Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,028 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

2 NEW Secret Mario Tennis Aces Characters Possibly Revealed via Japanese Website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIFSpDIQaP4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yonder looks good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Assuming The Banner Saga is out on the 17th of May, does anyone know if the EU Store updates around midnight? Wouldn't mind getting the download started so it's ready to go when I head off for my morning commute.

Doesn't get much more Japanese than this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

New Pokemon sounds underwhelming if these leaks are true. Pokemon Go being involved was probably a better idea at the start of development as Go ain't as popular as it used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

I still to this day don't get pokemon or does it appeal to me in anyway , maybe its never been really aimed at me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

ERG89 wrote: »

New Pokemon sounds underwhelming if these leaks are true. Pokemon Go being involved was probably a better idea at the start of development as Go ain't as popular as it used to be.

It depends on how it's integrated. It could be a case where you can share items between the games, which is fine, but it should be an optional thing, rather than something forced.

Gaming startup Wonder is building an Android-powered Nintendo Switch competitor
    The Los Angeles-based company is making a smartphone and dock combo for both mobile and high-end gaming

Wonder_Livingroom_Preview.0.jpeg

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/16/17356904/wonder-gaming-android-smartphone-console-mobile-hybrid-pc-games-platform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I won’t be buying that Pokémon game if it integrates with Pokémon Go. I played PoGo for a long time but just got so completely bored of it. I don’t need it back.

• Advertisement

Review of Hyrule Warriors:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/hyrule_warriors_definitive_edition

It's Nintendo Life, so pinch of salt with that score.

Nintendo introduces new ways for fans to have fun at E3

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nintendo-introduces-new-ways-for-fans-to-have-fun-at-e3

Smash Bros. is mentioned a couple of times, but no indication if it's new or a port. Their wording is definitely careful and by design.

A world without chocolate? In Nazi-ruled America, such tasty guilty pleasures are illegal. Seems like Ronnie just can't help himself. #Wolf2 #NintendoSwitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Couldn't give a shíte about Pokémon. Interested to see if they can achieve success with a console title. Hope it's a success anyway, simply for the reason a larger console install base will mean more 3rd party titles on Switch

Experience the stunning legend of Okami on Nintendo Switch on August 9th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sligeach wrote: »
    Experience the stunning legend of Okami on Nintendo Switch on August 9th!

The rumours are that Japan will get a physical release straight off the bat. It's a day 1 purchase for me regardless of the circumstances.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I own Okami too many times already!
    PS2, PS3, PS4 and Wii, not to mention the semi-sequel on the DS!
    And I haven't finished any of them!

As for Pokemon on the Switch, I would imagine that the Pokemon Go element will be like the Pokemon Walker element in Soul Silver and Heart Gold, as in you can use it but you don't have to.
    I'll be far more interested if this game is played in a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 style, with a massive overworld based on the handheld titles coupled with the turn based battles of those games too, or will it be more like Monster Hunter, with a party going to battle.

Rhyme wrote: »
    The rumours are that Japan will get a physical release straight off the bat. It's a day 1 purchase for me regardless of the circumstances.

It's not a rumour, they're getting a tonne of options, while the West will be lucky if the game comes on a cartridge. It's Capcom so you can't trust them.

https://www.dualshockers.com/okami-hd-nintendo-switch-screenshots/

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Parts of the game turn into little stories with new gameplay vignettes. Slows down the game so turns a lot of people off (the section around the
    demon boat from spaaaaaace
    in particular).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

The Switch version will likely be my first time playing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    It's not a rumour, they're getting a tonne of options, while the West will be lucky if the game comes on a cartridge. It's Capcom so you can't trust them.

https://www.dualshockers.com/okami-hd-nintendo-switch-screenshots/

Honest to creamed rice Sligeach, you waaay over personalise these things.

Is there really a Capcom exec rubbing his/her hands together with glee at an opportunity to bring you misery?
    I mean, you don't own the Switch so why worry?
    I own a Switch and don't mind in the least.

Same. If there is a physical copy on or near release, I'll snag it. If there isn't, I'll go digital. No big drama.

If there is a rumour of a physical release a few months after the digital, I'll stick with digital. For better or for worse, sickness or in health, digital or cartridge, I do take thee Okami to be my lawfully played summer game.

The Switch version will likely be my first time playing it.

You lucky dog!

In truth it feels like a combination of PS2 era DmC type gaming and LoZ.
    And even the original still looks gorgeous, the art style is timeless.
    So many PS2 games have aged terribly, but this one really is stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Unpopular opinion: Okami is not a good game and I really don't understand the fuss it gets.

The Banner Saga on Switch is great and anyone who thinks that would like a game with elements of Final Fantasy Tactic/Disgaea and Telltale games should give it a go. It suits mobile Switch mode perfectly. I had intended to get the Vita version but they sadly pulled the plug on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only played Okami on Wii and tell people it's the best non Zelda Zelda game.
    Got the hd version on PS Plus and a move controller which I may play some day.
    I'm surprised there's been no port of Okamiden

Honest to creamed rice Sligeach, you waaay over personalise these things.

Is there really a Capcom exec rubbing his/her hands together with glee at an opportunity to bring you misery?
    I mean, you don't own the Switch so why worry?

Can you name all the new games Capcom have brought to Switch please? I can name a number of ports and collections, they're not all fully on a cartridge. They can't even put the Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 fully on cartridge, a 4GB cartridge for crying out loud. Resident Evil: Revelations Collection, need I explain? I could list their games, but I'm sure you know them as well as I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

they havent exaxtly flooded the market with other titles for other consoles either !

• Advertisement

Yup.

Might not matter as much to me as I own most of those already.
    And all of that might be true.
    But even when they are conducting business in a manner you don't approve of it still doesn't mean they have it in for Switch owners or yourself for that matter.

My guess is that any physical publishing of carts is going to eat into possible profits and that is the primary reason why we aren't getting certain titles on a physical cart.

And as a fan of the physical cart I am more affected than most, but I'm still not going to take it so personally.

But we are getting Okami and MHG:U in the coming months, which has to be only two good things and hopefully E3 will bring still more announcements.
    The release of both Resi Revelations titles on the system was wonderful as well, I wonder why you are so offended by the requirement to download when... you don't have a horse in this race, that is you don't own the console.

My enjoyment of these pages would be increased if it there was a little less of this kind of senseless negativity.

Call out poor practice by all means, but the incessant spin of pretty neutral factors into world ending calamity is pretty tiresome at this point.

Advertisement