Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    ...But we are getting Okami and MHG:U in the coming months, which has to be only two good things...

Would have been better giving us Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on the Switch to be perfectly honest, but in the shadow of Monster Hunter World, Generations Ultimate is definitely a bit of a poor showing tbh. :(

... Saying that, there's a chance I'll still pick it up, because I'm a sucker that way...

I tried the demo, but couldn't figure out what I was doing in any of the menus, as I can't read Japanese... :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know nothing of MH, I have a couple on the PS2 I think, and one on the 3DS but never played them.
    Not sure the Switch title is any different but it does seem to be a popular series, so may well be a system seller.
    I mean, I don't think it's going to cost the system punters but perhaps it's not the title people really wanted, as you suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Capcom ports? Give us Dragons Dogma pls pls pls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mario Tennis Aces demo coming to eshop coming on May 24th. It looks like this will be playable before the online tournament starts on the 1st June.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2018/05/17/mario-tennis-aces-demo-incoming

Yup.

Might not matter as much to me as I own most of those already.
    And all of that might be true.
    But even when they are conducting business in a manner you don't approve of it still doesn't mean they have it in for Switch owners or yourself for that matter.

My guess is that any physical publishing of carts is going to eat into possible profits and that is the primary reason why we aren't getting certain titles on a physical cart.

And as a fan of the physical cart I am more affected than most, but I'm still not going to take it so personally.

But we are getting Okami and MHG:U in the coming months, which has to be only two good things and hopefully E3 will bring still more announcements.
    The release of both Resi Revelations titles on the system was wonderful as well, I wonder why you are so offended by the requirement to download when... you don't have a horse in this race, that is you don't own the console.

My enjoyment of these pages would be increased if it there was a little less of this kind of senseless negativity.

Call out poor practice by all means, but the incessant spin of pretty neutral factors into world ending calamity is pretty tiresome at this point.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,028 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Yup.

But even when they are conducting business in a manner you don't approve of it still doesn't mean they have it in for Switch owners or yourself for that matter.

My guess is that any physical publishing of carts is going to eat into possible profits and that is the primary reason why we aren't getting certain titles on a physical cart.

And as a fan of the physical cart I am more affected than most, but I'm still not going to take it so personally.

But we are getting Okami and MHG:U in the coming months, which has to be only two good things and hopefully E3 will bring still more announcements.
    The release of both Resi Revelations titles on the system was wonderful as well, I wonder why you are so offended by the requirement to download when... you don't have a horse in this race, that is you don't own the console.

My enjoyment of these pages would be increased if it there was a little less of this kind of senseless negativity.

Call out poor practice by all means, but the incessant spin of pretty neutral factors into world ending calamity is pretty tiresome at this point.

More utter scutter. I might deal with this later if I'm bothered and am free.

CODE OF PRINCESS EX Coming to Nintendo Switch on July 31!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2nzauEP_Rs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I hope Okami is at least cheap it's 20 on other systems & I got it for 15 physical at launch.
    No interest in Monster Hunter XX as it feels like a token effort after the superior MH: World sold well.
    I'd like to see a Phoenix Wright game but maybe something made for Switch not another port

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The MH community seems a little split, but at least the franchise is finally on the system and seems no stranger to regular updated releases over time, so perhaps this isn't the last Monster Hunter game to appear on the Switch.
    As far as Capcom titles go, I'd love to see more than just retrospective collections of classic titles, but that's the bulk of releases on alternate platforms too, as well as leaning heavily on their SF, Vs and MH franchises.

If they were to bring Resi 4 to the Switch I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

To be honest Cidey, if everyone put a certain person on their ignore list then this forum would be a much nicer place to visit. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

just did it !

Andrew76 wrote: »
    To be honest Cidey, if everyone put a certain person on their ignore list then this forum would be a much nicer place to visit. ;)

As a mod of these pages I can't!

But time is running short.

And as I have placed myself in the user category in offering a strong public opinion on the type of persistent downer commentary and spin I will have to leave it to my co-mods to manage the situation should it persist.

[lecture] I think we do see fair-mindedness and the need for civility limit our responses to situations that sometimes require a hammer, which is to say some situations need to be called out explicitly, and it be made clear that it should be tolerated no longer.

I have no issue with fair and balanced debate of facts and news releases, but the persistent negative nature of certain users is neither fair and balanced and I think such posters run a genuine risk of being asked not to post here anymore, for the good of the rest of the group.

How this then plays out is up to my co-mods, as I have said, as I am too invested in it at this stage, and invested in the general wellbeing of those who post here, and their experiences doing so.
    No one should knowingly be out to spoil the greater experience of users for the sake of their own sense of entitlement or what gives them pleasure.
    The sooner this is understood the better, it's a pity it can't be simply enshrined in the charter, but not every situation that arises can be predicted, but it still can be acted upon. [/lecture] #sorryaboutlecture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Little Nightmares is out now. €35 on the Irish store at the minute. I have the base game on Xbox and it is a very good game and I enjoyed it immensely. Plenty of "What The Hell" moments while you play through it.

I think it should lend itself to Switch very well. I won't be buying again at the minute but if it comes down to €20/€25 on sale I think I'll pull the trigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Little Nightmares is out now. €35 on the Irish store at the minute. I have the base game on Xbox and it is a very good game and I enjoyed it immensely. Plenty of "What The Hell" moments while you play through it.

I think it should lend itself to Switch very well. I won't be buying again at the minute but if it comes down to €20/€25 on sale I think I'll pull the trigger.

My pacman amiibo arrived this morning just in time to play this :pac:

jester77 wrote: »
    My pacman amiibo arrived this morning just in time to play this :pac:

It took me ages to find one, and they are really nice models.
    I barely ever use them for the purposes of modifying games, but they are just such superb models, especially the recent Metroid Amiibo and the knitted range of the three coloured Yoshi ones, the Mega Yoshi and the lovely Poochy.

It took me ages to find one, and they are really nice models.
    I barely ever use them for the purposes of modifying games, but they are just such superb models, especially the recent Metroid Amiibo and the knitted range of the three coloured Yoshi ones, the Mega Yoshi and the lovely Poochy.

I picked this one up just for the Pakku mask, but otherwise I never really use them either. They do make nice models, 8-bit Mario is my fave. I want to pick up the game and watch amiibo next, just for sentimental reasons, game and watch were my first ever nintendo devices.

Is there any tower defense games on Switch worth playing? I don't think I've come across any.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is there any tower defense games on Switch worth playing? I don't think I've come across any.

Pixeljunk monsters 2 is coming soon, they have a demo you could try out to see if you like it. The original was a real love it or hate it game.

jester77 wrote: »
    Pixeljunk monsters 2 is coming soon, they have a demo you could try out to see if you like it. The original was a real love it or hate it game.

Cheers added that now and will give it a blast later.

I'd love a Lumines type game on the Switch, loved it on the PSP, back when it was a launch title, together with Ridge Racer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

I'd love a Lumines type game on the Switch, loved it on the PSP, back when it was a launch title, together with Ridge Racer.

I think Lumines is coming to Switch in "Spring 2018". May be with us in a few weeks.

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    I think Lumines is coming to Switch in "Spring 2018". May be with us in a few weeks.

Possibly the best news I've had all day!

It's definitely coming (and I can't wait)...

...but it seems it's delayed to June:
    Rhythm-puzzler Lumines Remastered is now out in June [EuroGamer]

Yup.

What a brilliant start to your terrible post. "Might be true" It is true.

Who said they've it in for Switch owners or me personally? You did, I never said that.

So Capcom, a massive 3rd party can't afford a 4GB cartridge now? Yet, there are Indies using bigger cartridges no bother to them.

I will be affected by physical games being partial downloads when I buy the Switch again. I always prefer physical where possible. Again, you've brought up it being personal.

Another 2 old games, I and countless others have played Okami, it's a stupendous game, but that's besides the point. How about making a new game, or is this another "test" There seems to be a lot of tests. MHGU, old, a year after Japan and well we can't have World.

Europe, regarding Revelations Collection, couldn't even get the first game as a physical cartridge unlike the rest of the world, it's purely digital. You constantly bring up the point that I don't own the Switch currently. So what? I will, again, and I want things to be better. I don't need to own the Switch, nor does anyone else for that matter, to point out what Capcom's doing is $h1tty. Nintendo, could say something to them at least, they're taking the p1$$. I haven't even mentioned porting an XB360 Live version of SF2 for double the price of the original release.

That's not fair or true. I'd say, well over 90% of my posts don't contain any negativity, just report the facts.

I've counted 4 times within your post hyperbole about it being personal, great way to end your post, "world ending calamity". Absolutely ridiculous, all your own concoction, not mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

sligeach wrote: »

Who said they've it in for Switch owners or me personally? You did, I never said that.

So Capcom, a massive 3rd party can't afford a 4GB cartridge now? Yet, there are Indies using bigger cartridges no bother to them.

I will be affected by physical games being partial downloads when I buy the Switch again. I always prefer physical where possible. Again, you've brought up it being personal.

Another 2 old games, I and countless others have played Okami, it's a stupendous game, but that's besides the point. How about making a new game, or is this another "test" There seems to be a lot of tests. MHGU, old, a year after Japan and well we can't have World.

Europe, regarding Revelations Collection, couldn't even get the first game as a physical cartridge unlike the rest of the world, it's purely digital. You constantly bring up the point that I don't own the Switch currently. So what? I will, again, and I want things to be better. I don't need to own the Switch, nor does anyone else for that matter, to point out what Capcom's doing is $h1tty. Nintendo, could say something to them at least, they're taking the p1$$. I haven't even mentioned porting an XB360 Live version of SF2 for double the price of the original release.

That's not fair or true. I'd say, well over 90% of my posts don't contain any negativity, just report the facts.

I've counted 4 times within your post hyperbole about it being personal, great way to end your post, "world ending calamity". Absolutely ridiculous, all your own concoction, not mine.

When you sold the switch you sold it as new I thought... How can you give any input into the conversation on the switch apart from asking us for first hand experience?

Look to be honest it's negative stuff you putting in here is ruining the Nintendo switch chat you are turning several people off the Nintendo forum and it's not fair on others that use here

Having a meltdown, because you got called out on the bull****

IMO

sligeach wrote: »

I'm not interested in going through this point by point.

I have no interest in making you unhappy, just to make myself happy.

I'd much rather not to find myself commenting on this at all.

I love Nintendo hardware and games, and that's why I frequented this forum in the first place.

And I'm thinking that's what most people want from a Nintendo forum, a nice place to hang out and talk Ninty, no doubt including peaks and troughs of things that please us and don't please us.
    But we would consider ourselves fans of the brand unless we found more that made us happy than not.
    But that's not reflected in a lot of your posts.

And that's a mystery to me.

Why be a Nintendo fan without being a fan of Nintendo?

I mean, what's the point?

Why post here at all?

The digital download/cart size thing still isn't a deal breaker for most people, it seems, and certainly doesn't appear to generating the kind of ire you suggest it is, outside of certain online fora perhaps.

And you have continually portrayed Nintendo and certain 3rd parties in such disparaging and deleterious ways that there is no doubt that you take it all incredibly personally, despite you saying here it doesn't.

So, by all means, keep posting about the only games company you subscribe to, but please don't ruin others experience of the forum by being compelled to post such negative musings so persistently.

I would ask that this topic be refrained on commentary by others, this is not meant to degrade into a personal attack upon this poster.
    And I will remove these posts from this thread entirely in the coming days, as they do derail it somewhat, and for that I apologise to everyone.

I want to see everyone here have a good time, and no one else's experience should suffer for me to have that here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jaysus, it must be exhausting to be so constantly angry about everything Nintendo all the time and then getting even angrier when people don’t share your outrage.

They’re videogames, they’re meant to be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

So, did anyone else get The Banner Saga?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Honestly I find the constant berating of sligeach's posts more tedious by an order of magnitude than the 'negativity'. It's not like there is a lack of positivity on the forum in general.

Advertisement