Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Looking forward to hopefully getting the Tomorrow Corporation games this month. Just looked and Shakedown Hawaii isn't out till next month (maybe), was hoping to get all four at the same time so I 'd have something for breaks from LoZ (which is just wishful thinking).

Me too, regarding the Tomorrow Corp games, I'm hoping for a nice low price too, maybe a tenner?
    Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Tomorrow Corp games up on the US Store this Thursday, for $9.99. They're still waiting on NoE in regards to going on the EU store but they'll be priced at €9.99 as well. A bundle isn't possible at the moment for some reason.
    We have been looking into bundling them somehow, but were told that it isn’t technically possible at the moment.

http://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/we-have-a-switch-release-date

I enjoyed Little Inferno and World of Goo, haven't played Human Resource Machine yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

There was a patch released to fix the colours on the Neo Geo games, looks really good now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tomorrow Corp games up on the US Store this Thursday, for $9.99. They're still waiting on NoE in regards to going on the EU store but they'll be priced at €9.99 as well. A bundle isn't possible at the moment for some reason.

http://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/we-have-a-switch-release-date

I enjoyed Little Inferno and World of Goo, haven't played Human Resource Machine yet though.

I'm a bit disappointed that they'll be a tenner each.
    I had hoped a bundle of older indie titles would come in a but cheaper than that.
    Probably €25 at this rate.

As a result, I'm only interested now in World of Goo, though I shudder to think that they've probably all been available via a Steam sale for less than €2 for the lot!

Edit: just checked, they are all a tenner each on Steam as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Think I have WoG on 3 platforms, Little Inferno on 2. I can't really justify getting them again, certainly not as stand-alone titles. That's an opportunity lost... how the hell, in this day and age, can Ninty still be running this limited, barely functioning store-front that was backward-seeming in the days of the Wii??? Why do we put up with this crap?

Oh yeah. Zelda :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is Binding of Isaac going to come in around the 40e mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

chrislad wrote: »
    Is Binding of Isaac going to come in around the 40e mark?

Could be - the bundle on steam is 35.97 : Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Could be - the bundle on steam is 35.97 : Linky

Cheers, I'll probably leave it then. I have it on Steam, so max I'd go would be about 20. I'll pick up Snipperclips instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

chrislad wrote: »
    Cheers, I'll probably leave it then. I have it on Steam, so max I'd go would be about 20. I'll pick up Snipperclips instead!
    I'm only guessing! It could be less

Edit : Apparently it's going to $40 in the US so I guess that'll translate to 40 yo-yos for us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sonic Mania has been delayed to the Summer. New 3D Sonic is now called Sonic Forces!

• Advertisement

Sonic Mania has been delayed to the Summer. New 3D Sonic is now called Sonic Forces!

More like Sonic Farces... Am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got a pro-controller so I think I'll pick up a couple of Neo Geo games now that I have a d-pad. Loved World Heroes Perfect back in the arcade days, but not so sure it's aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

But i wanna platform game nowwww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

noooo! i was looking forward to sonic mania :(

Got a pro-controller so I think I'll pick up a couple of Neo Geo games now that I have a d-pad. Loved World Heroes Perfect back in the arcade days, but not so sure it's aged well.

The standard controllers dpad is still good for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

EU store will have the Tomorrow Corporation games from the 23 of March (obviously you can get stuff from other regions easily enough though).

I will definitely buy that on the Switch, rather than PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It looks nice, but I just think Sonic in 3D still doesn't really work...

Well I like generations. Rest of them are complete rubbish though. They struggle to get fast movement in 3D down right. Or never even got it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

It's weird to me that people like sonic on rails rather than sonic in a free roaming 3d world.

• Advertisement

I suppose it is a bit like when they translated Super Metroid to 3d in the Prime trilogy.
    They took the core exploration and platforming, as well as combat, and added a dimension, not as simple as that, but that's what's failed in the Sonic titles again and again since the Megadrive, the high speed, frenetic Sonic gameplay, with secrets, music and colour, abandoned to cut scenes and the occasional level, replaced by gameplay that just keep stopping and starting, more like a Knuckles level writ large.
    Sonic Lost World was almost great, but was let down by terrible controls and level design... Sonic Colours/Generations seem to be the only recent efforts that have at least tried to make the grade, as opposed to Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bloodstained is cancelled on Wii U and will be coming to Switch instead. :)

http://nintendoeverything.com/bloodstained-officially-announced-for-switch-wii-u-version-cancelled/

Oh well. Still a year left to go anyway at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What ever happened to Kerbal Space Program? Is that making the move too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Well I like generations. Rest of them are complete rubbish though. They struggle to get fast movement in 3D down right. Or never even got it right.

I think even the good in Generations was a step-down from the back-to-basics (or, in 3D Sonic terms, finally getting the basics) approach of Colours. Colours gave you no nonsense for 5-ish hours and went "cheers for playing" at the end. Generations (console version) had a gimpy end-game and starts to reintroduce the gimmick bloat of 3D Sonic, like doing the 2D/3D split of classic and modern Sonic, but then modern Sonic still having 2D sections anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The Switch limited Edition of Disgaea 5 can be bought from here comes in at around 100 quid though

https://store.nisaeurope.com/products/disgaea-5-complete-limited-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Let them know that you want a physical release of Monster Boy for Switch and make sure to mention Europe in the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The Switch limited Edition of Disgaea 5 can be bought from here comes in at around 100 quid though

Do they take payment up front, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Do they take payment up front, do you know?

Yes they do unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yes they do unfortunately.

Thought so. Also where did you get that setsuna?

Advertisement