Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Banjo wrote: »
    My four year old is playing the Tennis demo now. Lots of giggles coming out of her and she's not getting frustrated. She's playing on Pro Controller and I can see that she's not touching the left stick at all which is required for movement. But she keeps gasping "I'm playing against Luigi!"

Her verdict : "It's really good! Wanna play?"

In conclusion, no idea how the game plays, but it's a kick ass babysitter.

I just tried it, playing handheld, thought I'd break the Switch in half! It's exactly what I expected. Easy to pick up and play, difficult to master.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,026 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rumor: Snake returns in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch, Minecraft to have presence

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jun/04/rumor-snake-returns-super-smash-bros-nintendo-switch-minecraft-have-representation/

F*** NO! Snake has no business being in Smash Bros., f*** off Konami you lazy b*******! If this is true, it's down to Sakurai once again letting his personal friendships with certain people in 3rd party companies clouding his judgement. He doesn't take into account that they've treated Nintendo platforms like crap over the years. Minecraft representation is justified, even if it's been a short relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Overreact much?

The game will have a zillion characters. Just don't play with Snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sligeach wrote: »
    F*** NO! Snake has no business being in Smash Bros.

Sure there he is.

350?cb=20120115170008

G'wan Snake.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Sure there he is.

350?cb=20120115170008

G'wan Snake.

Go on please. Twin Snakes on Gamecube. 2 remakes. What else? I think you've to go back to the NES then. I might have missed something, still they're w@nk€r$.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Go on please. Twin Snakes on Gamecube. 2 remakes. What else? I think you've to go back to the NES then. I might have missed something, still they're w@nk€r$.

Why are you so upset? You don't even own a Switch so it's not like this will appear you directly?

What's the minimum requirements for a character to appear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A character in a video game. :rolleyes:

Tick.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why are you so upset? You don't even own a Switch so it's not like this will appear you directly?

Deflection. Thanks. I expected as much. I will own the Switch again. Konami don't deserve any representation in Smash Bros. Go through their franchises, the majority skip Nintendo platforms. What did they make for Wii U? Last PES? Castlevania? What have they done for Switch bar farming out Bomberman to an external Indie company?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I....
    Nope...
    Not this time....
    Snake FTW!

In fairness though Super Bomberman on the Switch is possibly one of the better versions in the past decade.
    Some of the efforts to reboot the franchise have been stinkers.

• Advertisement

Deflection. Thanks. I expected as much. I will own the Switch again. Konami don't deserve any representation in Smash Bros. Go through their franchises, the majority skip Nintendo platforms. What did they make for Wii U? Last PES? Castlevania? What have they done for Switch bar farming out Bomberman to an external Indie company?

How is it deflection? It's a character in a game, it's not the end of the world like!!

Why does it matter who appears in the game? Where is the dissapointment stemming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Snake has more right to be in it than Cloud from Final Fantasy VII, doesn't he.
    And if it gets fans of the MGS franchise interested in the game, resulting in more Switches being sold, then why not.
    I think this came up before and I said the same thing and that as long as he doesn't take a spot from another character, then no harm done.
    They'll probably still find room for the 25 Fire Emblem characters though.

It's like we're talking about real people lining up to collect the social.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I just hope the wii-u is a playable character so we can lay more beat down on it!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Snake has more right to be in it than Cloud from Final Fantasy VII, doesn't he.

Don't get me started on Cloud. Another thundering disgrace.

Lol it's comedy at this stage

I bet Solaire and Crash will make an appearance in Smash this time to commemorate Dark Souls and Crash Bandicoot coming to Switch.

MEGA MAN 11 IS DIGITAL-ONLY IN EUROPE, "NO ANNOUNCEMENT" ON THE NEW MEGA MAN AMIIBO

https://gonintendo.com/stories/310435-mega-man-11-is-digital-only-in-europe-no-announcement-on-the-n

https://www.thenintendochannel.com/news/1778/

What's left to say at this point about Capcom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

All this talk of smash made me turn on the 3ds to play and its been so long it needed loads of updates. But I realise I've forgotten about this little beauty. Gona bring it to work instead of the Switch for a while now. God damn you switch for making me forget about your long lost cousin. Damn you to hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    All this talk of smash made me turn on the 3ds to play and its been so long it needed loads of updates. But I realise I've forgotten about this little beauty. Gona bring it to work instead of the Switch for a while now. God damn you switch for making me forget about your long lost cousin. Damn you to hell.
    it even has a YouTube app ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't get me started on Cloud. Another thundering disgrace.

Is it because the characters a synonymous with games associated with the PlayStation I wonder?
    Cloud is a famous FFVII hero, Snake MGS, what's the problem with them in SSB?
    I mean, they are hardly displacing other characters, I mean the roster is packed as it is, so why be offended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Very little Nintendo does nowadays is by accident. New or returning characters may well hint at new or returning titles coming to Switch

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol it's comedy at this stage

Aye, and not even a good one. This is Adam Sandler level stuff.

I would assume they are for the upcoming Smash Bros Switch game?

But I've had problems with PowerA controllers before, I wonder how robust they'll be?

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo adds “Featured” section on the Nintendo eShop

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-nintendo-adds-featured-section-on-the-nintendo-eshop/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please god let them put out Monkey Ball 1 and 2 for the Switch. Part of what made them so good was that Gamecube controller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

MEGA MAN 11 IS DIGITAL-ONLY IN EUROPE, "NO ANNOUNCEMENT" ON THE NEW MEGA MAN AMIIBO

https://gonintendo.com/stories/310435-mega-man-11-is-digital-only-in-europe-no-announcement-on-the-n

https://www.thenintendochannel.com/news/1778/

What's left to say at this point about Capcom?

That they need more characters in Smash?

Advertisement