Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

Corholio wrote: »

From that:
    ...the ability to play using either a horizontal or vertical screen orientation (often known as TATE mode) on Nintendo Switch.

That's actually a really nice feature, perfectly tailored to the Switch. I remember when it first released that people were turning their old CRT screens sideways to play in portrait mode. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,028 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

sligeach wrote: »
    I think we might get some big news or announcement today. No sources, no rumours, just have a feeling. 1st May, start of a new month, a month before E3. There is the online details coming at some point this month but it's been very quiet this year in terms of big news.

Cue, nothing happening whatsoever.

Maybe this'll happen tomorrow, wasn't the Switch announced the same day as Red Dead Redemption 2? Nintendo might have a grudge against Rockstar and announce something awesome to deflect attention from the RDR2 Trailer tomorrow ! Your sligeach-sense could be just off by a day! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

From that:

That's actually a really nice feature, perfectly tailored to the Switch. I remember when it first released that people were turning their old CRT screens sideways to play in portrait mode. :eek:

I have an old Phillips 25" on it's side in my gamesroom.
    It's got the PS/PS2/360/GC and DC hooked up to it so I can play those systems vertically scrolling shmups in Tate mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have an old Phillips 25" on it's side in my gamesroom.
    It's got the PS/PS2/360/GC and DC hooked up to it so I can play those systems vertically scrolling shmups in Tate mode.

You need to take one of those Google 360 photos of your gamesroom and out it up for us to be in awe of.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

fixxxer wrote: »
    You need to take one of those Google 360 photos of your gamesroom and out it up for us to be in awe of.

I think I have a panorama here on my phone, just awkward to post it up here....

And it's a messy messy place right now!

Actually, it's tidier now, after a good removal of packaging and waste from various deliveries

My retro gear is up there, with the current stuff down at the 55" flat panel in the living room.

4cmd_qeuyNQQQRB5yiBqAm3ASSGnxgaFlODQjvHfe8xyTG4OZKI-k3m-bY7nUX1pgqdqZ8VzMIjd3WFI1Nygo8jylOKFQqjR0OI8fnfosowKoqTIY7eWeOmoivZVkk7vj5hf6p-oMz0JX0BYokjzZ7xFciExVEmXfIx5tw2clcJupXAgWIjQdwra2vlWZotHnYdSlIjxPTDD9LK3OVf3LNWICE4wL0prO6iPw_dQFQwimy2-DgQ0Nt5AP_R4OMyYIM_jvFA3un7NNYOkZPzNS9CytoQ46Ik8hKOerY76UyzNaMB7jw_WqwnPBAEg81WZ-iFAa9V4_ARL4Kur5VjLJh6W5UcFZwWid7v5XiyCkNRIGFK_MtyK7EAG1ADrkcgcFLBD_ZLdAR_JWduEMITkqXD7R3_EEnt-dQOhvM9mujA1vt44vHhuDKgtWDHte5j3LieTjfG6-JIcny4hFee-qUJaFfZj-zwGfNaXuACdGOrQowYfQTs-w_HSsC8SsfG1o4ow8kk9m8Hr7BuZrnnlrHtNkwrOFoIZs3HD3Wz7oF_EYe25ua9QDs-aGfEukZ5M7XJQm-Te0LgiutNISNj7JeCCpvVUcPDje-LVoAUF=w1681-h376-no

Google translation:

"Rainy Frog announced that distribution software for Nintendo Switch " secret evolution " will be distributed on May 17, 2018. Forever Entertainment, the Polish studio, is responsible for development. The price will be 500 yen [including tax].

The purpose of this work is to grow small microorganisms and gradually evolve into a huge beautiful aquatic life. While exploring the deep sea, it will absorb nutritional ingredients, and if it runs out of food, it will evolve by attacking other creatures. The direction of evolution is determined by what you eat, the red element (nutrient) is a quick and aggressive "carnivorous creature", the green element is slow to move but the meal quickly "herbivorous creatures" The blue element can be "omnivorous creature" of "carnivorous" and "herbivorous". It also awaits a battle with mega-creatures on the way. In this work "competitive mode" is also equipped, if you ingest more elements than enemies will be victory. Let's evolve into the world's largest aquatic life among the unique world view and healing BGM."

https://famitsu.com/news/201805/02156767.html

Introduction to Secret Evolution

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yhzhwkQPVfc

It's made by Rainy Frog who've made other games for Switch in the West, so it should be a matter of time before a Western announcement is made.

EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 - 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ Coming to Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1MG8Z6qfdk

• Advertisement

Contrary to some reports it seems Ikaruga is going to be a mere $15 in the States, so that should translate to a handy €15 hereabouts.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/05/ikaruga_will_be_dual-phasing_to_switch_later_this_month

This is going to be epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had it on the Gamecube and 360. I'm afraid to say that I don't get the love for it. It's OK, but I don't think I'll triple dip.

The Fall: Nintendo Switch Edition Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSKo4z1Bqmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Tropical Freeze is showing as Out Of Stock for click n collect on all Symths stores - is it really going to be that popular that it’s sold out already?

Little Nightmares Complete Edition - Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F68eUDRwAqw

AMGer wrote: »
    Tropical Freeze is showing as Out Of Stock for click n collect on all Symths stores - is it really going to be that popular that it’s sold out already?

Top seller on Amazon right now:

449917.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Also out of stock on Amazon...

I have to wonder why?
    I mean, it's a decent game but I wouldn't have classed it as that good a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have to wonder why?

Probably a lot of Switch owners who didn't have a Wii U buying it.

Also a lot of the talk pre Kirby release was how easy it was whereas all I've been hearing about DKTF is that it's quite though. Maybe people held off on Kirby to get this instead?

It's tough if you don't use Funky Kong.

Is DKC: Tropical Freeze Worth $60? - Post Review DISCUSSION

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4rg3_wZoIPE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Balls, I watched 5 minutes of that video and I don't recognise many of those levels. I know I had it on Wii U but I can't remember how much I played of it. Mustn't have been much.

Another one for the wishlist I think. :rolleyes:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Probably a lot of Switch owners who didn't have a Wii U buying it.

I'd say a lot of people who do own a Wii U and missed it first time will be buying it too. (Myself included.)

I couldn't find total sales figures (didn't look too hard, tbh), but looking at the top selling games on Wii U, DKTF didn't even make that list. Means it sold less than 1m.

Hopefully it sees great sales on Switch; early indications point to that anyway.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Also a lot of the talk pre Kirby release was how easy it was whereas all I've been hearing about DKTF is that it's quite though. Maybe people held off on Kirby to get this instead?

Maybe Wii U owners are just soft and were put off by the difficulty. :p

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - Character Highlight Series Trailer #4 - Nintendo Switch
    In part four of this Character Highlight series, check out these beloved characters from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Cut down enemy hordes as Legend of Zelda characters – in full 1080p TV mode – or in two-player mode on one system! Pick your favorite Legend of Zelda character to play as from Agitha, Zant, Midna, Twili Midna, Toon Zelda, and 25 others. The choice is yours!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pZbgiBzYLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I have to wonder why?

Donkey Kong must be Nintendos second biggest ip. Lots of switch owners haven't had a Nintendo since the snes (maybe a Wii bit they only ever played Wii sports on it) and remember the original games. Nostalgia I suppose is the answer.
    P. S I think it's a great game, and I have unfinished business with it. I would of got that and another game for the 20 euro off when spending 100 in smyths if they had it in stock.

I have it on the shelf, leering at me, as I gave up after wasting a fortnight on a boss.
    I don't know if I can go through that shame again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

DK is the best first party platformer on the Wii U. It does nothing wrong. It's tough but not ridiculously so. Just takes time to learn a few of the harder stages and bosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I have it on the shelf, leering at me, as I gave up after wasting a fortnight on a boss.
    I don't know if I can go through that shame again!

That's what happened me with tropical freeze on the Wii U. Rage sold it and its plagued me ever since. I will buy it on switch, I will finish it and I won't use Funky.
    I'm funny with game completion. I'm stuck on the second last level in mario and rabbits. If takes about a half hour each time bit I won't move on till I do it. My gaming life has been on hold for a long time now. I refuse to use easy mode. I've been stuck on it so long I don't even remember the story anymore.
    My advise.... Go back and finish it or you'll never have peace. NEVER I tell you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

iamtony wrote: »
    Donkey Kong must be Nintendos second biggest ip. Lots of switch owners haven't had a Nintendo since the snes (maybe a Wii bit they only ever played Wii sports on it) and remember the original games. Nostalgia I suppose is the answer.
    P. S I think it's a great game, and I have unfinished business with it. I would of got that and another game for the 20 euro off when spending 100 in smyths if they had it in stock.

I'm sure they will have it in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

iamtony wrote:
    I've been stuck on it so long I don't even remember the story anymore.
    Snipers and the movement attack special. And some. Lucky placements. Pretty sure that how I did it last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Y'all should beat DK: TF, beat the bonus stages and then we can all join some sort of support group for people that get goosebumps whenever someone mentions the 'Bopopolis' level.

Advertisement