Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only played Season 1 and 400 Days. Have Season 2 waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,026 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Team Sonic Racing Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHdB1r8Zz58

This is a longer 3 minute clip of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Gridd

Looks like a Neon Starfox!
    Out tomorrow for €11.99.

Looks like a must have for me.
    Very nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    The Walking Dead - The Final Season | E3 2018 Teaser Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVAQrE5A5sI

It's coming to Switch but much later than the other platforms(pre-orders open there in a couple of days), just a vague "late 2018" for Switch.

I enjoyed Season 1 and 2, but I've not played Season 3, Michonne, or 400 Days. If this came all a total compilation, I'd be interested, but not paying double what Xbox or PS4 pay for it just to get it on Switch.

This is speculation on my part, the game hasn't been announced for Switch. But, Bandai Namco are working on a Tales of game for Switch. Are they working on multiple Tales games? Possibly not. Vesperia is due to come out on PS4 and run at 60 fps, perhaps they can reduce the framerate and/or resolution to make it work on Switch. I don't think Vesperia originally had a Western release and I've heard that it's regarded by many as the best Tales of game. The only one I ever got to play was Tales of Symphonia and that was phenomenal, easily in my top 5 Gamecube games.

Tales of Vesperia 10th anniversary remaster website discovered

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/tales-of-vesperia-10th-anniversary-remaster-website-discovered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

This is speculation on my part, the game hasn't been announced for Switch. But, Bandai Namco are working on a Tales of game for Switch. Are they working on multiple Tales games? Possibly not. Vesperia is due to come out on PS4 and run at 60 fps, perhaps they can reduce the framerate and/or resolution to make it work on Switch. I don't think Vesperia originally had a Western release and I've heard that it's regarded by many as the best Tales of game. The only one I ever got to play was Tales of Symphonia and that was phenomenal, easily in my top 5 Gamecube games.

Tales of Vesperia 10th anniversary remaster website discovered

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/tales-of-vesperia-10th-anniversary-remaster-website-discovered

They also patented another name that it could be too.

Vesperia came out here. Had it on xbox. Was very good but second to symphonia. I'd prefer symphonia remaster as you said phenomenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mr E wrote: »
    Gridd

Looks like a Neon Starfox!
    Out tomorrow for €11.99.

Rocking music!!

MotoGP™18 Launch Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GsTRJ9CrJZI

http://moviesgamesandtech.com/2018/06/07/motogp18-out-now-for-ps4-xbox-and-pc-with-nintendo-switch-on-the-28th-june/
    MotoGP18 is now available in stores and on digital for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for £49.99, Windows PC/STEAM for £39.99, and will release on June 28th on Nintendo Switch at £49.99.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Motorcycle racing games neatly avoid the lack of analogue triggers by mapping the throttle/brake to the right analogue stick.
    This has been a feature in most of them, including the MotoGP series on the OG Xbox and the more recent TT game on the PS4.

Mario Tennis Aces - The Match of the Century - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yNje3jfYLl4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 WithTheRanks

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes coming to Switch (and other consoles)

https://twitter.com/KeepTalkingGame/status/1004460671474466816

DfF5--PWAAAb1tW?format=jpg
    Thursday June 7, 2018, Manchester, UK - Merge and Teku Studios, an indie game developer based in Spain, are pleased to announce the forthcoming release of Candle: The Power of the Flame.

Teku is a “Light-Guide” in the service of Yaqa, the Tumaykú tribe’s shaman. However, the honour bestowed upon Teku came at a price - the removal of one of his hands and its replacement with a magical candle that would never run down. The fate of the Tumaykú tribe is now in the balance. An attack by the hated Wakcha clan has left the village in flames and, worse still, Yaqa is nowhere to be seen! Sworn to protect his master, Teku must venture forth and right the wrongs of the Wakcha, save his master and protect his candle’s flame at all costs.

