Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was browsing Twitch over the weekend and one of the streamers I follow was playing Hollow Knight. It came out on PC in February to amazing reviews. I was tempted to grab it on Steam and stopped when I saw that it was coming to Switch some time this year. It's a 30+ hour huge dark souls metroidvania hybrid with gorgeous hand drawn art and a great aesthetic. Amazing music too.

Come on, Switch version... hurry up. :)

dunworth1 wrote: »
    the physical version wont require the space

Oh I know that was just wondering was it digital only.
    I buy all my games physical.
    It's important from a marketing perspective too IMO. More games on the shelf makes it more attractive for the average consumer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Mr E wrote: »
    Mr. Shifty. Release date is still TBA.

Release for this Thursday afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Release for this Thursday afaik

Yeah, it's appeared on the eShop last night. Looks like we might get the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo on Thursday too (for those too lazy to invent an imaginary Japanese friend).

Tick Tock - Tick Tock
    Please be a sequel, please be a sequel!

http://www.sega.com/14111219

• Advertisement

THQ Nordic are publishing Grasshopper's bullet hell shooter Sine Mora EX on Switch.

Here is a trailer for the regular Sine Mora (not EX) to show you what it's like.

Hopefully there is lots of new content in the EX version - the original game is about 5 years old but still looks great.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/sine_mora_ex_is_on_its_way_to_the_nintendo_switch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tick Tock - Tick Tock
    Please be a sequel, please be a sequel!

http://www.sega.com/14111219

My bets on it being bayo2 for x1 and p4. Nintendo direct tomorrow to try and get people to forget. Just like zombiu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

/\/ollog wrote: »
    My bets on it being bayo2 for x1 and p4. Nintendo direct tomorrow to try and get people to forget. Just like zombiu.

That would be sad news! Great to have it as a Wii U exclusive. Didn't Nintendo fund it, wonder would they allow it on other consoles? Might be wrong about that. My guess is Bayonetta 1 on PC. My dream is Bayonetta 3 on Switch and a special edition Trilogy pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A Bayonetta sequel with Ltd Edition Triple Pack cart - even if it just authorises you to download the first 2 - would be sweeeeeeeet. Loved the 2nd one, need an excuse to go back to the 1st one. If they could work in a plot point that explains why the first two make no fecking sense at all, that would only sweeten the deal.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    That would be sad news! Great to have it as a Wii U exclusive. Didn't Nintendo fund it, wonder would they allow it on other consoles? Might be wrong about that. My guess is Bayonetta 1 on PC. My dream is Bayonetta 3 on Switch and a special edition Trilogy pack.

This +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Don't do it to yourselves folks, it'll be Bayonetta on Steam launching today or this week.

or... could this be Hideki Kamiya's teased DLC campaign for Arms, starring Bayonetta.... and called Legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It is indeed Bayonetta getting a steam release.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Its just the original Bayonetta on PC???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Oh well! This is mean, because it's a great game that everyone should get the chance to play, but I'm kinda glad it's not Bayonetta 2going multi platform! Those who dislike Nintendo for whatever reason would be insufferable in their doomsday predictions!

Its just the original Bayonetta on PC???

Yeah. Big load of nothing really.

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/460790/

Sigh

1 minute to go - the PC Thing could just be a sweetener.... come on the Switch...

*I believe in sequels**I believe in sequels*I believe in sequels*I believe in sequels*I believe in sequels*

Edit : Ah balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

June 16th for Arms
    July 21st for Splatoon 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Has anyone given The Sexy Brutale a go? Very tempted, but still very Zelda at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Add to that:

Puyo Puyo Tetris - April 2017
    Disgaea 5 Complete - May 23
    Fate/Extella - July 25
    Project Mekuru - Summer 2017
    Sonic Mania - Summer 2017
    Sine Mora EX - Summer 2017
    Battlechasers: Nightwar - Summer 2017
    Namco Museum - Summer 2017
    Monopoly - Autumn 2017
    Sonic Forces - Holiday 2017
    Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition - 2017
    Payday 2 - 2017

And then that half the direct was spent on the 3DS (you know the console with 65 million units out there that's still being supported), I can't say I'm that disappointed.

Kamiko is out in the Japanese eShop and it has an English language option. 500 Yen (just under €5).
    Get a 1000 Yen card here for €11.31.

I think Puyo Puyo is the same day as Mario Kart.

Yes it is.

It looks like Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is out next week too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a definite want for PuyoPuyo/Tetris, and Mario Kart 8 Dx and WonderBoy means this is going to be an expensive April for this gamer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mr E wrote: »
    Kamiko is out in the Japanese eShop and it has an English language option. 500 Yen (just under €5).
    Get a 1000 Yen card here for €11.31.

That looks pretty good might buy that tonight when i get home

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

fixxxer wrote: »
    Has anyone given The Sexy Brutale a go? Very tempted, but still very Zelda at the moment.

Is it coming to Switch? Thought it was just PC, XBone and PS4

Yeah, don't see it on the US store....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thumper was officially announced in the Japanese Direct, after it was shown on the release posters a few weeks ago.

Great news is that it will be released in May, in Japan at least. By May there will be a really good selection of games available, much more diverse than the Wii U in the same length of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That's so strange. I was sure I read about it on the Switch yesterday in a few places. It seems it was all a mad fevered dream. Sorry everyone.

Advertisement