Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned - with some very disturbing comments from Mod

Options
  • 14-01-2017 11:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Radio Forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057646770&page=23

George Hook has a very disturbing habit of going into detail on very personal bodily functions (or lack thereof). This was discussed by users and I contributed on what he says regularly with some odd pride attached, I was banned for three months for this, ironically enough what I was banned for is something I was paraphrasing by a national broadcaster and am disgusted by and the BAI seem to have no issue with yet I was banned for paraphrasing?

What is more disturbing is the very sick and wholly inappropriate response I received from the moderator Nody who seems to have a skewed view and some serious difficulties in differentiating between beastiality and sex . How can a user make an official complaint regarding a moderators comments and their offensiveness?

Details Below
    Nody wrote:
    Nody wrote:
    Dear Muff Richardson,

You have been banned from Radio for three months for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Nody

Your post:
    Does George still discuss his knob and bollocks issues in excruciating levels of detail?

you left out when he talks about how he can't get the fat lad up anymore to give the lovely ingrid a pounding with.

The bans on boards are bizarre, do you actually listen to George hook? He has confessed on several occasions on air that can not get an erection citing his wife's relief a this...where have I gone wrong?
    In thinking it was suitable to be posted on boards which allows underage people to post here. He could have told a story how he liked to **** horses and it would have been just as inappropriate to discuss in Radio and that is why we have a sex & sexuality forum which is age and access restricted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'd like to get some clarity here...

Are you contesting your ban or do you just wish to make a complaint about a moderator's comments in relation to your ban?

If it is the former - please try to resolve the issue with the ban by discussing it with the mod.

If it is the latter - please start a new thread in the Help Desk forum.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

I'd like to get some clarity here...

Are you contesting your ban or do you just wish to make a complaint about a moderator's comments in relation to your ban?

If it is the former - please try to resolve the issue with the ban by discussing it with the mod.

If it is the latter - please start a new thread in the Help Desk forum.

tHB

both...i'll go to the help desk regarding the latter.

I've discussed the former with the mod and I think it's fair to say any rational discussion ended with his bizarre response.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hi Muff Richardson. Bear with me while I look into this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Okay so I am going to take your word for it that you were paraphrasing George Hook and that he describes his erectile dysfunction etc in intimate detail on the national airwaves. However, that you were just paraphrasing is not an excuse. To paraphrase is to use different words to convey the same meaning. The choice of words is still yours and your phrasing was vulgar and below the standard that I would expect of the Radio forum. Nor was this a once off. Earlier in the same thread you used similar language - “his fat lad”, “blow his beans” etc - in addition to describing one of his guests as a “stuck up … geebag”.

Even if, as you seem to suggest, Hook uses similarly vulgar terms to describe his bodily functions on air that doesn’t mean it’s okay here. There are better ways of expressing your disapproval as demonstrated in your own post above and in your pm to Nody in which you rephrased your comment as: “He has confessed on several occasions on air that can not get an erection citing his wife's relief at this”. This is also paraphrasing but without the vulgarity. In future I would suggest using this version in-thread and saving the other one for pms and the locker room.

I am upholding the ban. Your post was inappropriate and in breach of the forum’s charter, which also states no uncivil criticisms of presenters and no pub banter. The length of the ban is severe, but in the last 3 years you have received 3 infractions and 4 bans in the Radio forum. The latest ban (for 2 weeks) ended only a month ago. Frankly I think the Radio mods have been extremely fair with you. And in the absence of any commitment on your part to improve the quality of your contributions, I see no reason to consider reducing the length of the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No attempt to contest ban being upheld in several weeks.

Resolved.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement