Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I hope some other company buys them up and gets all thier old ips, would love to play a good 2d castlevania with updated models and the like.

*whistles innocently*

Bloodstained-Ritual-of-the-Night-575x300.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,029 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Never say never! Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition is coming to the Nintendo Switch this Summer both digitally and physically!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8dE5Z5ErY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sligeach wrote: »
    Never say never! Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition is coming to the Nintendo Switch this Summer both digitally and physically!

I was literally thinking of this when you posted the Closed Nightmare one the other day, looked similarly like a dodgy 'interactive movie' / FMV 'game' type thing... Well, maybe not AS dodgy as Night Trap, but not far off it!

Another game on Switch that requires a micro SD card download. It detracts from the boxart too but I suppose they've to warn people of the fact. :mad:
    DbSCD1SWkAEY9-D?format=jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Wolfenstein-II-New-Colossus-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B077ZNDMST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The modern times we live in unfortunately. They should have done better with the box though.

It's a fantastic game. Some didn't rate it as high as The New Order but I preferred it. Didn't overstay it's welcome however a couple of areas felt slightly underutilised. Hopefully there's a third.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Another game on Switch that requires a micro SD card download. It detracts from the boxart too but I suppose they've to warn people of the fact. :mad:
    DbSCD1SWkAEY9-D?format=jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Wolfenstein-II-New-Colossus-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B077ZNDMST

I don't understand why people complain so much if the game requires the use of an SD card.

On both One and PS4 you need to install all games to the HDD before you can play. Is it just because this is new for Nintendo? Is it because you need to buy the SD Card? Nearly everyone I know who has an Xbox or PS4 also have one if not two external drives but you very rarely hear them complain about using one.

I'm not saying thats what your doing here because I'm getting the impression your more annoyed about the warning along the top of the box ruining the art style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I don't understand why people complain so much if the game requires the use of an SD card.

On both One and PS4 you need to install all games to the HDD before you can play. Is it just because this is new for Nintendo? Is it because you need to buy the SD Card? Nearly everyone I know who has an Xbox or PS4 also have one if not two external drives but you very rarely hear them complain about using one.

I'm not saying thats what your doing here because I'm getting the impression your more annoyed about the warning along the top of the box ruining the art style.

I imagine it's because it's an optional extra for the PS4/XB1, which come with at least 500gb, but it's an extra expense for the Switch. There aren't any games on those other consoles that require you to buy extra storage space. I can see how it's a little annoying that you could buy a Switch and a game, and not be able to play that game without buying an SD card also.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I imagine it's because it's an optional extra for the PS4/XB1, which come with at least 500gb, but it's an extra expense for the Switch. There aren't any games on those other consoles that require you to buy extra storage space. I can see how it's a little annoying that you could buy a Switch and a game, and not be able to play that game without buying an SD card also.

I've only 6 games on my PS4 and it's internal memory is full so I wouldn't say the external drive is an optional extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

64GB carts can't come soon enough tbh. I imagine it could have put some off, plus it absolutely ruins good boxart
    TitianGerm wrote:
    I've only 6 games on my PS4 and it's internal memory is full so I wouldn't say the external drive is an optional extra.

At the same time that is 6 more than a Switch can handle. 32 gigs isnt enough internal memory for any console; even 20GB for the 360 was paltry 12 years ago.

ERG89 wrote: »
    64GB carts can't come soon enough tbh. I imagine it could have put some off, plus it absolutely ruins good boxart

At the same time that is 6 more than a Switch can handle. 32 gigs isnt enough internal memory for any console; even 20GB for the 360 was paltry 12 years ago.

No I agree 32GB is small but you don't need to install all games to Switch if you have them on cart.

I have Zelda, Odyssey, MK8 and Bayonetta all on cart and not needing to install them on the console. All my PS4 and Xbox games need to be installed.

I did buy a 128GB SD card in the sales for less than €60 and I've barely scratched the surface on it.

I'd also give the Switch a bit off a pass on the internal memory as the price of the console was quite a bit less than that of the One and PS4 at launch.

