies at the left side of 3 x CBs.

That in reply to me?

Will wimmer start for spurs do we think lads? Could be a cheap way into their defense

That in reply to me?

Yes it was.

.. Actually on the Wimmer thing.

Poch has thing for playing a right footed player (Alder) on the right side of the CB pairing and a leftie (Vertonghen) on the other.

.... So when Alderweireld got injured a few weeks back, Dier (right footed) was drafted in to cover but when Vertonghen missed a chunk of games this time last year (coincidentally) Wimmer (a leftie) got a run of 7 or 8 games in the team alongside Alderweireld

.. That still doesn't rule out Ben Davies playing though.

[can't believe I have a working knowledge of the preferred foot of the spurs back line].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think most football managers prefer having a left footed left sided CB.

Ake 4.3

Had to bring him in last week to free up cash for Ibra.

Hold or suggested replacements...

0.0 itb so budget in 4.3, already have Amat as a non playing sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I think most football managers prefer having a left footed left sided CB.

It becomes a lot more important when it comes to the left side of a back 3. I still think it is up for grabs between Wimmer and Davies from what I have read, the only thing it does is increase the likelihood that Rose will start every game at left wing back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ake 4.3

Had to bring him in last week to free up cash for Ibra.

Hold or suggested replacements...

0.0 itb so budget in 4.3, already have Amat as a non playing sub.

I brought Yoshida in at 4.2, seems nailed on at the moment to start with Fonte frozen out. Nice fixtures coming up too (LEI, swa, WHU, sun)

Holgate is the other choice at 4.1 I was looking at, if he is nailed on he's a great price for Everton defender who have a nice run of fixtures (cry, sto, BOU, mid, SUN) until Spurs 4th March, depends if you have Baines already though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Barnes to Kane then Ali to a 5th mid .

This leaves me with:

Pedro Philips Sanchez Coutinho
    Kane Lukaku IBRA

I can do the above for a -4 , this gives me 4 possible captain choices each week. I'm hesitant to shift Ali but that front 3 is pretty strong.

Opinions?

dahat wrote: »
    Barnes to Kane then Ali to a 5th mid .

This leaves me with:

Pedro Philips Sanchez Coutinho
    Kane Lukaku IBRA

I can do the above for a -4 , this gives me 4 possible captain choices each week. I'm hesitant to shift Ali but that front 3 is pretty strong.

Opinions?

Yeah I like that but why the -4 ?
    Just bank and do it next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah I like that but why the -4 ?
    Just bank and do it next week

Already used this weeks one. No problems with -4 each week, it's standard for me at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

This time last year I'd have already signed up to the Ben Davies Society, he's such a wasted FPL asset stuck behind Rose.

I brought Yoshida in at 4.2, seems nailed on at the moment to start with Fonte frozen out. Nice fixtures coming up too (LEI, swa, WHU, sun)

Thanks. Im drawn to this one the most even though I already have VVD. I think he's more likely to get a run of games than Holegate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It's hard to know A lot of times when these young players first come on the scene, they are explosive at the start but after a few weeks the pace of the league starts to catch up to them and they end up being dropped.

I think it's more opposition managers see they're a danger and plan for them. It's then you find out how good they really are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

My preliminary musings for this week

A: Holebas to Baines/Coleman
    B: Ali/Eriksen to Pedro (This is only for this GW either Ali/Eriksen will be straight back in on Saturday)

The whole Diego thing is annoying me at the moment. I'll probably just wait for the presser.

I have a feeling that City might be like a wounded animal this week and **** **** up for Spurs, but in saying that, you can't make a bad backline good.

Anyway, any thoughts? If you were to go with B who would you swap out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

carnie wrote: »

B: Ali/Eriksen to Pedro (This is only for this GW either Ali/Eriksen will be straight back in on Saturday)

The whole Diego thing is annoying me at the moment. I'll probably just wait for the presser.

I have a feeling that City might be like a wounded animal this week and **** **** up for Spurs, but in saying that, you can't make a bad backline good.

Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Lads have Siggurdson and Origi in the team with 2 in the bank, how should I proceed with these two? Happy with the team otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

domrush wrote: »
    Lads have Siggurdson and Origi in the team with 2 in the bank, how should I proceed with these two? Happy with the team otherwise.
    Origi could fill his boots at home to Swansea, Siggi to Pedro/Stanislav maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Diego Costa
    as is heart is obviously not at Chelsea,
    Is this going to affect his performance? fans on his back etc
    Or do ye still see him performing to a high level?

carnie wrote:

Not convinced. Think there is something bigger going wrong at city. There'll be a reaction of course and they are at home but I can see them conceding a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Not convinced. Think there is something bigger going wrong at city. There'll be a reaction of course and they are at home but I can see them conceding a few.

yeah i can see them conceding a few too. City will get on the scoresheet themself too i'd bet (extremely rare that they don't score at home..)

edit: 5/1 for both teams to score and Spurs to win i'll have a piece of that :pac::pac:

Who are your other midfielders? You may as well keep Origi, Defoe has a tough fixture away to WBA and Giroud not guaranteed to be fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Who are your other midfielders? You may as well keep Origi, Defoe has a tough fixture away to WBA and Giroud not guaranteed to be fit.

