Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,028 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Switch has a reversible cover.
    DbznOPfW4AEGWxC?format=jpg

I just looked at the back of the Wii U cover to see what we got.
    SBC_spc-37008.gif

;)

Good Lord that cover is gigantic, I'll fix it in a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is that a foot of a Kong frozen in ice

To quote yourself.
    Late news - already reported in the appropriate thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106826773&postcount=3028

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Fingers crossed.

Not really a sonic fan, but It'd be nice for those that are, to see him in form.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Celebrate The World's Game in EA SPORTS FIFA 18 with the addition of football’s biggest tournament: the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia. Available to FIFA 18 owners through a free* content update on May 29, the FIFA World Cup lets you experience the greatest tournament on Earth through authentic gameplay, teams, stadiums, and more.

FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team

Play the most popular mode in FIFA 18, now with a fresh FIFA World Cup experience. Thanks to a revised chemistry system, FIFA World Cup ICONS, and dynamic player items related to the real-world tournament, FIFA World Cup Ultimate team lets you build your dream international squad.

*FIFA WORLD CUP CONTENT AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD MAY 29TH. INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR GAME UPDATES, INCLUDING FIFA WORLD CUP CONTENT.

SEE APPLICABLE DISCLOSURES ON http://www.ea.com/legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I think I'm done with FIFA. Really enjoyed it, sank about 70 hours into it. But I'm done with it until next years version. Hopefully it will have online multiplayer with friends. My only gripe with this years version was that it lacked this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think I'm done with FIFA. Really enjoyed it, sank about 70 hours into it. But I'm done with it until next years version. Hopefully it will have online multiplayer with friends. My only gripe with this years version was that it lacked this.

Free World Cup update on the way might rope you back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

manual_man wrote: »

That's very good news, do they do that with modern versions of fifa? Used to be whole new game for world cups, might get this if I can find it somewhere cheapish.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I think they used to sell poorly and equally review poorly. Perhaps they're trying something different to increase sales of the base game.

• Advertisement

Angry Over Busted Switch, Guy Files Class-Action Suit Against Third-Party Dock Maker

https://kotaku.com/angry-over-bricked-switch-guy-files-class-action-suit-1825653185

CAPCOM E3 WEBSITE LISTS MYSTERIOUS TITLE FOR NINTENDO SWITCH

https://nintendosoup.com/capcom-e3-website-lists-mysterious-title-for-nintendo-switch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That's very good news, do they do that with modern versions of fifa? Used to be whole new game for world cups, might get this if I can find it somewhere cheapish.

I'm not sure if they've done it in other World Cup years. Only once every four years obviously! Good that they're doing it anyway

Notice: Wii U version of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze removed from eShop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/8g1l32/notice_wii_u_version_of_donkey_kong_country/

I'll save judgement for now, but you can make up your own mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

How many people are going to buy the Wii U version realistically? If you've bought it you can still access it.

Why delete it then? And now, right as the Switch version is about to release. It was €25 on Wii U, little to no work done, but now it's back up to €60 on Switch. You can buy it for less than €20 physically on Wii U. I checked the Wii U eShop, it's gone. I know what I want to call this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a MASSIVE audience for it. A lot of Switch owners (arguably most of them) won't have had a Wii U so it will be new for them. It will make a lot of money.

I had it so I won't be buying it again unless it drops to less than €30 (which should be around 6 months from now).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sligeach wrote: »
    Why delete it then? And now, right as the Switch version is about to release. It was €25 on Wii U, little to no work done, but now it's back up to €60 on Switch. You can buy it for less than €20 physically on Wii U. I checked the Wii U eShop, it's gone. I know what I want to call this.
    Yeah it's a ****ty move if it's true

There is no defending it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

naughtb4 wrote: »

There is no defending it

Nintendo ensuring people don't buy the wrong version by mistake? :)

manual_man wrote: »

Na it's just another cup mode. Nothing major. Gonna focus on other games instead for the next while. Almost finished Mario + Rabbids, just bought South Park and Donkey Kong is out next week.

