Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Probably already been discussed but Moonlighter is very enjoyable, especially for those fans of the Stardew Valley gameplay loop or rogue-lite games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not out on Switch yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Mr E wrote: »
    Not out on Switch yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. Looks great.

Oh is it not? I thought it came out late May!

I've been playing it on the xbox because my girlfriend is addicted to Stardew now and i'm struggling to get at my switch at all, when i do i'm trying to finish BOTW.

I'm about 4 hours in an enjoying Moonlighter anyway, can endorse!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Cyrus wrote: »
    nintendo havent competed on horsepower in a long time, and really the success of the switch shows that there is no need to

Depends if the sales stall as it's understandably night and day with the games out this year compared to last year. Not often a Mario Kart, Zelda and Mario game release in the same year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Cyrus wrote: »
    nintendo havent competed on horsepower in a long time, and really the success of the switch shows that there is no need to

Well I wouldn't jump to those conclusions just yet. The Wii U ports have almost ran their course. Post Christmas will be interesting as Nintendo don't really have a lot to fall back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't jump to those conclusions just yet. The Wii U ports have almost ran their course. Post Christmas will be interesting as Nintendo don't really have a lot to fall back on.

Fire emblem, pokemon gen 8, metroid prime 4, yoshi, bayonetta 3 all supposedly out next year can see a mario maker of some form coming too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

magnumbud wrote: »
    Fire emblem, pokemon gen 8, metroid prime 4, yoshi, bayonetta 3 all supposedly out next year can see a mario maker of some form coming too.

Which is all great. It's the third party support which 'worries' me.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Which is all great. It's the third party support which 'worries' me.

While i have concerns in that department too we will have to see how sales go from here to years end. At 18ish million since end of march we'll likely get an update end of this month as it seems to be every 3 months and it will be telling on if the sales are slowing down. If they aren't and it continues to largely grow between now and years end you cant see 3rd parties to not increase their support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,025 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't think Metroid Prime 4 will release in 2019. Big games like that take years to make. You're probably looking at Christmas 2020 at the earliest, by which time I expect a revised Switch will be on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

When the Switch does 'refresh', it will be interesting to see what form it takes. It could be faster chip, bigger processor etc and then theres the long speculated external processing unit. As for the Wii U comparisons, the Switch is a very different animal in terms of form and, unlike Wii U, doesn't directly compare because of the extra portability factor which has been a reason for a substantial number of sales in regards to how people have been using the Switch in both methods. It's a different path and if the software side keeps being added to then it should continue to be successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

sligeach wrote: »
    Panic Button's Adam Creighton on the ever shrinking window between release date and the Switch release

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/panic-buttons-adam-creighton-on-the-ever-shrinking-window-between-release-date-and-the-switch-release

A few years? The Switch will be on the way out the door at that point.

It must be pointed out that Panic Button didn't say that, the person who wrote the article added that at the end of the quotes.

Dragonball fighterz is out the 27th of September.

Edit: that's japans date so probably later here

WWE 2K19 seems to be skipping Switch this year

https://nintendoeverything.com/wwe-2k19-seems-to-be-skipping-switch-this-year/

After last years mess, I'm not surprised. They patched WWE 2K18 and it was still liquid diarrhea. They got a lot of slack over it and probably figure they don't need more bad publicity. The engine may just not be suitable for Switch or maybe they can't be bothered. Though you see more complex games running on Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I had forgot about that till I noticed Amazon had taken the money out of my bank account.

God that's looking very dated....

That and another world were great games

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

magnumbud wrote: »
    That and another world were great games

I played Flashback back in the day on my Amiga 600. A fantastic game and the graphics were well ahead for their time.

Not sure I could go back to it now, I may purchase it on Switch some day when I see it seriously reduced in price on the eStore.

Mario Tennis Aces - Koopa Troopa - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3sZh82ObVI

Mario Tennis Aces - Blooper - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Z0kmbxwgE

It's stupid that these characters aren't included in the game. It's not even out yet and they're talking about staged character releases. And Blooper is a stupid playable character, Chain Chomp looks silly as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I had (and still have somewhere on my attic) that on the megadrive. I loved that game back in the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Mario Tennis Aces - Koopa Troopa - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3sZh82ObVI

Mario Tennis Aces - Blooper - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Z0kmbxwgE

It's stupid that these characters aren't included in the game. It's not even out yet and they're talking about staged character releases. And Blooper is a stupid playable character, Chain Chomp looks silly as well.

To be fair, nobody looks their best playing tennis.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gonzo wrote: »
    I played Flashback back in the day on my Amiga 600. A fantastic game and the graphics were well ahead for their time.

Not sure I could go back to it now, I may purchase it on Switch some day when I see it seriously reduced in price on the eStore.

Same here, played it to death on the Amiga and loved it - much preferred it over Another World. Not sure what they're pricing it at but wouldn't pay more than €5 for it now. Having said that I'll probably stay clear of it altogether, wouldn't want to sour the fond memories I have of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I have it on my SNES, so will probably only pick up if it's cheap on the eshop.

Not the right price at the moment, anyway. Looks like it will be €19.99 here. Too much.

https://eshop-prices.com/games/852-flashback?currency=EUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »
    Not the right price at the moment, anyway. Looks like it will be €19.99 here. Too much.

https://eshop-prices.com/games/852-flashback?currency=EUR

Way too much. 5-10 and I'd consider it, but when I've got it at home anyway, not much point!

Aggelos is coming to Switch, it's available today on Steam and the developer say it'll be on Switch soon.

Aggelos - Launch Trailer - Steam

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WMVSb4N5lDc

Aggelos is a wonderful homage to Wonderboy - staying true to the aesthetic, but modernising the mechanics with Metroidvania leanings!
    Step through time and discover a mesmerizing new action-RPG that looks like it was plucked straight out of the 16-bit era, but plays like a modern-day marvel! Inspired by non-linear Japanese retro adventures such as Wonder Boy In Monster World, Aggelos hurls players into the middle of a colossal struggle for survival as beings from another dimension threaten to invade the peaceful Kingdom of Lumen. Bursting with secrets and side-quests, and boasting slick melee combat that any 2D action game would envy, Aggelos is the perfect combination of retro style and modern-day game design.
    A vast kingdom to explore

Venture through forests, seas, cave systems and ancient temples as you seek to uncover the magical elements needed to save the world from total annihilation.

A classical non-linear adventure

Explore a sprawling world that gradually reveals itself, Metroidvania-style, as you gain new abilities and equipment.

Deadly encounters

Thwart towering bosses and their tricky minions as you take on perilous mainline quests and optional odd-jobs for the people of Lumen.

Tactical depth

Unlock magical abilities and high-level attacks, expertly chaining these immense powers together to clear screens of enemies in seconds.

Stunning sprite art

Forget out-of-place modern art: Aggelos boasts superlative character designs and animations while remaining proudly, and faithfully, 16-bit through and through.

Memorable chiptunes

Lose yourself to a retro-inspired soundtrack that floods the Kingdom of Lumen with life.

Aggelos is coming to Switch, it's available today on Steam and the developer say it'll be on Switch soon.

If all the music is like that, I think I'd be turning it off. I love 8-bit music, but it has to have a decent melody.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

So yv xii is out next week and its a game i was interested in since it was teased last year. Its like an mix of xenoblade 2 and the hack n slash of hyrulre warriors. It got zero coverage at 3e but nintendolife gave it a v.good review here

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/ys_viii_lacrimosa_of_dana

Tis out the 26th june

Advertisement