Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

We worked closely with Nintendo to create a stylish, uncompromising audio experience, with a special new chat adapter designed specifically for the Nintendo Switch. With the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app, players can chat with their friends while playing compatible games at home or on the go.

Not sure what they mean by special new chat adapter, unless it's just a fancy way of saying it connects to your phone - as that's still needed to chat. Pathetic solution (the mobile app) to a problem already solved years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks like Borderlands is getting a new GOTY edition for PC, Xbox One and PS4.

No mention of Switch version. :(

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-31-looks-like-borderlands-is-getting-a-pc-ps4-xbox-one-re-release

If that came to Switch, it'd be dangerous. I put hundreds of hours into those games. Actually, the same could be said for Fallout 3/New Vegas if they came to Switch. I might never re-surface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not sure what they mean by special new chat adapter, unless it's just a fancy way of saying it connects to your phone - as that's still needed to chat. Pathetic solution (the mobile app) to a problem already solved years ago.

Exactly....I'll definitely pass!! Complete waste of money that could be spent on a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

madmoe wrote: »
    But does it connect to the Switch via bluetooth (not a chance I'd say) or through some sort of frankenstein connection via a mobile phone app?? :mad:

The A10 are a wired headset.

The A50 have a base station that is connected to the X via optical out. The A50 headset is then fully wireless to the base station.

A lot of USB Wireless headsets work fine.

I can confirm the PlayStation Gold Wireless headset works perfectly. Except for the mic... because, you know... Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,026 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Fortnite is as good as nailed on now for Switch. Too many rumours for it to be fake and Korea's ratings board has it listed as well. There's a few surprises that have been spoiled before E3. Fortnite spoiled a fortnight before E3.

http://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/Popup/Pop_ReasonInfo.aspx?4894519734509d7ada3b6ef9115de26ea6c813a6a053e8e5ec12581d53453bb0

sligeach wrote: »
    Fortnite is as good as nailed on now for Switch. Too many rumours for it to be fake and Korea's ratings board has it listed as well. There's a few surprises that have been spoiled before E3.

http://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/Popup/Pop_ReasonInfo.aspx?4894519734509d7ada3b6ef9115de26ea6c813a6a053e8e5ec12581d53453bb0

I really didn't like the building part of the game when I played it on Xbox.

It's a hugely popular game though and must be making serious money for the developers with the sales of emotes and skins etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I love /hate Fortnite. Love the battle royal gameplay and the map is very well designed. Hate the building mechanic. Not for me so, but it will be wonderful for the Switch if they can make it work on the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

My four year old is playing the Tennis demo now. Lots of giggles coming out of her and she's not getting frustrated. She's playing on Pro Controller and I can see that she's not touching the left stick at all which is required for movement. But she keeps gasping "I'm playing against Luigi!"

Her verdict : "It's really good! Wanna play?"

In conclusion, no idea how the game plays, but it's a kick ass babysitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Banjo wrote: »
    My four year old is playing the Tennis demo now. Lots of giggles coming out of her and she's not getting frustrated. She's playing on Pro Controller and I can see that she's not touching the left stick at all which is required for movement. But she keeps gasping "I'm playing against Luigi!"

Her verdict : "It's really good! Wanna play?"

In conclusion, no idea how the game plays, but it's a kick ass babysitter.

Sounds like it arrived just in time for the weekend ;-)

• Advertisement

Do you think Fortnite will be free like on XB1/PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It would have to be, it's a huge part of why it's been such a big success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Fortnite is different to Fortnite Battle Royale.

seeing as nothing has been announced officially yet, it could be the former only that gets a release. Also, with the switch not being the most heralded online platform at the moment, supporting 100 concurrent players might be a bit of an issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can someone tell me is Fortnite a big deal?
    I genuinely have no idea.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can someone tell me is Fortnite a big deal?
    I genuinely have no idea.

It's free to play. Download it on Mobile/Xbox or PS4 and give it a bash.