Candle: The Power of the Flame’s visuals are presented as beautiful hand-drawn watercolour images - all the layered backgrounds, characters and objects have been individually painted and scanned into the game. It feels as though you are playing a living painting. Candle: The Power of the Flame is an action adventure with an emphasis on solving puzzles and surviving a hostile environment. The combination of the remarkable graphics, simple yet testing gameplay and beautiful South American flavoured soundtrack all conspire to make Candle: The Power of the Flame and experience you won’t forget.

Candle: The Power of the Flame is set for digital release on Nintendo Switch at the end of July 2018 – priced at (£14.99, €19.99, $19.99).

A Nintendo Switch retail version of the game will be available at the end of August (£24.99, €29.99, $29.99). A Signature Edition collector’s version will also be available (contents and price to follow).

Here's an old trailer I found from the studio.

Candle announcement trailer extended

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LgdhdGh6Luw

PALADINS FOUNDER'S PACK NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER, ALLOWS FOR EARLY ACCESS NEXT TUESDAY

https://gonintendo.com/stories/310671-paladins-founder-s-pack-now-available-for-pre-order-allows-for-e

That's kind of an anti-climactic way to find out that the game is officially coming to Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hard for me to work up any enthusiasm about those free to play ports.

Titan Quest - Nintendo Switch™ Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMOr5tTAUD0
    From Age of Empires co-creator Brian Sullivan and Braveheart writer Randall Wallace comes an action role-playing game set in ancient Greece, Egypt, and Asia. The Titans have escaped their eternal prison, wreaking havoc upon the earth. The gods seek a hero who can turn the tide in an epic struggle that will determine the fate of both men and gods.

• Explore the Ancient World – Unlock arcane mysteries as you journey to legendary locations
    • Conquer Monsters of Legend – Battle mythical beasts in a story-driven campaign that will determine the fate of all existence
    • Highly Customizable Characters – Build and customize your characters with 28 classes and over 1000 pieces of unique and legendary items to create the ultimate champion
    • Online Multiplayer Gameplay – Challenge others to experience the story in fast-action, 2-6 player online cooperative gameplay
    • Console controls & UI – Tailor made UI and controls for a perfect ARPG experience using a gamepad
    • Remastered graphics – Fully reworked textures for an up to date Titan Quest experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice! Switchy Diablo-y goodness. :)

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker's file size on Switch is 1.4GB. By comparison, it was 1.9GB on Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mario Tennis Aces - The Match of the Century - Nintendo Switch

I like how Mario's signature is his hat

• Advertisement

I've posted a section of an interview with Bill Trinen, the bit with all his quotes. He doesn't reveal much though he does say that some surprises for Smash Bros. will be held back from E3. Probably characters.

Nintendo's 'Super Smash Bros.' Tournament Offers Hints About New Title
    ...The true nature the project (is it a new Smash Bros. title? a remaster? a port of other popular titles?) will be revealed soon, but one bit of valuable information is already known: Nintendo will hold an invitational tournament on June 12 that will not only bring together some of the best Smash Bros. players in the world, but also show off new content from the franchise.

"It’s an exciting way to showcase the new game with some of the best players in the world playing it," Bill Trinen, Nintendo's director of product marketing manager, told Heat Vision. The tournament will bring together eight competitors who are top-ranked at their respective games in the world; four players who specialize in 2001's Super Smash Bros. Melee and 2014's Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. They will compete playing the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for Switch.

"Typically players from the different games don’t play against each other, but we wanted to showcase the game before launch and wanted to represent both sides of what is a very strong Smash Bros. community," Trinen said.

Of course, we still don't know what the new Super Smash Bros. for Switch is, exactly. When asked directly, Trinen was cagey and wouldn't specify whether it was a new game altogether or a port of the Wii U title for the new console ("Stay tuned" were his exact words), but he did drop a few hints.

“The tournament is going to be designed to show quite a bit of the game in terms of modes, characters and items, but obviously we won’t show everything and we’re keeping a few surprises for later in the year,” he said....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/will-super-smash-bros-nintendo-switch-be-a-new-game-a-port-1117934

I still think this is a port, but they’re going to have to change something to try and call it new. Maybe incorporating different fight styles. There will be some new characters/stages and the likes of Link will be tweaked for his BOTW character.

