Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,028 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Walmart Canada leaked a whole pile of games on their website about a week ago that are due for release this year, included were Smash Bros., Metroid Prime 4 and NBA2K19 on Switch. They blamed it on a technical glitch.
    “Walmart experienced a technical glitch that allowed certain items to be posted to our website for a short period of time,” Anika Malik, director of corporate affairs for Walmart Canada, told Motherboard in an email. “The items posted were speculative in nature and only game publishers can confirm the announcement of a release. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Like the gaming community, Walmart looks forward with anticipation to those announcements.”

They didn't deny that it was legit. Anyway, one of the games listed turns out is real and has now had a teaser trailer shown, Rage 2 from Bethesda, you never know, they might port it to Switch eventually. I still don't believe Metroid Prime 4 has any chance of coming out this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Ah Rage - that was a bit of craic back in the day!

RUMOUR: RETRO STUDIOS WORKING ON STAR FOX: GRAND PRIX FOR NINTENDO SWITCH
    star-fox-grand-prix-logo.jpg

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/rumour-retro-studios-working-on-star-fox-grand-prix-for-nintendo-switch/

Whatever about this rumour, I think Star Fox Zero will get an enhanced port. Miyamoto won't like the taste of defeat, they should fix the controls and add in online multiplayer. It should have been in the Wii U version but they didn't give a $h1t, they might now.

Iron Galaxy Studios, the company behind the Skyrim port to Switch, may have just let slip that they're working on a port of Fortnite on Switch.
    Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other indie developer. Our best known creative works are, the critically acclaimed Killer Instinct, and Divekick; which are complimented by our technically superb Fornite and Skyrim switch ports. We are looking for an inspiring self-starter to join our Iron Galaxy family and embrace the leadership role of Director of Game Design.

http://irongalaxy.applytojob.com/apply/sfNwSDeWkr/Director-Of-Game-Design-Chicago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I would be shocked it it wasn't announced at E3. My son is chomping at the bit for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Eurogamer saying they have heard similar about the Star Fox racing game from their 'sources'. The weird thing is it was more or less worked out for the past 2 weeks on forums such as Resetera that it may be a Star Fox racer of some kind from hints dropped from people like Emily on there, and now it's picked up momentum. It's an unusual turn for Retro if true but their quality is hard to argue with so it's best to wait and see. The slight sour taste in the mouth possibly is why not just resurect F-Zero instead of mixing IP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Corholio wrote: »
    Eurogamer saying they have heard similar about the Star Fox racing game from their 'sources'. The weird thing is it was more or less worked out for the past 2 weeks on forums such as Resetera that it may be a Star Fox racer of some kind from hints dropped from people like Emily on there, and now it's picked up momentum. It's an unusual turn for Retro if true but their quality is hard to argue with so it's best to wait and see. The slight sour taste in the mouth possibly is why not just resurect F-Zero instead of mixing IP's.

Eurogamer always had a bit of Neogaf news 24 hours after to it but 2 weeks is slack :pac::pac:

Corholio wrote: »

I think brand identity might be coming into play there - Star Fox is probably more identifiable than F-Zero at this point. With a Star Fox game, you can look at it and know it's a Star Fox game. At this stage (14 years since the last installment), F-Zero might just look like another futuristic racer, a clone of Fast RMX even.

But as you say, "wait and see"... all just conjecture at this stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That would be the info that it is multiplayer only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nintendo is trademarking STARFOX, F-ZERO, PIKMIN, YOSHI'S ISLAND, ART STYLE and FLIPNOTE STUDIO

- Nintendogs
    - The Legendary Starfy
    - Sin & Punishment
    - Flipnote Studio
    - Art Style
    - Yoshi's Island
    - Pikmin
    - F-Zero
    - StarFox
    - Smash Bros. logo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-is-trademarking-starfox-f-zero-pikmin-yoshis-island-art-style-and-flipnote-studio.42523/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Starfy could be very interesting, I have it on the DS, a very nice platformer, could be a dark horse if they do something brave with it as a proper 3D platformer, certainly would be good company for Kirby and that demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

New Mario Aces trailer. Better look at the Story Mode. It's looking quite impressive so far. The Online Test Tournament looks like it could be from the 1st-3rd June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo is trademarking STARFOX, F-ZERO, PIKMIN, YOSHI'S ISLAND, ART STYLE and FLIPNOTE STUDIO

- Nintendogs
    - The Legendary Starfy
    - Sin & Punishment
    - Flipnote Studio
    - Art Style
    - Yoshi's Island
    - Pikmin
    - F-Zero
    - StarFox
    - Smash Bros. logo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-is-trademarking-starfox-f-zero-pikmin-yoshis-island-art-style-and-flipnote-studio.42523/

Is Yoshi Island the new Yoshi game that was shown previously? Or had that another title?

I always wanted to try Pikman so hopefully a new one is released.

I'd say a Pikmin 3 port is a sure thing, they'd be mental not to release that to the wider Switch audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Emily Rogers saying we'll get Pokemon Switch announcement coming this month
    https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/random-thoughts-5-15-2018/

Pokemon Switch could be the biggest game on the planet come Christmas, and the console the hottest bit of tech for the holidays as well.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Emily Rogers saying we'll get Pokemon Switch announcement coming this month
    https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/random-thoughts-5-15-2018/
    200w.gif

I seen that this morning but refused to acknowledge it. Joe Merrick(Serebii) is a truly, arrogant, obnoxious, conceited g0b$h!t€.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    200w.gif

I seen that this morning but refused to acknowledge it. Joe Merrick(Serebii) is a truly, arrogant, obnoxious, conceited g0b$h!t€.

Steady on, you'll alienate most of your audience! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Pokemon Switch could be the biggest game on the planet come Christmas, and the console the hottest bit of tech for the holidays as well.

A Fortnite port would be even bigger, absolute juggernaut that is.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    A Fortnite port would be even bigger, absolute juggernaut that is.

It's a game I know nothing about, that and PUBG, complete mysteries and I can't find it in myself to get interested!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's a game I know nothing about, that and PUBG, complete mysteries and I can't find it in myself to get interested!

Don't really play it myself but my eldest two are hooked on it (well, when I let them play it anyway). It's actually fairly decent if you can get good at the building part of it - don't have the patience myself. :pac:

I'd imagine a big part of it's success is also down to the fact it's free to play (once you have an online sub).

Octopath Traveler - Paths of Ritual and Research Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfWPqUDnvnA

Wizard of Legend Launch Trailer - Co-op Spell-Slinging Action - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc-gY8jQ-WU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That looks excellent. Out today too. :)

Battle Chasers: Nightwar Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3KmbzLlOEc

airfly-pic-1.jpg

THERE’S NOW A WAY TO USE AIR PODS WITH NINTENDO SWITCH

https://nintendosoup.com/theres-now-a-way-to-use-air-pods-with-nintendo-switch/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Cool in theory but so ungainly. Depending on weight it might be a no go for on the go /tabletop and it's pointless in docked (unless you can blend audio for chat?)

Advertisement