Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Piracy was enabled today. I won't link to anything and from what I can tell it's been possible for quite a while, for free. It's a little convoluted so regular pirates wouldn't have known how, until now.

If you do look it up, know it's so easy for Nintendo to tell what you're doing.

Switch banwave should follow in a few weeks.

Only if you go online with it ;-) :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Switch banwave should follow in a few weeks.

And rightly so. Blacklist the console and ban the username from ever accessing the online services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

madmoe wrote: »
    Only if you go online with it ;-) :cool:

Nintendo log every error on the console. Stay offline forever I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,026 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Team Sonic Racing - Gameplay Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUSYm807tiU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I see the original Donkey Kong has hit the eShop as an Arcade Archive game.

I believe that's the first time the full arcade game has ever been released for a home console (apart from being included in Donkey Kong 64 as a mini game)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thankfully that's not every game out this year, Hollow Knight and Mario Tennis are the only two on that list that even half interest me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Splatoon 2 DLC for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Funny how wolfenstein and crash are our the same day and yet are in different quarters. Anyway saw that on Reddit dont know if the poster did it or reposted it but its actually missing a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Depending on reviews I may pick up Octopath & Smash (If it has significant single player content). Other than Hollow Knight there ain't a lot on that list doing it for me.
    ZERO interest in Pokemon Let's Go & I have bought every Pokemon rpg game bar ultra sun/moon. Seems they hollowed out an already not very deep experience.
    Hopefully Wargroove & My Friend Pedro come out this year. Too much on other systems to take a chance on late 3rd party switch games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Has anyone played paladins on the switch yet? Tempted to get it. Would like a multiplayer shooter type game apart from fortnite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

magnumbud wrote: »
    Funny how wolfenstein and crash are our the same day and yet are in different quarters. Anyway saw that on Reddit dont know if the poster did it or reposted it but its actually missing a lot

Could be that crash got pushed forward and Wolfenstein was delayed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Has anyone played paladins on the switch yet? Tempted to get it. Would like a multiplayer shooter type game apart from fortnite

Yup. Not a lot but it's pretty good do far. Load times see fine, didn't suffer any lab, and there's a lot to learn in it. Bring the type of game, there's a lot of emphasis on premium unlocks, mainly cosmetics.

Good.

exc.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

chrislad wrote: »
    Yup. Not a lot but it's pretty good do far. Load times see fine, didn't suffer any lab, and there's a lot to learn in it. Bring the type of game, there's a lot of emphasis on premium unlocks, mainly cosmetics.

Downloaded it last night. Love it so far only played a few games but really enjoying it

Rumour: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has 'at least a half dozen characters still to be revealed'
    Simon Belmont of Konami's Castlevania series is supposedly one of the characters

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jun/16/rumor-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-least-half-dozen-characters-still-be-revealed/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Rumour: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has 'at least a half dozen characters still to be revealed'
    Simon Belmont of Konami's Castlevania series is supposedly one of the characters

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jun/16/rumor-super-smash-bros-ultimate-has-least-half-dozen-characters-still-be-revealed/

That's surprising considering the amount of time they spent on it over the last while!!

New ‘Tales Of’ Game Being Developed

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/174973581139
    http://gamestalk.net/post-97817/

I don't know if this is for Switch, Bandai Namco said back in May 2017 that they had a Tales of game for Switch, that could have been Tales of Vesperia. A remaster is one thing, a new game is another story(which they never promised). We'll find out in time, but I would expect a new Tales of game to push the boundaries.

• Advertisement

Panic Button's Adam Creighton on the ever shrinking window between release date and the Switch release

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/panic-buttons-adam-creighton-on-the-ever-shrinking-window-between-release-date-and-the-switch-release
    ...While day and date releases may still be a few years off at this stage...

A few years? The Switch will be on the way out the door at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

No sign of Mario Kart 9. Hope it will be worth waiting for. (Personally I have been waiting in the sense I did not get 8.)

sligeach wrote: »
    A few years? The Switch on the way out the door at that point.

The Switch (in its current guise) might have a relatively short lifespan, but I don't think Nintendo will stray too far from the current format. The Switch v2 could be next. Same format, but better specs.

No sign of Mario Kart 9. Hope it will be worth waiting for. (Personally I have been waiting in the sense I did not get 8.)

You could be waiting a while for Mario Kart 9. There's never been more than 1 version on any Nintendo system.

Nintendo and Disney are creating a show dedicated to the Nintendo Switch

http://uk.businessinsider.com/nintendo-disney-switch-show-2018-6

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr E wrote: »
    The Switch (in its current guise) might have a relatively short lifespan, but I don't think Nintendo will stray too far from the current format. The Switch v2 could be next. Same format, but better specs.

I can't help but feel by then the PS5 & Xbox One will be out and they're back to square one. Same happened with the WiiU it was underpowered from the time it hit the shelves. First party and indies it's fine but delayed or never arriving 3rd party games won't change anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ERG89 wrote: »
    I can't help but feel by then the PS5 & Xbox One will be out and they're back to square one. Same happened with the WiiU it was underpowered from the time it hit the shelves. First party and indies it's fine but delayed or never arriving 3rd party games won't change anytime soon.

nintendo havent competed on horsepower in a long time, and really the success of the switch shows that there is no need to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mr E wrote: »

I'd put money on a mid-gen update in much the same way we get the New 3DS.

And like a fool I'll be queuing up to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Star Link and Wolfenstein are the only games that interest me until 2019 :eek: Still on the fence about Aces

Disappointing but at least I will catch up with my current backlog.

• Advertisement

The boxed releases are the least of my concern.

I'm very happy playing stuff like Fortnite, Hollow Knight, Yoku's Island Express, Runner 3, West of Loathing, Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, Wizard of Legend and Immortal Redneck (and that's only from the last 5 weeks).

Advertisement