The Wii U/3DS versions had so much DLC and Nintendo along with the other companies will want to charge for it again. So they'll justify it somehow, like how Nintendo had to come up with a new format for Virtual Console in order to charge people again and kill off any transfer system which would have seen them lose out on money. No way will they pack everything in like with MK8. The 2 DLC packs in MK8 cost what, €12. Whereas all the DLC in Smash Bros. just for the Wii U version cost way in excess of €100. I can't remember its exact cost, but it's ludicrous, with no all in 1 bundle.

No way will they pack everything in like with MK8. The 2 DLC packs in MK8 cost what, €12. Whereas all the DLC in Smash Bros. just for the Wii U version cost way in excess of €100. I can't remember its exact cost, but it's ludicrous, with no all in 1 bundle.

Well, the WiiU didn't really last long enough as a format for a GotY edition to be released, and if the MK8 example is typical we may well see this "new" SSB title being a GotY equivalent for the Switch, it would be one way of justifying asking for new game money for a four year old game.
    Also, from a non-fan perspective, the differences between the various iterations seems academic anyway, new version numbers rather than wholly new games.
    So, a port with updates is no different from a genuinely new title in the franchise, at least for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

I've posted a section of an interview with Bill Trinen, the bit with all his quotes. He doesn't reveal much though he does say that some surprises for Smash Bros. will be held back from E3. Probably characters.

Nintendo's 'Super Smash Bros.' Tournament Offers Hints About New Titlehttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/will-super-smash-bros-nintendo-switch-be-a-new-game-a-port-1117934

I still think this is a port, but they’re going to have to change something to try and call it new. Maybe incorporating different fight styles. There will be some new characters/stages and the likes of Link will be tweaked for his BOTW character.

The Wii U/3DS versions had so much DLC and Nintendo along with the other companies will want to charge for it again. So they'll justify it somehow, like how Nintendo had to come up with a new format for Virtual Console in order to charge people again and kill off any transfer system which would have seen them lose out on money. No way will they pack everything in like with MK8. The 2 DLC packs in MK8 cost what, €12. Whereas all the DLC in Smash Bros. just for the Wii U version cost way in excess of €100. I can't remember its exact cost, but it's ludicrous, with no all in 1 bundle.

Doesn't this imply that it's a new game?

""It’s an exciting way to showcase the new game with some of the best players in the world playing it," Bill Trinen, Nintendo's director of product marketing manager, told Heat Vision. The tournament will bring together eight competitors who are top-ranked at their respective games in the world; four players who specialize in 2001's Super Smash Bros. Melee and 2014's Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. They will compete playing the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for Switch."

Otherwise those 2014 Smash Wii U players will have a massive advantage if it's just the same game and they'll get a hard time from the community over that.

My guess would be they are going to use the Smash WiiU engine but will add in elements from Melee to make it distinct from Smash Wii U.

We'll likely see an all new set of stages/arenas plus a few returning ones. A new cast of characters with DLC being released periodically.

Would you say that StreetFighter V is just a port of StreetFighter IV?

Just that if they do incorporate different fight styles and add some new characters and stages and also tweak existing characters then how is that a port?

Is Smash Wii U just a port of Melee? What's the distinction between a "port" and a "new game" especially when it comes to fighting games?

New Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom Trailer (featuring music by our own Banjo Guy Ollie) :)

The variety of powers and abilities is very impressive and the sprite work has a lot of personality.

Up to 15 hours long too, so it sounds like good value.

Pool Panic Release Date Trailer | Nintendo Switch & PC | Adult Swim Games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCc64YsmhGI

That trailer is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It looks crazy, but Adult Swim normally make shallow, but fun, games. Depending on cost, it could be good for a short term laugh.

• Advertisement

No switch box or logo at the end though?

Advertisement