Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    McLoughlin wrote: »
    Yes they do unfortunately.

Thought so. Also where did you get that setsuna?

I emailed the heavy arm store it isn't listed on their website yet but they are taking pre orders via email €58 in total. It's due in last week of March / first week of April.

sligeach wrote: »
    Let them know that you want a physical release of Monster Boy for Switch and make sure to mention Europe in the comments.

Nicalis also have a twitter physical release thing for cave story

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just had another marathon Isaac session this morning and it got me thinking about similar games that would be great on the Switch. It hasn't been mentioned on this thread, but Enter The Gungeon is coming to Switch in 2017. If you haven't played it, it's a bullet hell rogue-like with lots of enemy variety, secrets, playable characters, randomly generated levels and tons of items.

https://twitter.com/DodgeRollGames/status/836627835733196800

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The problem with Enter the Gungeon, no more than World of Goo and Binding of Isaac, is that most people have them already, via Steam sale or PS+ subscription.
    Perhaps, as time moves on, a Switch release will be simultaneous alongside the PS4/XB1 systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

is Isaac not available here even digitally?

• Advertisement

Not yet.

The switch is region free so you can buy it from the US store (but you need a US account and $ credit)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Mr E wrote: »
    Not yet.

The switch is region free so you can buy it from the US store (but you need a US account and $ credit)

that's crazy

any idea whats the reason behind it?

They made a decision to do a boxed release in Europe, and I assume that the production is holding it up. They'll want to release the boxed and digital versions at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nintendo says they'll have a big E3! Lots of games!
    “E3 is always a big time for Nintendo. We look at each E3 as a unique opportunity to tell our story. And we’re gonna have a big E3 this year. We’re going to be showcasing a variety of games. We will have experiences for… consumers will be able to attend the show for the very first time. So I’m not gonna tell you all of the various games and all of our little secrets for E3, but I can tell you that E3 is going to be a major opportunity for us to showcase not only Nintendo Switch, but also content coming to Nintendo 3DS.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-says-nintendo-will-have-a-big-e3-this-year-showcasing-games-for-both-switch-and-3ds/

They made a decision to do a boxed release in Europe, and I assume that the production is holding it up. They'll want to release the boxed and digital versions at the same time.

Even so thats a cock up that they couldn't get USA and Europe to release at the same time. I mean surely those who want the game have got it now digitally and the box version.

• Advertisement

Next batch of file sizes for digital downloaders:

Has-Been Heroes: 753MB
    Snake Pass: 3.7GB
    LEGO City Undercover: 7.1GB

http://nintendoeverything.com/has-been-heroes-snake-pass-lego-city-undercover-file-sizes/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Has Been Heroes didn't review that great so far.
    There are some good ideas in Has Been Heroes, such as the way it uses multi-lane battlefields to make us use strategies that involve switching between the strengths of three different heroes to achieve victory. It's a recipe for fun that manages to last for a while. Eventually, though, the heavy emphasis on the luck of level generation, the frustrations of enemy repetition, the poor tutorial, and the tendency to overrun you with tough enemies spoil the whole. Hard games are great, but there are limits.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/03/24/has-been-heroes-review

If it wasn't clear, I don't think Has-Been Heroes is fun. If anything, it is tedious. The difficulty spikes pretty quickly and only seemingly gets harder as you go on, the unlocks are anything but rewarding, and the gameplay, while functional, often leads to unfair deaths. If you're a completionist, I'm sure you can get a lot of playtime out of this (not that it would be quality time spent). I've only earned around 30% of available unlocks at over 10 hours played, which is the maximum amount I plan to ever get.

https://www.destructoid.com/review-has-been-heroes-426649.phtml

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think a compilation of Vanillaware games would be great.
    Odin Sphere, Dragons Crown, Muramasa, while I have them already, on PS2, PSVita, PS3 and Wii, it'd be lovely to have the HD remasters of each on the Switch.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think a compilation of Vanillaware games would be great.
    Odin Sphere, Dragons Crown, Muramasa, while I have them already, on PS2, PSVita, PS3 and Wii, it'd be lovely to have the HD remasters of each on the Switch.

Ideal for the switch, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'd really take any excuse to spin through Muramasa again. Gorgeous little game, caught me by surprise.

Some of the character design in Dragons Crown is a little ropey though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Just Google-imaged it. I'm guessing the Sorceress' primary power is not collapsing in on herself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Next batch of file sizes for digital downloaders:

Has-Been Heroes: 753MB
    Snake Pass: 3.7GB
    LEGO City Undercover: 7.1GB

http://nintendoeverything.com/has-been-heroes-snake-pass-lego-city-undercover-file-sizes/

Just a heads up about LEGO City - it seems there's an extra 13GB that has to be downloaded even if you're using the cartridge version. There are warnings on the box about an internet connection being required and 13GB free space too. Eurogamer link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-28-fans-have-noticed-something-odd-about-lego-city-undercover-on-switch.

Pics from the game case:

http://imgur.com/a/ryKDW
    http://i.imgur.com/dXgOS6v.jpg

Yeah I saw that. Bad form. It defeats the purpose of having a boxed version.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Update in regards to lego city

"Players who purchase Lego City Undercover on Nintendo Switch at retail do not need to download the game to play," a company spokesperson told us.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-28-fans-have-noticed-something-odd-about-lego-city-undercover-on-switch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Could be like Xenoblade on Wii U - you didn't need to download 15GB of extra data, but unless you bought the game because you love pop-in and loading screens you bloody did it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭geotrig

Yeah I saw that. Bad form. It defeats the purpose of having a boxed version.

/me looks at the bunch of all my xbone games that required massive dls on installing the game , I dont know, everyonve keeps harping on that nintendo need to be like the others ...maybe they are trying to appease us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have a spanky new 128GB SD card on the way for my Switch, if i fully power down my Switch and take out the Zelda cart before installing it I won't lose my save data will I?

Zelda is a cartridge and not a download, I am aware I will need to redownload Shovel Knight as it will go to SD card but I can live with that... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Graceful Explosion Machine releasing April 6th, €12.99.

Really like the look of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Jackbox Party Pack 3 will release in Europe on April 13 and will cost €23.99.
    JBPP3_icon.jpg?zoom=2.997658079625293&w=1080

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sligeach wrote: »
    The Jackbox Party Pack 3 will release in Europe on April 13 and will cost €23.99.
    JBPP3_icon.jpg?zoom=2.997658079625293&w=1080

Need to watch/read a few more reviews but, as of right now, I am all over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

Hi, someone here might be able to help me out. I'm looking into buying a Switch and I'd love to try one before I buy one. Is there any shops that have a demo model? GameStop in blanchardstown said non of their shops have demos. Does anyone know if smyths or some independent shops may have demos? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    Hi, someone here might be able to help me out. I'm looking into buying a Switch and I'd love to try one before I buy one. Is there any shops that have a demo model? GameStop in blanchardstown said non of their shops have demos. Does anyone know if smyths or some independent shops may have demos? Thanks!

Unfortunately there are no demo units anywhere in the country! Nintendo sometimes have screens showing games (in America) but no playable units on the floors as of yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Some of the character design in Dragons Crown is a little ropey though....

Should not have googled that at work. If you need me I'll be under the desk hiding from I.T. :pac:

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Should not have googled that at work. If you need me I'll be in the bathroom with some lotion and a sports sock :pac:
    Fixed Mr Fixxxer!!

Advertisement