Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

fixxxer wrote: »
    So, did anyone else get The Banner Saga?

Its on the possible list, how are you finding it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,027 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So, we're talking about Sligeach.

Again.

It's a job well done on his behalf.

Personally added him to my ignore list a long time ago; I have (and will continue to) encourage people to add him to their own ignore lists. I have zero time for that level of negativity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

keane2097 wrote: »
    Honestly I find the constant berating of sligeach's posts more tedious by an order of magnitude than the 'negativity'. It's not like there is a lack of positivity on the forum in general.

I'd be happy enough to never have to mention it again tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

fixxxer wrote: »
    So, did anyone else get The Banner Saga?

I did. Love how the style reminds me of that old LotR animation.

I haven't played much though. A couple of hours yesterday and a few hours today. Liking it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »

What is with the sheer volume of Zelda/Chronotrigger games being released?

Is there an audience for them, if so where are they?

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    I did. Love how the style reminds me of that old LotR animation.

I haven't played much though. A couple of hours yesterday and a few hours today. Liking it so far.

I saw the art style and I thought "Wow!"
    Then I saw the game genre and thought "Bugger"

So, we're talking about Sligeach.

Again.

It's a job well done on his behalf.

Personally added him to my ignore list a long time ago; I have (and will continue to) encourage people to add him to their own ignore lists. I have zero time for that level of negativity.

You're one to talk about "again". How many times is it now that have you removed and added me to your ignore list? What contribution have you made to the discussion? Zero. Just an excuse for you to rag on me. "I have zero time for that level of negativity." How ironic?

Have people forgotten why this thread was made? There's a general Switch thread discussion, show me where I've gone in there and p1$$€d on your happy clappy parade?

Jaysus, it must be exhausting to be so constantly angry about everyt hing Nintendo all the time and then getting even angrier when people don’t share your outrage.

They’re videogames, they’re meant to be fun.

I don't even get it.

OK, Capcom are not that into physical releases and are also super into re-releases of old stuff.

So you're gonna get digital versions of re-released games.

Capcom: Hey do you want to purchase this old game digitally for Switch?
    Me: No.
    Capcom: OK.

I get to keep my money to spend another day. Capcom have to wait until their annual reports or whatever to ask themselves if their business model is working.

There's no logical scenario here where the potential customer throws a tantrum because Capcom won't do precisely what the individual customer wants.

Like if Nintendo said "Smash will be announced at E3" and it turned out that it's just a port of the Wii U version with an extra crappy motion control mode then I'd just say "not for me lads" and buy something else.

Unfortunately you have folks who will go absolutely mental because it's not what they wanted.

With new stuff like the upcoming Pokemon etc I just think "I'll wait and see" but there's people losing their minds over the possibility that it might be a bit crap.

Video game fandom is nuts, really.

You're one to talk about "again". How many times is it now that have you removed and added me to your ignore list? What contribution have you made to the discussion? Zero. Just an excuse for you to rag on me. "I have zero time for that level of negativity." How ironic?

Have people forgotten why this thread was made? There's a general Switch thread discussion, show me where I've gone in there and p1$$€d on your happy clappy parade?

:D:D:D

Amazing!

• Advertisement

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Amazing!

My point is that there are some people here that only want to hear sweetness and light. They can't cope with any dissent or criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This thread was made for Switch game news and releases that might have got lost in the main thread. It's literally in the very first post of this thread.

As for the 'people don't like dissent or criticism' schtick you're running with. Nothing more stranger in 2018 on message boards than those that think they are fighting some power by being 'rebellious'. You said 90% of your posts don't contain any negativity, that's if that 90% is the news thats copy and pasted, because whatever percentage is left over is absolutely mostly negative, towards the Switch in particular.

Almost no point in all this though, just quietens down for a while and rears it's head again not long after.

Little Nightmares: Complete Edition Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKiGkh0pBzE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

What normally happens after the negativeity gets highlighted,is he goes overboard with the slightly bordering positive articles and then bam a big neggy one then ,it's so childish and borderline obsessive type behaviour. Theres 100's if not thousands of good posters that aren't this hung up on it or looking for the attention or acclaim of posting it 1st ,I'm just reading there posts from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Guys can we not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

I made my peace in 1993/94 ish that capcom were going to re-release stuff as much as possible lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Right I'm backseat modding the sh*te out of this. I highly recommend blocking periodically people who irritate, but also a plain old roll eyes to yourself and move on (I've been guilty of getting annoyed in the past, more than once, but it doesn't help)

So all together now
    b82.jpg

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not everything in life is sweet and light, and I'm personally guilty of giving out here about Nintendo's frankly nonsense online offering only a few weeks ago as I was underwhelmed when it was announced...

The thread here can be difficult to pop in and out of without seeing the general negativity posted constantly, I don't like having anyone on ignore so don't generally do it...

It's nearly as bad as the general gaming forum sometimes - "my Xbox is better" or "my PS4 is better"

"Fook all you my PC shîts an all you console fanboys" etc

It's tiresome...

It's ok to have an opinion about Nintendo and the Switch obviously, but this constant swiping about Ninty or whatever publisher (flavour of the week) being greedy so and so`s would make anyone weary...

Newsflash - all these companies want your money, and all these companies are greedy feckers for the most part, it's up to you whether you want to support it or not...

With the hundreds and thousands of hours I've ploughed into Nintendo (and other companies) game's then in my opinion it is worth it, I'm not going to be giving out about DKTF being rereleased because I bought a failed console, and believe me I owned many of them so called failed machine's... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Am I the only one able to pass over any posts I don't agree with and not feel the need to attack the poster.
    If I can make an argument or correct a statement I may do that.
    Sligeach posts news stories and videos and his comments. They may be negative, they may be positive and they may be intended as lighthearted but taken the wrong way, but at least he comments on them. How often do you see just a random link in other places with no explanation/headline and no comment from the poster?
    I would be quite happy to not see any more attacking of sligeach's or anyone's posts. There has been another recent poster here who had their posts commented on despite them saying they had a learning disability.
    Again, if I don't like a post, I'll only comment if it's topical or offensive but I will try and stay on topic.

As for Nintendo, as a Wii U owner, I have most of these Switch rereleases and it is kind of annoying in the sense that some are classed as definitive versions.
    And as someone who has a PC and PS4 and uses the Switch in docked mode 95% of the time, I don't get many games on it (Currently sitting at a total of 3 games)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Right I'm backseat modding the sh*te out of this.

Banned.

Putting my mod hat on here - Let's just take a chill pill here guys.
    Most of what sligeach posts is great stuff and he is a valuable resource.
    This is a great community and a very positive forum - as a result, bad vibes stick out like a sore thumb.

sligeach - You say that we don't take bad news well - your interpretation of bad news and everyone else's interpretation of bad news is different.

• Games are moving to a digital economy everywhere (not just Switch). Most people don't care. Storage is cheap!
    • The Switch is getting ports. Most people don't care. More choice for all. Don't like? Don't buy.
    • People have to buy SD cards for the Switch. Not ideal, but also not the end of the world!
    • Most people who have the Switch, LOVE the Switch. It's a simple fact.
    If people really want to put sligeach on ignore, knock yourself out - but you're going to miss out on all the good stuff he posts (and he does post good stuff).

Now enough of this discussion. Back to the news please.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to this one:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Does the world need that and FE : Warriors on the same platform inside of a year though?

Really wish there was a nominal fee for the 5 or 6 of us in the world who bought the WiiU to just port EVERYTHING in one go so I could look at these and be excited instead of exasperated.

(If you are choosing one or the other, assuming the port is successful, I think I enjoyed Hyrule more.)

Mario Tennis Aces takes up just 2GB of memory storage space on Nintendo Switch.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Mario-Tennis-Aces-1325791.html#gameDetails

Ubisoft Yearly Revenue Has Been Revealed, PS4 Sales Lead While Nintendo Switch Revenue at 7%

https://segmentnext.com/2018/05/18/ubisoft-yearly-revenue/
    ubisoft-revenue-may182018.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Ubisoft Yearly Revenue Has Been Revealed, PS4 Sales Lead While Nintendo Switch Revenue at 7%

https://segmentnext.com/2018/05/18/ubisoft-yearly-revenue/
    ubisoft-revenue-may182018.jpg
    78 million ps4s
    37 million Xbox ones
    16 million switches.
    Far cry and assassins creed weren't on switch
    So I'd say that's about right if not better than it should be. I'm sure ubi are happy anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mario Tennis Aces takes up just 2GB of memory storage space on Nintendo Switch.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Mario-Tennis-Aces-1325791.html#gameDetails

This actually looks good. I've never played a Mario tennis game. I'd love if it has the option of motion controls to have a bit of fun with. I was probably the only person in the world searching for online matches with Wii u sport tennis at one stage. Love a bit of motion controlled tennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

iamtony wrote: »
    This actually looks good. I've never played a Mario tennis game. I'd love if it has the option of motion controls to have a bit of fun with. I was probably the only person in the world searching for online matches with Wii u sport tennis at one stage. Love a bit of motion controlled tennis.

Motion controls were shown in the video for it, looking forward to that as well. Joy-cons are very accurate so should be interesting to experiment with different shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In theory it should be great, but the gameplay hasn't changed since the dawn of time, pretty much, and any changes they do introduce tend to be gimmicky. It was great on N64, but that was my first mario tennis, and I don't know if anyone has 2 mario tennises in em. didn't play the WiuU one but the 3ds one which was well enough regarded and only cost me 1c in that awesome 2013 Tesco sale was pretty bland and disappointing. Would have to have very subtle motion controls to be worth full price.

iamtony wrote: »
    78 million ps4s
    37 million Xbox ones
    16 million switches.
    Far cry and assassins creed weren't on switch
    So I'd say that's about right if not better than it should be. I'm sure ubi are happy anyway!

Most of that 7% on Switch has to be from Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. If they would make more said original games, there's no reason why Ubisoft couldn't increase its share a lot more by this time next year.

• Advertisement

Treyarch Says There Are No Plans for Black Ops 4 on Nintendo Switch

https://twinfinite.net/2018/05/treyarch-says-there-are-no-plans-for-black-ops-4-on-nintendo-switch/

Advertisement