Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is potentially still a long time away, but Anew: The Distant Light is on Kickstarter and it just passed its stretch goal for a Switch version. The 2 developers have previously worked on Borderlands 2, Bioshock 2, Command and Conquer, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Star Wars: Empire at War, Saints Row 1-4, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth and others so they have a great pedigree.

The game looks fantastic. A bit Metroid, a bit Axiom Verge and a bit like a futuristic Salt & Sanctuary - not a bad combo.

https://anewthegame.com/

Does anyone known the name of the indie game coming out on the switch that's meant to be like hotline Miami? I can't remember what video I watched on YouTube and never got the name of it. It's top down, one hit kill too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Mr E wrote: »
    This is potentially still a long time away, but Anew: The Distant Light is on Kickstarter and it just passed its stretch goal for a Switch version. The 2 developers have previously worked on Borderlands 2, Bioshock 2, Command and Conquer, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Star Wars: Empire at War, Saints Row 1-4, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth and others so they have a great pedigree.

The game looks fantastic. A bit Metroid, a bit Axiom Verge and a bit like a futuristic Salt & Sanctuary - not a bad combo.

https://anewthegame.com/

That looks brilliant. Graphics are fantastic.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Does anyone known the name of the indie game coming out on the switch that's meant to be like hotline Miami? I can't remember what video I watched on YouTube and never got the name of it. It's top down, one hit kill too.

Mr. Shifty. Release date is still TBA.

Thanks Mr E that's the one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is Yooka Laylee out for general release on the 11th?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

chrislad wrote: »
    Is Yooka Laylee out for general release on the 11th?

Yep,
    Switch owners will have to wait longer though,
    Pity the WiiU owners,
    No Yooka Laylee for You!
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Anyone bought/downloaded Lego Undercover from the US switch store?
    How big is it?

lafors wrote: »
    Anyone bought/downloaded Lego Undercover from the US switch store?
    How big is it?

7.1gb free space required, and there is a 500mb day 1 patch (that might be rolled into the main release, I'm not sure how that works).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

NBA Playground to release on Switch (and on all platforms) in May. I'll be getting this as well. $20 dollars, presume the same price in euros.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Pity the WiiU owners,
    No Yooka Laylee for You!

From the reviews, it doesn't look like we're missing all that much.

Way too many top tier games out at the moment to be wasting money on mediocrity. :)

druss wrote: »

NBA Playground to release on Switch (and on all platforms) in May. I'll be getting this as well. $20 dollars, presume the same price in euros.

Looks like loads of fun. Hope it has multiplayer and has a good soundtrack

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    From the reviews, it doesn't look like we're missing all that much.

Way too many top tier games out at the moment to be wasting money on mediocrity. :)

Tbh even if it was a perfect sequel to Banjo it would still feel dated at this remove.
    It's similar to the response Toejam & Earl 3 got on the Xbox, nice for what it is but, then, that's all that it is, the market had moved on, expectations grew while the gameplay has not.
    Good gameplay is perpetual, but shallow stuff is always revealed in time, some like Donkey Kong 64 were dated on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

He was the leader of the pack,
    we knew him well,
    but his N64 game
    was collectathon hell.

:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Still nothing on the switch apart from splatoon that interests me in the near future. Might sell it on after Zelda is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Shakedown Hawaii looks like a GTA clone (as in GTA1/2 clone) by the guys who did Retro City Rampage.

It and Mr. Shifty are 2 games I'm looking forward to this month.

Looks like Graceful Explosion Machine is a must-have on Switch...

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/graceful_explosion_machine

Shakedown Hawaii looks like a GTA clone (as in GTA1/2 clone) by the guys who did Retro City Rampage.

It and Mr. Shifty are 2 games I'm looking forward to this month.

Dat soundtrack tho!
    Looks class and sounds class!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ah the soup Nazi, such a noble bastard. Argos price for Lego City still unknown. I do want to play it but still want to wait and see if there is any bugs or patches needed, Smyth's told me the 13gb thing was smoke and mirrors but this is the same Smyth's that was 100000% certain the nes mini wasn't being produced any more a couple of months back.

The 13gb/internet connection has already been cleared by WB Games. It's a mistake. You'll have a 500mb patch and that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just bought Graceful Explosion Machine its fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭geotrig

bought it myself yesterday and its good fun havent spent much time playing at the moment . Im not sure if I had an issue with controls when docked or not but some movement felt off at times when weapons where exhausted but could be part of the game mechanics...it may have also just me being crap at shooters!!

Yeah I got it too... I only played one game but I liked it. The weapon overheating was the hardest part to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I'll be getting it tonight I reckon - looks good, and I love a good shump!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭geotrig

visually really nice and sounds pretty good as well , well worth the 12 quid i reckon.

Better get used to the dash button fast if you want to get good combos. :)

Digital Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will take up 6.75GB of space.

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-deluxe-file-size/

Mr E wrote: »
    Digital Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will take up 6.75GB of space.

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-deluxe-file-size/

I won't be getting it but is this digital only?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

No its getting a physical release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

the physical version wont require the space

Advertisement