• Advertisement

But there's no single game that won't work if you don't buy an external drive. You can choose to uninstall one of those 6 games and play a new one. On Switch, there are games that can't be played at all if you don't fork out for an SD card.

It doesn't bother me in the least cos I bought a large SD card, so I've lots of room, but I can definitely see how it could be annoying.

Hey Nintendo, PlatinumGames wants The Wonderful 101 on Switch
    And no, it didn't nearly close after Scalebound was cancelled.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-20-hey-nintendo-platinumgames-wants-the-wonderful-101-on-switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I don't get the fuss over carts, major inconvenience at best. SD cards are cheap and an industry standard. Plus it has been proven games load faster from SD card and you have all your games instantly available. And no waiting for the postman or having to travel to a store. Just 2 or 3 clicks in the eShop and you have it.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    But there's no single game that won't work if you don't buy an external drive. You can choose to uninstall one of those 6 games and play a new one. On Switch, there are games that can't be played at all if you don't fork out for an SD card.

It doesn't bother me in the least cos I bought a large SD card, so I've lots of room, but I can definitely see how it could be annoying.

What game won't play without an SD card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

jester77 wrote: »
    I don't get the fuss over carts, major inconvenience at best.

They can be, yes. But they have resale value. And you can easily share your carts with friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They can be, yes. But they have resale value. And you can easily share your carts with friends.

This for me. My son has a Switch, as do I. If I got all digital, which I prefer, he can't play anything I purchase, so unless I have no option, or it's a game he can't/won't play, I'll stick with the cart for those reasons.

Nintendo have great family services, bar this obvious one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm curious, what games are that big? I'm assuming your HDD is 500GB.

I was under the impression that Wolfenstein 2 wouldn't, but I may be wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Most will play without one, but the ones that recommend one are LA Noire, NBA 2K17, WWE 2K17, and the upcoming Wolfenstein, I imagines it's because they required 20gb+ downloads to get the full game experience. LA Noire, for example, only allows access to the first two cases without a download and because internal memory on the Switch is only about 29 gigs, they will take most of the storage

3 NEW Characters Revealed for Mario Tennis Aces in Preorder Bonus!
    (Birdo, Diddy, & Paratroopa!)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FZaP5Cy03GE

https://twitter.com/MARIOKARTGAMER2/status/987757169943760896/photo/1

Edit: Removed the embedded video as it shows the characters and some may consider it a spoiler.

• Advertisement

RUMOUR: Call of Duty ‘Battle Royale’ Coming to Nintendo Switch

https://gamingintel.com/2018/04/21/rumor-call-of-duty-battle-royale-coming-to-nintendo-switch/amp/

MIGHTY GUNVOLT BURST Ver. 1.4 - Official Trailer

The fourth major content update to Mighty Gunvolt Burst is here, and with it comes a brand new DLC playable character: Tenzou!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKyBKEn-5AA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I moved the Firmware exploit conversation to its own thread. This thread is for game news and releases.

It's time to start a revolution. The fight for freedom begins June 29 when #Wolf2 launches on #NintendoSwitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Day one purchase

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm strongly thinking of buying it for the much reduced price on the PS4 instead.
    I love Doom on the Switch as it's a technical marvel, but Wolfy 2?
    Is a GOTY edition?
    Will the DLC be included?
    If so it's far more tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I'm in Germany for work and I can't play that, please tell me it's not for the reason I think it is??? Surely the world has moved on to know this is a computer game not reality!?

In short: the best version of that game.

• Advertisement

lafors wrote: »
    I'm in Germany for work and I can't play that, please tell me it's not for the reason I think it is??? Surely the world has moved on to know this is a computer game not reality!?

Yes, it is because of the reason you're thinking. But it is strange, because that's the censored version. I don't know if it'll apply right across Europe. Here's the American version of the same video.

Wolfenstein II for Nintendo Switch to launch June 29!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSRDpRLcg0g

Spot the difference.

Advertisement