Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mario & Rabbids DK DLC out June 26th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,026 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

25th June for Season Pass owners.

Starlink: Battle for Atlas will be available on 16th October.

Star Fox will feature in Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Miyamoto is in the house. He's at Ubisoft's press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

sligeach wrote: »
    Star Fox will feature in Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Miyamoto is in the house. He's at Ubisoft's press conference.

That guy makes everyone smile constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So if that Starlink is still toys to life, does that mean an Arwing model like they gave Miyamoto? I guess collectors will get that one anyway

Fallout Shelter - Nintendo Switch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8o36DVbcoEA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So if that Starlink is still toys to life, does that mean an Arwing model like they gave Miyamoto? I guess collectors will get that one anyway

It sure does.Joycon grip is cool idea too. That and SF bits likely help switch version do well if its any good.
    www.jpeg

UBISOFT AND VIRTUOS COLLABORATED ON STARLINK: BATTLE FOR ATLAS NINTENDO SWITCH PORT
    Ubisoft has revealed that they have “collaborated closely” with Virtuos to make the Starlink: Battle For Atlas port to Nintendo Switch the best that it can be.

The Chinese developer has built up experience with the portable home console, working on blockbuster detective thriller L.A. Noire and the delayed Dark Souls Remastered.

“The team at Ubisoft Toronto collaborated closely with Virtuos on the Nintendo Switch version of Starlink: Battle for Atlas,” Ubisoft explained.

“The partnership allowed Ubisoft to push the Nintendo Switch version to new heights, and fully support handheld, tabletop and docked play.”

Starlink: Battle for Atlas will release for Nintendo Switch worldwide on October 16th.

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/ubisoft-and-virtuos-collaborated-on-starlink-battle-for-atlas-nintendo-switch-port/

I didn't know Ubisoft had outsourced the Switch port, but it gets better. The physical edition of this game on Switch requires a 15GB download.

Starlink: Battle for Atlas requires 15GB download on Switch, pre-orders open
    Dfct4y_WsAEUT6p.jpg

https://nintendoeverything.com/starlink-battle-for-atlas-requires-15gb-download-on-switch-pre-orders-open/

Edit: It could be that Europe is getting shafted AGAIN, as the download banner isn't on the American boxart.
    Dfckv2hUwAU9roq.jpg:small

• Advertisement

Best Buy have said the listing on their site for Youtube and Netflix was an error.

I don't know, the timing of this leak says it was real. Seems silly for them to lie and deny this only for Nintendo to say it's true less than 24 hours later. But, maybe they're trying to cover up their mistake. Nah, they should have just stayed stum. They'll be liars soon enough. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Fallout Shelter - Nintendo Switch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8o36DVbcoEA
    Oldish iPad game that is nothing to get excited about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Starlink: Battle for Atlas requires 15GB download on Switch, pre-orders open
    Dfct4y_WsAEUT6p.jpg

https://nintendoeverything.com/starlink-battle-for-atlas-requires-15gb-download-on-switch-pre-orders-open/

Edit: It could be that Europe is getting shafted AGAIN, as the download banner isn't on the American boxart.
    Dfckv2hUwAU9roq.jpg:small

That looks the opposite. The American one has the warning and the European one (with multiple languages) has no warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

chrislad wrote: »
    That looks the opposite. The American one has the warning and the European one (with multiple languages) has no warning.

ESRB is American PEGI is European.

Great to see the new Dragonball come to switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Downloaded Fornite and Fallout Shelter to give them a go. Had to set up a new Fortnite account as my original one its tied to the PS4 and Sony don't seem to want to share. Both work fun. Fallout Shelter is a play for 5 minutes kinda game though so will probably stick with my mobile phone vault. Breaks my heart that this is the only Fallout experience on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Besides mech designs by Shōji Kawamori of Macross fame, it looks like a lot of old staff that worked on the Armored Core series are involved with Daemon X Machina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1006836108196569088?s=19

Grim Fandango is coming to the Switch. No idea why this would be left out of the Direct.

Fortnite Battle Royale on Switch Hits 900p Docked and 720p in Handheld Mode
    Fortnite Battle Royale on the Switch in Handheld mode dropped to 768x432 in tests. Frame rate is mostly 30fps.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/fortnite-battle-royale-on-switch-gets-the-frame-rate-test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCA8YCUYWt4

Meanwhile, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate runs at:

Docked
    1080p
    60fps

Portable
    720p
    60fps

https://nintendosoup.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-runs-at-60-frames-per-second/

That's as to be expected, Smash Bros. on Wii U ran at 1080p and 60fps. The Switch in docked mode is essentially a Wii U but can't display any higher than 720p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Played around 5 games of Fortnite lastnight in handheld and was pretty happy with it - no lag, stuttering or drops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    Played around 5 games of Fortnite lastnight in handheld and was pretty happy with it - no lag, stuttering or drops

I played it as well. Got 3rd in my second game..... Then failed miserably :pac:

I never got into it on Xbox but I'll play a few games most evenings on Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I played it as well. Got 3rd in my second game..... Then failed miserably :pac:

I never got into it on Xbox but I'll play a few games most evenings on Switch.

I'm completely new to it and like the look of it but afraid I'll get annihilated when I start to play! Any good tutorials anyone can recommend or is just learning it as you go the best way to approach it?

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    I'm completely new to it and like the look of it but afraid I'll get annihilated when I start to play! Any good tutorials anyone can recommend or is just learning it as you go the best way to approach it?

Thanks,
    M

Go to populated areas early on to get used to the combat. The more fighting you do early, the easier the end game will be when you get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Or go to quiet areas, knock some trees and practice building. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanks guys ;-)

Mr E wrote: »
    Or go to quiet areas, knock some trees and practice building. :)

Don't knock them all the way down! That gives away your position! Just take, like 90% of each tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, my 11 year old nephew gave out to me for completely knocking trees last weekend. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I keep getting wiped out by the storm, but the game is lots of fun, Especially the 50v50 mode. Havent mastered the building quite yet tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I had one go of Fortnite last night and ran around not having a clue what to do. Everyone I tried shooting at seemed to be on my team?!

I'll give it another go when I'm not so tired!

Advertisement