Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4x4 tyres

Options
  • 14-01-2017 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Looking for 205/70/r15
    Off road for suzuki jimny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Looking for 205/70/r15
    Off road for suzuki jimny

Got Kumbo Road Venture 215 70 R15 Mud Terrains from openeo & fitted locally.

Savage tyres for my needs.

If you've the clearance go big or go home IMO

Were cheaper than BFGs which whiles nice I couldn't justify for less than 4km annually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I got these in June 2014 and have put a lot of miles on them. Connemara to Limerick twice a month for 2 1/2 years plus all my normal driving and hunting on and off road. Will buy them again when I need new ones. Got the from Opeoneo
    BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 215/75R15 100 Q Quantity: 4 x 121 EUR 

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I got these in June 2014 and have put a lot of miles on them. Connemara to Limerick twice a month for 2 1/2 years plus all my normal driving and hunting on and off road. Will buy them again when I need new ones. Got the from Opeoneo BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 215/75R15 100 Q Quantity: 4 x 121 EURÂ

Would you say they have much of an affect on your mpg? Compared to road tyres....

Given what they are I would think so. How much I couldn't tell you but the difference can't be that much. Saying that its only a 1.3 engine and I've never ever calculated MPG in a car. When its empty I fill it. I need the tyres to go off road from time to time and so for me its worth it to have them and on a few occasions they have saved me serious grief trying to get deer off a hill

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

So it can't be too bad so. Heard lads from time to time saying they wouldn't put AT's on their 4x4 because of the huge difference it had on the MPG.
    Obviously it ain't too bad.

• Advertisement

idnkph wrote:
    So it can't be too bad so. Heard lads from time to time saying they wouldn't put AT's on their 4x4 because of the huge difference it had on the MPG. Obviously it ain't too bad.

I know one or two lads that bought big 4x4s for big bucks and even though they never sat into a Jimmy not to mind owned one they ridiculed it as a "hairdressers" car etc. And then they moan about the cost of running a "proper" jeep.
    The way I look at it, if I need AT tyres I get AT tyres if I don't don't need them I don't get them. If they need AT tyres and the cost is too much to run them they should think of downsizing.

Advertisement