Alli, Lallana, Stanislas, Capoue, Siggy
    Costa, Ibra, Origi

• Advertisement

carnie wrote: »

City are so shambolic at the back that even if they do put in a good performance they will still be exposed at times throughout the match. Unless Pep changes his philosophy between last Sunday and this weekend, then Spurs should in theory score 2 or 3. They are defending like a team who are bottom of the table

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

domrush wrote:
    Alli, Lallana, Stanislas, Capoue, Siggy Costa, Ibra, Origi

Could do with some Arsenal cover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Alli, Lallana, Stanislas, Capoue, Siggy
    Costa, Ibra, Origi

You should wait as long as possible. A few are hoping to get an indication/hint of Liverpool's line up Friday night/Saturday morning as their the early KO.

Third striker spot has been a problem for me too. Tried Origi already...
    Origi to Barnes and upgrade Capoue, giving Ziggy another week or Origi to Giroud/Lukaku and downgrade Ziggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I imagine Chelsea Press conference is tomorrow? Morning? Going to wait until then to do a Giroud to Costa. Even if he doesn't start I'd expect him to come off the bench and then prove a point to Conte by scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I imagine Chelsea Press conference is tomorrow? Morning? Going to wait until then to do a Giroud to Costa. Even if he doesn't start I'd expect him to come off the bench and then prove a point to Conte by scoring.

The panic if he says of course Costa plays after his drops.

Man City confirm new signing Gabriel Jesus is available to face Spurs this weekend https://t.co/oEHPycVfvE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

dsmythy wrote: »

The panic if he says of course Costa plays after his drops.
    Aye. Would work out perfect for me the. Got the value and got Giroud in. So would be a straight swap back with MITB if it's the case. I imagine he'll say something along the lines of " Everybody is fit " or something or other.

Giroud at home to Burnley.

Costa at home to Hull.

Is that really worth a transfer lads??

FHFC wrote: »
    Giroud at home to Burnley.

Costa at home to Hull.

Is that really worth a transfer lads??

Not that giroud is now fit no
    Imagine if costa only plays 20/30 mins and desist score.......price drop that night for sure
    He will be nearly there anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With giroud now supposedly fit I'll either do Defoe to lukaku or Phillips to firmino.

With giroud now supposedly fit I'll either do Defoe to lukaku or Phillips to firmino.

Firmino still your preferred Pool mid? Leaning that way myself, although I think I might hold off on one till after the blank at this stage. Only about 2 'scary' fixtures in that period and a possible blank in 28.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Why would you do either? Philips at home to a woeful Sunderland defence or Defoe away to a WBA team without Nyom and not setting the world alight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

patmac wrote: »
    Why would you do either? Philips at home to a woeful Sunderland defence or Defoe away to a WBA team without Nyom and not setting the world alight.

I reckon firmino will fire again now that coutinho is back. I'm also going to the game so would really like some attacking coverage. My ideal transfer would be Defoe to sturridge as I'm set up for a 1 WK punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Thinking about transferring alli and giroud out for sanchez and crouch...

team would be as follows...

Heaton
    Brunt, baines, alonso, mcauley
    Sanchez, hazard, erickson, phillips
    Zlatan, lorente

Allen, crouch, friend on bench

Any thoughts....

Get rid of Lorente, Swansea are muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

i'll be getting the jesus from city, i just might wait a week to see where he plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

siblers wrote:
    Get rid of Lorente, Swansea are muck

They muck until chelski sign him! Which will be next week!

They muck until chelski sign him! Which will be next week!

Where he will most likely be on the bench

I reckon firmino will fire again now that coutinho is back. I'm also going to the game so would really like some attacking coverage. My ideal transfer would be Defoe to sturridge as I'm set up for a 1 WK punt

No hint of line-up available ? I believe those twitter accounts aren't accurate and delete tweets when wrong.

So without knowing Sturridge will start it's a gamble. Not one I'd take even though I want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Also have no Liverpool cover at moment, was hoping that team would be leaked before deadline too and would also be leaning towards Firmino...
    Just hope I can get WiFi as I check in on an old FF star at the Barnabeau on Saturday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Since I will be starting sanchez and giroud against burnley.
    Can ye see the logic in playing tom heaton.
    potential save points and in the extreme unlikely event arsenal don't score it wouldn't be a disaster.
    As he would rack up a big score to compensate.
    I suppose worst case scenario is Burnley would concede with neither giroud or sanchez involved.
    Burnleys future fixtures look good so I'm not specifically getting him in for this gw.
    Any opinions would be great? thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement