Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

sligeach wrote: »
    Most of that 7% on Switch has to be from Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. If they would make more said original games, there's no reason why Ubisoft couldn't increase its share a lot more by this time next year.

I keep meaning to dig that out again but never seem to be finished with BOTW. It's such a good game, glad to have it waiting there to be finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Most of that 7% on Switch has to be from Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. If they would make more said original games, there's no reason why Ubisoft couldn't increase its share a lot more by this time next year.

I'm sure they could, ubi and nintendo fans tend to have a great relation ship.
    I'm willing to bet multiplatform games like southpark have a a ratio of sales almost identical to the amount of Consoles. In other words I'd say it sold equally percentage wise against the number of consoles in the wild on any system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

iamtony wrote: »
    This actually looks good. I've never played a Mario tennis game. I'd love if it has the option of motion controls to have a bit of fun with. I was probably the only person in the world searching for online matches with Wii u sport tennis at one stage. Love a bit of motion controlled tennis.

Should be able to try the pre-launch tournament on June 1st.

As for Ubisoft, I've got it my head I want to replay their excellent version of Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands on the Wii.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,027 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

New leaked NPD figures for April suggests that Switch took 2nd place for the month behind PS4 and gives indication that a couple of Switch titles were in the best sellers.

https://www.gamepur.com/news/29053-npd-april-2018-results-leaked.html

WIRELESS NINTENDO SWITCH KEYBOARD GRIP NOW AVAILABLE
    71fYU2HIa3L._SL1500_-1.jpg

https://nintendosoup.com/wireless-nintendo-switch-keyboard-grip-now-available/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

With the lack of a browser or any other text heavy application I can't see that being a big seller. It looks like it slots between the joycons and communicated via a USB c dongle, but the sequence of pics on Amazon makes it look like it's an overlay that covers the switch screen and is only useful to when the keyboard is on screen :)

IGN SAYS STAR FOX: GRAND PRIX LOOKS STUNNING

https://nintendosoup.com/ign-says-star-fox-grand-prix-looks-stunning/

A Game On The Switch eShop Wants To Charge You For Save Slots...And I'm Not Surprised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBecyhy4EWk

WORLD NEVERLAND ON NINTENDO SWITCH NOW HAS PAID SAVE SLOTS

https://switchwatch.co.uk/worldneverland-nintendo-switch-paid-save-slots/

There's some dirty practices in the games industry, but this has to one of the most disgusting I've seen. They want to charge $4.99 to buy 4 additional save slots on the Switch eShop. Something like this should not be allowed get the green light.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You're right, that's really sh1t practice.
    And, like Battlefront II, it's up to the customers to tell the devs to go screw themselves, and not buy.

Looks like a sh1t game anyway
    https://purenintendo.com/review-world-neverland-elnea-kingdom-nintendo-switch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's some dirty practices in the games industry, but this has to one of the most disgusting I've seen. They want to charge $4.99 to buy 4 additional save slots on the Switch eShop. Something like this should not be allowed get the green light.

doesn't the new MSG game do the same, 1 slot free and then pay for extra? Its absolute nonsense but was always going to be chanced, especially on the Switch where we can't backup saves at all atm.

As Ciderman says, up to consumers to stonewall it, otherwise it'll keep going, that being said, this stuff is going no where. Eventually we'll reach a stage where this kind of stuff is the norm, and we'll have a generation of young gamers buying into it because thats how its always been. Same as Day 1 patches, same as DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

doesn't the new MSG game do the same, 1 slot free and then pay for extra? Its absolute nonsense but was always going to be chanced, especially on the Switch where we can't backup saves at all atm.

As Ciderman says, up to consumers to stonewall it, otherwise it'll keep going, that being said, this stuff is going no where. Eventually we'll reach a stage where this kind of stuff is the norm, and we'll have a generation of young gamers buying into it because thats how its always been. Same as Day 1 patches, same as DLC.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with backing up saves.

Take Shovel Knight, it has game slots where you can have different characters on the go at different times. In this game you have to buy those extra game slots so you can have more than one progress at any one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It has nothing whatsoever to do with backing up saves.

Take Shovel Knight, it has game slots where you can have different characters on the go at different times. In this game you have to buy those extra game slots so you can have more than one progress at any one time.

