Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

None of those are available in Germany, Nintendo DE have a special version

https://youtu.be/Utj7_F970FU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,029 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

jester77 wrote: »
    None of those are available in Germany, Nintendo DE have a special version

https://youtu.be/Utj7_F970FU

That's the same footage as the first video I posted, just with German narration.

sligeach wrote: »
    That's the same footage as the first video I posted, just with German narration.

So, is the rest of Europe also getting the censored version, along with Germany?

South Park: The Fractured But Whole: Switch Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1hicf2zVkk

So, is the rest of Europe also getting the censored version, along with Germany?

To answer my own question, it looks like it is censored in Europe. Just checked out the gallery on the preorder page in the Irish eshop and the images have the regime flags.

• Advertisement

The first video was from Bethesda UK and it was censored, so that's not a good sign. I'm sure we've Nintendo of Europe's headquarters being in Germany to thank for this. Sites don't seem to have picked up on this just yet, if it is censored across the board, it won't go down well.

Edit: Was it censored all over Europe on the other platforms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The first video was from Bethesda UK and it was censored, so that's not a good sign. I'm sure we've Nintendo of Europe's headquarters being in Germany to thank for this. Sites don't seem to have picked up on this just yet, if it is censored across the board, it won't go down well.

Edit: Was it censored all over Europe on the other platforms?

Definitely wasn't censored on PC anyways!

Apparently the game is listed as being 13.8GB on the eShop. So it looks like Bethesda wouldn't even use a 16GB cartridge and instead went with an 8GB cartridge, forcing customers to download the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

It was censored in Europe, was only two scenes iirc, friend played both and said it didn’t make a difference to him at all. I’ve held off playing it in the hope it would come to switch. Buuuuut, I was hoping for the stick of truth too?

Is there a bundle for both?

D3F3CDFE-4A18-483F-A9C2-B7683B017767.jpeg

:D :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

South park is great on the Switch. Very good fit, looks as good as the ps4 version coz it's a cartoon !! And turn based means no panic with turning it on and off.

Makes me long for xcom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Danonino. wrote: »
    It was censored in Europe, was only two scenes iirc, friend played both and said it didn’t make a difference to him at all.

are you talking about south park or Wolfenstein?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Danonino. wrote: »
    It was censored in Europe, was only two scenes iirc, friend played both and said it didn’t make a difference to him at all. I’ve held off playing it in the hope it would come to switch. Buuuuut, I was hoping for the stick of truth too?

Is there a bundle for both?

D3F3CDFE-4A18-483F-A9C2-B7683B017767.jpeg

:D :pac: :D

Nope, Stick of Truth isn't getting a Switch release. It's a bit annoying that the PS4/Xbox One release has the first game as a bonus, but the Switch owners get it later (which is fine) but with reduced content (this is not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To answer my own question, it looks like it is censored in Europe. Just checked out the gallery on the preorder page in the Irish eshop and the images have the regime flags.

That's absolute nonsense, and I'm saying that as someone that had held off to get the Switch version! Think I'll just grab it cheaply on either PC or PS4 instead. Incredibly disappointing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Star Lord wrote: »
    That's absolute nonsense, and I'm saying that as someone that had held off to get the Switch version! Think I'll just grab it cheaply on either PC or PS4 instead. Incredibly disappointing!

or buy the US version?

or buy the US version?

Aaaaand I'd not even though of that completely valid option... :o

It's back on!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is the censoring of the swastika that big a deal? It's not a documentary or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Alternate time line Nazis. Even if they have a different symbol, there's no missing who they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's just a cross instead. Has zero impact on the game. No one playing playing Wolfy for it's realistic portrayal of history.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is the censoring of the swastika that big a deal? It's not a documentary or anything.

As someone that's been playing Wolfenstein since the very first one back in 1992, yes, it kinda is.
    (Discounting Castle Wolfenstein/Beyond Castle Wolfenstein, as the series really kicked off with Wolfenstein 3D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know that one other thing they changed which may annoy people is (I haven't played it so don't know how or when the scene occurs)
    they removed Hitler's moustache. Can see the comparison online

• Advertisement

I just read the small print in the eShop
    The international (non-German language) versions of “Wolfenstein® 2: The New Colossus” (the “Game”) include Nazi-related symbols and content. Therefore, the international versions of the Game and its related images and assets are not intended for Germany and Austria. Sale, import, export, or distribution may constitute a violation of local laws and regulation, including criminal law.

The version in the Irish/UK eshop has English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese as the supported languages, German is not in there. So maybe not censored, but why show the censored pictures in the gallery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Death Road To Canada may be getting a delayed release out of respect for the victims of the recent attack in Toronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

are you talking about south park or Wolfenstein?

Oh dang my bad, was talking about south park. Ignore me ha ha

Sonic Mania Plus Release Date Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATRBrixJNY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

It's nice that Mighty and Ray have their own abilities, rather than just be carbon copies of Sonic and Tails ability-wise, respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

OSI wrote: »
    Wow, they're bringing back Mighty and Ray? Very obscure characters to be using as a selling point.

From my recollection, I'd say they do have a cult following as a result of their obscurity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€5 for existing digital customers to get the DLC. That's pretty decent value for 2 new characters, remixed stages, 4 player modes and time trial ghosts.

Salt mills at the ready.

Rumor: Nintendo's E3 Booth Could Revolve Around Super Smash Bros., Pokemon

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/25/nintendo-e3-booth-super-smash-bros-pokemon-switch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Salt mills at the ready.

Huh? Two of Nintendo's biggest and most popular franchises? What's there to be annoyed about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Huh? Two of Nintendo's biggest and most popular franchises? What's there to be annoyed about?

I think it refers to taking these rumours with a pinch of salt until officially announced.

Advertisement