Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,028 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I checked the Wii U eShop yesterday and DKC: TF was gone. Checked this morning and it's back up. I don't know why it happened, it could be for any number of reasons. Maybe it was a mistake or perhaps they seen that it was blowing into an almighty $h1t storm, didn't want the bad publicity before the Switch version arrives and so put it back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sligeach wrote: »
    I checked the Wii U eShop yesterday and DKC: TF was gone. Checked this morning and it's back up. I don't know why it happened, it could be for any number of reasons. Maybe it was a mistake or perhaps they seen that it was blowing into an almighty $h1t storm, didn't want the bad publicity before the Switch version arrives and so put it back up.

Probably just a mistake. Nintendo are not usually open to outside advice after all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You're not taking back the mean things you said then?
    Ah go on... go on go on go on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

sligeach wrote:
    perhaps they seen that it was blowing into an almighty $h1t storm, didn't want the bad publicity before the Switch version arrives and so put it back up.

What **** storm? The ****storm in a teacup?

Sounds more like a conspiracy theory to me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't think a minority of a niche to begin with are going to make enough waves to affect such decisions.
    I mean, people have been hollering for a FZero GX follow up for a lot longer than that and it hasn't spurred Nintendo into action as a result.

Don't assume malevolence and evil when incompetence and error are almost always the culprits.

• Advertisement

Grassey wrote: »
    Sounds more like a conspiracy theory to me!

Aye.... Nintendo are definitely up to some kind of shenanigans.

eird-al-yankovic-tin-foil-hat-160x160.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Is Tropical Freeze any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

and on top of that, is it €60 good?

(I'm thinking of buying it as I've not played it before but not for a stupid price).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

£40 on Amazon, tempted by that

The Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze review embargo has elapsed.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/critic-reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

It's an absolute top tier 2d platformer. Up there with Nintendo's best in my opinion, offering great controls, beautiful visuals, brilliant level design and an excellent David Wise soundtrack.

If you're in anyway a fan of platformers it should be on your buy list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    £40 on Amazon, tempted by that

Yea that seems a great price. Even if you played it for two weeks you'd probably get more as a trade in against another game in GameStop at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

If you pre order Tropical Freeze in smyths it's €45. No need to be paying €60 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Very tempted by South Park and Tropical Freeze for €85 in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

OSI wrote: »
    How you managing South Park for €40?

If you spend over €100 in smyths at the moment you get €20 off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

OSI wrote: »
    How you managing South Park for €40?

Tropical Freeze is 49.99 (not preordered) plus South Park for 54.99 = 104.98

Take €20 off as per latest Smyths offer = 84.98:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i had it on the wii u, hence wont be buying again, but its excellent if you have enjoyed any other DKC game you will enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tropical Freeze is 49.99 (not preordered) plus South Park for 54.99 = 104.98

Take €20 off as per latest Smyths offer = 84.98:D

If I wasn't skint, I'd be all over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Rhyme wrote: »
    and on top of that, is it €60 good?

(I'm thinking of buying it as I've not played it before but not for a stupid price).

It's billion dollar good. DK: TF Bopopolis is my vote for best 2D platforming level in history.

US will consider blocking imports of Nintendo Switch
    It's not very likely to happen -- but the International Trade Commission is investigating Nintendo.

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-gamevice-investigation-us-international-trade-commission/

• Advertisement

SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy - Sylvie & Zarina Take the Stage! - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sc71WDKePs

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze – Meet the Kongs: Diddy Kong – Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnyGFuUdFBc

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Meet the Kongs: Dixie Kong - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REj6uj9n6Vk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nicalis? Boo! Expect to pay €60 for Ikaruga with some cheap tat like cards and stickers. And about 1,000 copies printed. Why don't Nintendo step in and publish some of these games? They did it a couple of times with Indies on Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nicalis? Boo! Expect to pay €60 for Ikaruga with some cheap tat like cards and stickers. And about 1,000 copies printed. Why don't Nintendo step in and publish some of these games? They did it a couple of times with Indies on Wii U.

Read the article, dude.

Nicalis games have been broadly pretty cheap as physical copies, I've several and they were all around €30 or less, and always worth the money, to me at least.
    Ikaruga I already have on my GC, physical obviously, and the 360, digital. I have a "version" for the DC as well.
    The Switch edition is a day one purchase.

If a person can't see how important a game like Ikaruga is they should probably reconsider their choice of hobby.
    Ikaruga, in the shoot'em up genre, is equivalent to OoT or Super Mario World, and stands alongside Raiden Dx and Gradius V.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Instabuy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Sligeach negativity, boo!

• Advertisement

FTC Gives Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony 30 Days to Remove Warranty-Voiding Stickers

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/xbox-switch-playstation-warranty-illegal-1202794201/

Advertisement