I know how it work yeah, but on PS4 or PC, I can just move my files around and have unlimited slots, on Switch I can't,, so **** like this is both more likely, and more insidious on Switch is the point im trying to make.

Either way, scumbag dev is the cause

I know how it work yeah, but on PS4 or PC, I can just move my files around and have unlimited slots, on Switch I can't,, so **** like this is both more likely, and more insidious on Switch is the point im trying to make.

Either way, scumbag dev is the cause

Oh now I get you. If you only had one game slot you'd back up your save to a memory stick and then delete the main save and start a new run?

You shouldn't even have to do that in fairness, should be a few game slots in every game. I've four characters going on Bloodborne :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

On switch you just play as a different user. 8 save slots.

Wonder if any of these save slots are cloud back up compatible? I'd guess not. So even ****ter.

Tell you what though, if the chargeable save slots save to SD they'll sell like hotcakes...

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Anyone here planning on getting Disco Dodgeball? It looks pretty addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I see N++ Ultimate Edition is out on Switch this week.

I have it for PC and it's fantastic. I'll definitely be getting this. Perfect game to play for 15 minutes here and there (and there is so much content).
    Thousands of levels, multiplayer (co-op and race), solo campaign, hardcore mode, fantastic music... it'll be on my Switch next weekend, guaranteed.

The Pinball Arcade Available Now on Nintendo Switch

https://www.dualshockers.com/pinball-arcade-nintendo-switch/
    "This includes officially licensed tables from Stern, Bally, Williams, and Gottlieb. Unfortunately, Farsight Studios will be losing its license to produce and sell Bally and Williams tables next month on June 30. If you want some of these tables — which includes The Addams Family which is considered one of the greatest pinball tables ever made — you’ll have to purchase it by the deadline."

Nintendo Switch Exclusive Octopath Traveler Gets New Screenshots and World Map
    More new screenshots and artwork of Octopath Traveler for Nintendo Switch show the world map and its eight regions, and much more.

https://www.dualshockers.com/octopath-traveler-screenshots-world-map/
    Octopath-10-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Resident Evil 7 out in Japan on Thursday and streaming only. No cart or digital download!.

About €15 for a 180 day pass.

Seems like a novel idea but as i look at the list of games much older than 6 months that i've yet to get around to finishing i'd be wary.

• Advertisement

So that's why Capcom asked Nintendo to increase the RAM of the Switch.

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-capcom-ram/

For old ports and so they could be lazy. Just when you think Capcom have hit a new low of absolute rock bottom, they grab that pickaxe and keep digging.

Resident Evil 7 out in Japan on Thursday and streaming only. No cart or digital download!.

Seems like a novel idea but as i look at the list of games much older than 6 months that i've yet to get around to finishing i'd be wary.

Just like renting a game from Xtravision back in the day. €10 for a week so €15 for 180 days is cheap.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just like renting a game from Xtravision back in the day. €10 for a week so €15 for 180 days is cheap.

And how's Xtravision doing these days? This is absolute b0110x for a whole host of reasons, I already mentioned one, but then there's the fact that you can buy it on the other platforms for £15 and you own it outright, or that the Switch is primarily a portable, streaming out and about isn't going to work well with this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Not sure if I'm a fan of this kind of game release. I'd imagine you would need pretty good broadband for this to play without lag, especially for sections where there is a lot happening on screen. Plus you'll likely only be able to play this at home and not on the go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Yeah, have to agree that this is a strange way to release a game, especially on a console that doesn't have an ethernet port out of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wait wait wait, Resi 7? On Switch??

What??

Supposedly it's an experiment. I'm not saying they couldn't just port it but if it's a way for companies to get games on Switch they wouldn't be able to port, then I'm interested to see how it goes.
    Of course, if they try to do it without even attempting a port then it'll be a problem.
    Also makes the game less portable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've played a few games on PS Now and if any kind of fast reactions are required then its a no go. The lag cannot be eliminated completely so it makes certain types of games very difficult as you kind of have to predict what's going to happen to play properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

If it works could be good but will need a very good connection to work without lag. Don't like that you only get it for a few months though

• Advertisement

If it is an experiment, the price should be less.

Advertisement