Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Repair Empty Box on the Way.

Options
  • 15-01-2017 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering does anyone have any previous experience with Apple Repair ? I have to return a 6S+ and apple are sending a empty box with UPS. What happens when the box is delivered, do I put the phone in the box and give it to the UPS driver immediately or do I have to post it in a post office or something?

Many thanks for any answers.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

AmboMan wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering does anyone have any previous experience with Apple Repair ? I have to return a 6S+ and apple are sending a empty box with UPS. What happens when the box is delivered, do I put the phone in the box and give it to the UPS driver immediately or do I have to post it in a post office or something?

Many thanks for any answers.

Depends on if the UPS driver has time. Usually it is easier for them to take it straight once you have the phone ready. You need to have it erased, and Find my iPhone turned off. Get a signature number and the waybill number to track it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Backup your old phone, turn off find my iPhone on the old phone. Restore the new phone to that backup and rearrange ups to pick it up, mention that you have a label already printed and they won't charge.

I've never had a ups driver willing to wait to have all the above done whilst they wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AmboMan

Thanks for the answers !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

You can arrange a collection for the following day (or whenever) by calling UPS.

Or you can drop the package off to a UPS drop off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Most guys will wait for you.
    You'll have a time so wipe your phone that morning and have it ready to just hand over. Have your sim ready to swap out with the sim tray tool and it'll be all over in a min.
    Its a pleasure returning apple stuff its so easy.

• Advertisement

Just have your phone ready, backed up with Find My iPhone off and do a 1min job at the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

how did you arrange the online repair..i tried but it kept telling me t0 go to a shop

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Ring apple.

Again thanks for the replies. I have a 6S+ that powers off randomly phoned apple a couple of months back and they said there was an issue and offered to repair the phone for free. The repair agent then contacted me to say it's only the 6S that apple are repairing for free. So it started to power off again so I contacted Apple again and told them although the phone was out of warranty I still had rights as a consumer and having spent almost €1000 on a phone I was going to go to the small claims court, they agreed to repair or replace the phone for me. I bought the phone directly from the Apple Store.

Just to update everyone, I had the phone ready when the UPS driver called and he kindly packed it and took it away without any issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I sent my phone to apple in early December, they lost it, then gave it to another customer.

I was sent a new phone today, but it is the pink and white one (I sent in a space gray one).

Their customer support has gone to the dogs, beware.

Chiparus wrote: »
    I sent my phone to apple in early December, they lost it, then gave it to another customer.

I was sent a new phone today, but it is the pink and white one (I sent in a space gray one).

Their customer support has gone to the dogs, beware.

Yeah ! Just got an email from apple with photos to say my phone is damaged and I never mentioned it when I sent it in for repair. The phone in the images they sent is not my phone its not even the same colour !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I called Mactivate, I send them my IMEI number, they have to order a battery (2 days) and then I drop in the phone for a couple of hours and it will be done.

Much better all around methinks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Yeah Mactivate seem pretty good used them for my MacBook recently and was very happy with service. They were going to repair my phone also but then apple decided they no longer wanted to pay for the repairs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

AmboMan wrote: »
    Yeah ! Just got an email from apple with photos to say my phone is damaged and I never mentioned it when I sent it in for repair. The phone in the images they sent is not my phone its not even the same colour !

Did they sort it out for you?
    They are still looking into my issue, not sorted out yet.

It's on the way back via UPS I'll let you know !

Got the phone back earlier today. Looks new and happy so far, hopefully it lasts !

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Anybody know when Apple stopped doing the express replacement service? The headphone jack on my 6s+ doesn't work and I can't afford to be without the phone due to work. They've said I need to buy Apple Care + to avail of the express service now, and they wont let my buy that until it's been in for repair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Gwildor wrote: »
    Anybody know when Apple stopped doing the express replacement service? The headphone jack on my 6s+ doesn't work and I can't afford to be without the phone due to work. They've said I need to buy Apple Care + to avail of the express service now, and they wont let my buy that until it's been in for repair!

It was around 12months ago. Pain in the ass I know.

It was around 12months ago. Pain in the ass I know.

Thanks. It's genuinely the first time I've been properly pissed off with Apple.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Gwildor wrote: »
    Thanks. It's genuinely the first time I've been properly pissed off with Apple.

You mustn't have seen the price increases for the MacBook Pros......:D

Macbook Pros? are they like an olden days computer?

Backup your old phone, turn off find my iPhone on the old phone. Restore the new phone to that backup and rearrange ups to pick it up, mention that you have a label already printed and they won't charge.

I've never had a ups driver willing to wait to have all the above done whilst they wait.
    Blazer wrote: »
    Most guys will wait for you.
    You'll have a time so wipe your phone that morning and have it ready to just hand over. Have your sim ready to swap out with the sim tray tool and it'll be all over in a min.
    Its a pleasure returning apple stuff its so easy.

How often do you guys have to return stuff to Apple?

How often do you guys have to return stuff to Apple?
    iPhone 5, once due to a rattling sleep/wake switch.
    iPhone 7 Plus, once due to it completely turning off and not turning back on again.

I don't mind this kind of frequency of returning to apple due to their second to none after sales service. if it was another company I'd be long gone...

The iPhone 5 was an express replacement, got a new phone restored from backup and called UPS to pick up the broken one.
    The iPhone 7 was a walk-in to Belfast as the phone fried on Christmas Eve Eve, and there was no way they'd get a phone to me in time for the Christmas period without a walk-in. Went up, booked an appointment for 2 hours time, went grabbed breakfast, came back and had a new phone within 45 minutes (including restoring from iCloud backup).

Both times have had Apple care, it's paid for itself.

OSI wrote: »
    Can ya swing by Belfast? Was up there at the weekend for the battery replacement program, phone was done in 2 hours.

It's a bit of a trek from Waterford, and properly up the walls with work unfortunately.

Advertisement