Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help, bought a new xbox

Options
  • 15-01-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

hi there,
    looking for some help here.
    bought a new xbox one s with fifa yesterday for son.
    problem is we set up a new profile and downloaded the digital copy of fifa under new tag. Lets call it TagOne.

However, he had a profile before on a 360 that we paid the xbox live membership for the year, call it Tag360

When he is signed in as Tag360 he cant play fifa as its connected to TagOne ??

Any help out there

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,247 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

hi there,
    looking for some help here.
    bought a new xbox one s with fifa yesterday for son.
    problem is we set up a new profile and downloaded the digital copy of fifa under new tag. Lets call it TagOne.

However, he had a profile before on a 360 that we paid the xbox live membership for the year, call it Tag360

When he is signed in as Tag360 he cant play fifa as its connected to TagOne ??

Any help out there

You have two options:

1. Log both tags in at the same time and you'll be able to play the game on either one.

2. Go into settings and make the console the "Home Xbox" of TagOne then you'll be able to play it on Tag360.

If nobody plans on using TagOne I'd just go with option one.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Was on to online chat support and he suggested signing in as tag 360 and making it the home Xbox. Sure we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the advice. It's a minefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Was on to online chat support and he suggested signing in as tag 360 and making it the home Xbox. Sure we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the advice. It's a minefield.

just keep an eye on it, while you can technically make as many tags as you want, the system treats these as idividual people. so when you redeem a download code, its assigned to that particular tag.

just keep an eye on it, while you can technically make as many tags as you want, the system treats these as idividual people. so when you redeem a download code, its assigned to that particular tag.

Tell me about it. He got 1 the 1 month EA access and redeemed that against tag360 as he has the live subscription for that profile.

Is there no way of assigning FIFA 17 to tag360, the original tag and just getting rid of tagOne ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tell me about it. He got 1 the 1 month EA access and redeemed that against tag360 as he has the live subscription for that profile.

Is there no way of assigning FIFA 17 to tag360, the original tag and just getting rid of tagOne ?

Give Microsoft a call is the only option I'd say, and even then, that's a real long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Make the xbox the home console for the tagOne. Continue using the tag360. I don't think you'll need to touch tagOne after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

erkifino wrote: »
    Make the xbox the home console for the tagOne. Continue using the tag360. I don't think you'll need to touch tagOne after that.

This.

tagOne wont even need to be logged into once it is set as the "Home console"
    The profile just needs to sit on the console once its set as Home console.

That's for all the replies. Will check the current settings and of not set under TagOne I will do that.

Advertisement