Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's terrible news for the secondhand market!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,025 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Not just that it's bad for the secondhand market, it gives Nintendo the power to potentially completely eradicate it. I don't know would consumer laws prevent them from performing such an act.

It's greed disguised as good will. A consumer will not the status of a cartridge until it's too late and won't bother to take the risk in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember YLOD PS3 and RROD 360s being traded into shops with quick patch jobs that got them through the trade in check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

If a game has been used to pirate, banning the donor game card is the only way to do it. The store taking in second hand games has the responsibility to check it's not a banned cart, the same way stores check for blacklisted phones. The secondhand market, in store or not, has always been risky, it's up to a person to do any due diligence they can and not because a company wants to protect their intellectual property by attempting to block illegal copying. They'd be blamed if it was rampant too.

Apparently they can now stop header data being shared between games, like what happened to the 3DS, as they can detect if it is from an authorised game card. It also seems a mismatched 'ticket ID' between cart and console will mean a ban from online.

• Advertisement

Resident Evil 2 Not Planning on Nintendo Switch Version

https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-2-nintendo-switch/

MARIO TENNIS ACES REQUIRES AN EXTRA 2GB DOWNLOAD

https://nintendosoup.com/mario-tennis-aces-requires-an-extra-2gb-download/
    mario-tennis-aces-eu-box-back-1.jpg

Why? The game on Wii U was 888MB. On Switch, it's meant to be just barely over 2GB and now it has a 2GB download? Nintendo penny pinching again? Then there's those stupid staged character downloads coming. It sounds like they've used a 2GB cartridge and everything else is downloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's a day one patch apparently to initiate the online element of the game. Some reviewers held off a final score for this reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So much of modern games code is replaced early and repeatedly with updates, why use up valuable space on a card when it's going to be obsolete by the time it comes out or shortly afterwards, better to make that component downloadable from the get go.
    I reckon that has a lot to do with the downloads required for most games that demand them.

2gb download
    The end is nigh

I think it's great idea banning the carts. Clamp down hard on this as piracy will only kill the console.
    Up to retailers to check the carts, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Commentary I've read online says that this won't affect the 2nd hand market at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

You might get the odd poor sod banned from buying a pirated second hand cart but then it will be on the shop to sort them out as the shops should be doing their due diligence to ensure stuff like that doesn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

magnumbud wrote: »
    You might get the odd poor sod banned from buying a pirated second hand cart but then it will be on the shop to sort them out as the shops should be doing their due diligence to ensure stuff like that doesn't happen.

Not much the shop can do. I could rip a game, trade it in, everything is ok from the shops pov, then I distribute the rip. By the time it comes to Nintendo's attention some poor sap could have bought the game from the store.

What about private sales on sites like Ebay, Adverts and DoneDeal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Holidays - 2018 apparently

Didn't see this mentioned yet.
    I've sunk a good few hours into the PC version, be interesting to see how a 'mouse/keyboard - point & click' translates to the Switch. Might have to double-dip and get it again if I'm ever to have any chance of completing it (and choosing a better starting class :D)

EA HAS "NO CURRENT PLANS" FOR NHL 19 ON SWITCH

https://gonintendo.com/stories/311844-ea-has-no-current-plans-for-nhl-19-on-switch

So that's no Madden, no NBA Live and now no NHL. But, hey, at least there's FIFA, right. And the Unravel 2 developers were only saying yesterday that EA want to make Switch games. Sure they do. Sure they do!

I was looking in to what's going on with the PGA Tour golf games. Seems EA aren't making them anymore. That was a long partnership, going back to 1990. I don't know if they lost it or they don't care about it anymore. There's another company that has the license, they're calling it "The Golf Club 2019". It's due for release in August 2019, releasing on PS4, XB1 and PC. No Switch version. The game sounds quite limited, only TPC courses and no likeness of professional players included. I miss the golf games, bought many of them on Gamecube and Wii.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-video-game-to-get-a-new-look-with-ea-sports-out-as-the-official-licensing-partner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

I'll settle for a Mario Golf anyday over that other ****e !:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was looking on the e-shop this morning and yep, Flashback is priced at €19.99 - total rip off. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

sligeach wrote: »
    EA HAS "NO CURRENT PLANS" FOR NHL 19 ON SWITCH

https://gonintendo.com/stories/311844-ea-has-no-current-plans-for-nhl-19-on-switch

So that's no Madden, no NBA Live and now no NHL. But, hey, at least there's FIFA, right. And the Unravel 2 developers were only saying yesterday that EA want to make Switch games. Sure they do. Sure they do!

I was looking in to what's going on with the PGA Tour golf games. Seems EA aren't making them anymore. That was a long partnership, going back to 1990. I don't know if they lost it or they don't care about it anymore. There's another company that has the license, they're calling it "The Golf Club 2019". It's due for release in August 2019, releasing on PS4, XB1 and PC. No Switch version. The game sounds quite limited, only TPC courses and no likeness of professional players included. I miss the golf games, bought many of them on Gamecube and Wii.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-video-game-to-get-a-new-look-with-ea-sports-out-as-the-official-licensing-partner

If its anything like unravel its no loss ,it was a bang average game for me that i just could not get into.looked pretty but that ws about it .

• Advertisement

geotrig wrote: »
    I'll settle for a Mario Golf anyday over that other ****e !:D

That's factually nonsense. They weren't "****e". They were great games. The use of Wii motionplus was very good too. I really liked Toadstool Tour on Gamecube, but that's just it, there hasn't been a console Mario Golf game since then. And if I was to choose between EA's or Nintendo's version of the game, I'd choose EA(the w@nk€r$) all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

i really wanted a madden

I poured 50 hours into Mario Golf on the 3DS. We need another!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I'd love a new set of nhl hitz and nfl blitz rather than the sim ones but more cause i dont get each sport enough to go with sims

MZJh7GT83dB7z-Yw.jpg:small

NEW Bloomberg Businessweek cover: Nintendo’s Switch helped the Japanese gaming giant win again.

Victor Vran: Overkill Edition Nintendo Switch Release Date Announcement PEGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7UCv_v6wfM
    Slay demons anytime, anywhere, when Victor Vran: Overkill Edition lands on Nintendo Switch August 28th

Victor Vran Overkill Edition launches on the Nintendo Switch August 28th, 2018 and includes the Fractured Worlds and Motörhead Through the Ages expansions.

www.victorvran.com | www.facebook.com/victorvran | www.twitter.com/victorvran

Become Victor, hunter of demons. Forge your own hero on a quest to liberate the cursed city of Zagoravia.

Enter the world of “Motörhead: Through the Ages”, a wild tour through the mythos of the loudest band in the world! Harness the powers of the immortal Motörhead to defeat deadly new adversaries in three demon-infested worlds intertwined with the songs of the band.

Journey to the Fractured Worlds, a dimension formed from the fragments of broken realms. A perilous place for even the most experienced of hunters, explore its unfathomed depths through new levels and endless dungeons where each step proves more dangerous than the last. Continue your journey as Victor as you attempt to piece together the Astrolabe in this new, thrilling addition to Victor Vran.

Music courtesy of UDR GmbH © 2018

Nintendo Switch Version "Valkyria 4 on the Battlefield" Promotion Video(Japanese)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tKoihOis9k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sligeach wrote: »

All they have to do is release Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo to the eShop and after that they can do what they want.

Advertisement