• Advertisement

I think we might get some big news or announcement today. No sources, no rumours, just have a feeling. 1st May, start of a new month, a month before E3. There is the online details coming at some point this month but it's been very quiet this year in terms of big news.

Cue, nothing happening whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

What do you expect !! there has been numerous annoucments of games over the few months but nothing "big" enough for you. Its no different than xbone or ps4 for the most part.Labo was announced and released,whether you want to admit it or not that is big it might not interest you but its big, dark souls Crash ,I think was this year as well etc change the bloody record at this point! :rolleyes:
    sligeach wrote: »
    naughtb4 wrote: »

There is no defending it
    I dont see the issue ,if you havent bought it by now on wiiu dl why would it matter :confused: you can get in in stores or online anyway and still be able to sell it on. "little to no work" might be true ,but you have no idea really whats involved in porting or work carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pure sneaky to do it as its a budget title and over 4 years old now so it looks bad that they are charging full whack for a minimal effort port.
    Hopefully those who have it purchased digitally on WiiU can still redownload if they need to as this came with no warning.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Pure sneaky to do it as its a budget title and over 4 years old now so it looks bad that they are charging full whack for a minimal effort port.
    Hopefully those who have it purchased digitally on WiiU can still redownload if they need to as this came with no warning.

This is the crap people have been warning about with digital dl's ! fair enough the system is still "active" but eventually it wont be,its only a problem because someone wants it to be a problem ,it probably hasnt sold a copy on the wiiu since last year anyway :pac:
    Anyway the above is no different to the games that every other console/publishers have been re-releasing at inflated prices for a years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

geotrig wrote:
    This is the crap people have been warning about with digital dl's ! fair enough the system is still "active" but eventually it wont be,its only a problem because someone wants it to be a problem ,it probably hasnt sold a copy on the wiiu since last year anyway Anyway the above is no different to the games that every other console/publishers have been re-releasing at inflated prices for a years now.

But unlike when the Wii eShop closed Nintendo did not tell people it was going away, they did it hoping nobody would notice. I'm sure Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends & Bayonetta 2 are still on the WiiU eShop so why take off this? Probably cause it's twice as expensive. Sony or Microsoft never removed Gears of War or Uncharted cause they know people will buy the remakes as they made graphical changes to them or sold them as a collection. Not just here's a funky kong easy mode for the kids to play if they get stuck.
    Do some still blindly back Nintendo even when they use ****ty business practices everyone else gets judged for?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't Nintendo usually pull games for firmware exploits? Could be something in that. Pretty lousy if it's just the price thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    But unlike when the Wii eShop closed Nintendo did not tell people it was going away, they did it hoping nobody would notice. I'm sure Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends & Bayonetta 2 are still on the WiiU eShop so why take off this? Probably cause it's twice as expensive. Sony or Microsoft never removed Gears of War or Uncharted cause they know people will buy the remakes as they made graphical changes to them or sold them as a collection. Not just here's a funky kong easy mode for the kids to play if they get stuck.
    Do some still blindly back Nintendo even when they use ****ty business practices everyone else gets judged for?
    :rolleyes:

Maybe it's not meant to have been taken down? I saw on Reddit that a lot of people from other regions were saying it's still on their stores.

But according to the reddit thread its still in europe etc ? so whats the issue ? its seems to be removed from the US only. If it was a conspiracy as some would have you believe why not remove it from all eshops and shops ! you know there are games removed from the eu eshop,"as not available now " that can be bought on others still and thats on the switch ,do i really care that they are removed ,short answer is no ,it doesnt affect me as i buy physical where possible.

I dont blindly back nintendo or any of these company's they all get alot wrong but this is making an issue for issue sake for some. It could be re-added next week for all we know or not ...but it doesnt make a difference as it the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Could be as simple as someone pressing the wrong Donkey Kong button when it came to launching it on the digital store for the Switch.

• Advertisement

How many people does this actually affect? The game is still available on disk for Wii U. I would imagine it's a very small number the amount of people who were waiting on it to drop in price further digitally on that system.
    Don't get the fuss.

Advertisement