Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British army assessment center

Options
  • 14-01-2017 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

From rep of Ireland hoping to join the royal Irish regiment and looking for any people's experiences at selection and/or in the regiment or army? Not looking to hear your opinions of Irish joining British army just want factual information. Not going to have a problem running the 1.5 mile in 12.45 just ran a mile in just over 4 minutes.
    Not sure where to post this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I'd stop right there with the army career - you need to be representing the RoI at the next major track and field event.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 26 caiminmurp1

More interested in the army lol. I complete in kickboxing at a high level so have been running many years. Was first time I'd ever used a run tracker today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I agree with tac foley....you should at least join a decent athletics club...unless that was seriously downhill or you were on a bike! Not many peoplem can do a 4 minute mile off track with no pacemaker. ..

Well I represent Ireland in the world championships (got silver) and have won the all Ireland's 6 time's, I only run for kickboxing don't really get enjoyment out of running...

And no it's all flat around a shopping centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Stev3G187

Well I represent Ireland in the world championships (got silver) and have won the all Ireland's 6 time's, I only run for kickboxing don't really get enjoyment out of running...

im agreeing with the boys. I've a mate who's on the irish kickboxing team and hes running huge distances but he keeps the pace for a 6 minute mile at 10 odd miles of a run. Considering your speed, its probably more like you need to just take a gawk at the old running back position over in that NFL if the atheltics isnt any good lol:D

Advertisement