Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous Wait for Eir Installation

Options
  • 14-01-2017 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

[font=arial, sans-serif]Not exactly a case of starting off on the right foot....[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Signed up for Eir phone + broadband 100mb recently, was due to get the service installed on Thursday [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]19th. Received call from Open Eir on this past Thursday [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]12th, asking if it suited me to have it installed today (Saturday [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]14th). I said it suited me better so agreed to this. They then called me yesterday to confirm the engineer would be out to me today between 9am-1pm [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]and would call 30 mins before he'd be arriving at my house. Great. Or so I thought.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Fast forward to today, got up and was awaiting arrival of engineer all morning. At 1pm[/font][font=arial, sans-serif], finally decided to contact Open Eir. After about 25 minutes on the phone, being transferred between numerous staff and running up my phone bill considerably, was told that there was no way of contacting the engineer and thus no way of confirming that it would be installed today. Felt sorry for the staff I spoke to, seems to be no record of anything there and I had to explain my story in full to about 5 different staff members. None of them could give me any idea of whether it would be installed today or if it would be next week. Cant wait to see my phone bill next month after all the time I spent on the phone.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]My fiancée is currently waiting at the house, in case we do get a visit from the engineer although I've not had any contact.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]All of this is extremely frustrating. An entire Saturday [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]wasted and with no response or any sort of a solution forthcoming from Eir. Had a similarly bad experience with Eircom a few years ago but decided to rejoin, mainly for the Bt channels. Already regretting that decision. You might have a new name but Eir seems just a carbon copy of what Eircom was. Except with higher prices.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Please sort this out as soon as possible.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

murrays07 wrote: »
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Not exactly a case of starting off on the right foot....[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Signed up for Eir phone + broadband 100mb recently, was due to get the service installed on Thursday [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]19th. Received call from Open Eir on this past Thursday [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]12th, asking if it suited me to have it installed today (Saturday [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]14th). I said it suited me better so agreed to this. They then called me yesterday to confirm the engineer would be out to me today between 9am-1pm [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]and would call 30 mins before he'd be arriving at my house. Great. Or so I thought.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Fast forward to today, got up and was awaiting arrival of engineer all morning. At 1pm[/font][font=arial, sans-serif], finally decided to contact Open Eir. After about 25 minutes on the phone, being transferred between numerous staff and running up my phone bill considerably, was told that there was no way of contacting the engineer and thus no way of confirming that it would be installed today. Felt sorry for the staff I spoke to, seems to be no record of anything there and I had to explain my story in full to about 5 different staff members. None of them could give me any idea of whether it would be installed today or if it would be next week. Cant wait to see my phone bill next month after all the time I spent on the phone.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]My fiancée is currently waiting at the house, in case we do get a visit from the engineer although I've not had any contact.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]All of this is extremely frustrating. An entire Saturday [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]wasted and with no response or any sort of a solution forthcoming from Eir. Had a similarly bad experience with Eircom a few years ago but decided to rejoin, mainly for the Bt channels. Already regretting that decision. You might have a new name but Eir seems just a carbon copy of what Eircom was. Except with higher prices.[/font]
    Hi murrays07,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm very sorry to hear of this experience. Did the technician get in touch with you in the end?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 murrays07

Pamela,
    No, heard nothing from the technician at all on Saturday and still nothing.
    Called Open Eir again this morning and they gave me a Cork number to contact. I've been trying this number solidly since 10am with no answer.
    At around 12pm I called 1800580500 and spoke to a man there. He had it on the system that my installation is still due for this Thursday. Basically there is no record of me having been contacted by you last week and it is as it was initially.
    He assured me it would go ahead this Thursday and that I would be contacted by the engineer on this Wednesday to arrange time etc.
    I sincerely hope that it does go ahead this Thursday now. It has been an extremely frustrating and badly handled experience on the part of Eir and has already left me seriously considering whether to go ahead and cancel already. As I said originally, its not exactly a great start or an example of great (or even adequate) customer service.
    So, hoping it will all be installed this Thursday and get the matter resolved then

Pamela,
    No, heard nothing from the technician at all on Saturday and still nothing.
    Called Open Eir again this morning and they gave me a Cork number to contact. I've been trying this number solidly since 10am with no answer.
    At around 12pm I called 1800580500 and spoke to a man there. He had it on the system that my installation is still due for this Thursday. Basically there is no record of me having been contacted by you last week and it is as it was initially.
    He assured me it would go ahead this Thursday and that I would be contacted by the engineer on this Wednesday to arrange time etc.
    I sincerely hope that it does go ahead this Thursday now. It has been an extremely frustrating and badly handled experience on the part of Eir and has already left me seriously considering whether to go ahead and cancel already. As I said originally, its not exactly a great start or an example of great (or even adequate) customer service.
    So, hoping it will all be installed this Thursday and get the matter resolved then
    No problem  murrays07. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience & confusion caused. eir would only allocate Monday to Friday appointments only & these would be attended to by our contractor KNN. Sometimes if KNN have availability for Saturday they will contact the customer to arrange an appointment, this seems to be what happened in your case. 

If you need any further assistance please do let me know.

Thanks,
    Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 5 murrays07

Pamela, I'm expecting a call from an engineer tomorrow at some stage to arrange an installation for this Thursday.
    Hopefully this goes as planned and its all installed by Thursday.
    I'll let you know if not.
    Thanks

Pamela, I'm expecting a call from an engineer tomorrow at some stage to arrange an installation for this Thursday.
    Hopefully this goes as planned and its all installed by Thursday.
    I'll let you know if not.
    Thanks
    No problem murrays07.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭empty21

Have had the exact same experience as you only mine is ongoing since August 2016 :pac:

Advertisement