I liked the game but I didn't like the building in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Of course. It makes a couple hundred million a month by being free. The game is a juggernaut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,026 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So yesterday I heard and seen the teaser for the new Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's coming to all the usual platforms of course. Nintendo Switch? Nope!

But fret not, Ubisoft haven't forgotten about us. We're getting Legendary Fishing according to the Korean games rating board.

http://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/Popup/Pop_ReasonInfo.aspx?527883cf73ee852315ac920126068cc4a6c813a6a053e8e5ec12581d53453bb0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I, for one, am relieved that the tired Assassin's Creed franchise has yet to be announced for the Switch.
    If there was ever an overrated series it's that one.
    In fact, if you only owned an Xbox 360 you'd be able to play everything in the series worth owning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In fairness, I hear Origins was great. I'd love an AC on Switch (apologies for agreeing with Sligeach). :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mr E wrote: »
    In fairness, I hear Origins was great. I'd love an AC on Switch (apologies for agreeing with Sligeach). :o

Origins is the best AC game they've had since Assassin's Creed 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

So yesterdayI heard and seen the teaser for the new Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's coming to all the usual platforms of course. Nintendo Switch? Nope!

There are plenty of other games also not coming to the Switch. Can you do a video for each of those? Start with God of War and run from there.

That aside, I have very fond memories of the Ezio games (Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations). If they came out on the Switch, I'd get them.

So yesterdayI heard and seen the teaser for the new Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's coming to all the usual platforms of course. Nintendo Switch? Nope!

But fret not, Ubisoft haven't forgotten about us. We're getting Legendary Fishing according to the Korean games rating board.

http://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/Popup/Pop_ReasonInfo.aspx?527883cf73ee852315ac920126068cc4a6c813a6a053e8e5ec12581d53453bb0

Did you expect the new Assassin's Creed game on the Switch?

I didn't, it never even crossed my mind that it would be there. Same way as I know RDR2 won't be available on it.

And if they did manage to get them running on Switch somehow it'd have to be seriously scaled down to work and that would take a lot of the shine from the game.

If the audience is there they'll make something for the Switch, just as they did for every other console, pretty much.
    I think the pirate-y bits of Black Flag are meant to be great but while I own it for the WiiU I've never played it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

If the audience is there they'll make something for the Switch, just as they did for every other console, pretty much.
    I think the pirate-y bits of Black Flag are meant to be great but while I own it for the WiiU I've never played it.

It was the piratey bits that put me right off that game. I found the ship battles and life at sea far less enjoyable than roaming around buildings and monuments. I got about half way through Black Flag and just left it. That was me done with Assassin's Creed until Origins.

I definitely think there is market there for Assassin's Creed on the Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

If we got Black Flag on the WiiU don't see why we couldn't get Rogue on the Switch.

A game based on the Odyssey would be class, sailing, adventuring, wrath of the gods etc, but it's neither this game or on the Switch.

But they'd be denying themselves money if they didn't produce something in the franchise for the Switch, just not from me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I, for one, am relieved that the tired Assassin's Creed franchise has yet to be announced for the Switch.

I'd rather have the option to choose not to play it rather than have no option at all.

Let's not hold the Switch up as some delicate Holy Grail. It doesn't need to be protected from certain releases.

Never suggested it should be, only that, for me, not seeing it is a good thing.
    I'm sure there are fans who would love it, and good luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you expect the new Assassin's Creed game on the Switch?

I didn't, it never even crossed my mind that it would be there. Same way as I know RDR2 won't be available on it.

And if they did manage to get them running on Switch somehow it'd have to be seriously scaled down to work and that would take a lot of the shine from the game.

If the y were able to get doom and wolfenstein 2 working on switch. Most things are possible tbh of they really wanted to port more games.

• Advertisement

If the y were able to get doom and wolfenstein 2 working on switch. Most things are possible tbh of they really wanted to port more games.

Not true. Doom and Wolfenstein are not open world games like Assassin's Creed.

Advertisement