Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Xenji wrote: »
    No mention of TWEWU, I can see it quietly being pushed back to 2019.

On Nintendo's release timeline graphic, it's down as an Autumn (Fall) release. I wonder if there will be some form of Direct or Direct Mini in the next few months.

https://nintendowire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/NintendoSwitch-Release-Schedule.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Considering E3 was mostly a smash direct. Im exepecting a long direct from nintendo with a whole go of new releases for their next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Hello? Mods? Have you just given up and are letting this place rot?

Whatever about the nonsensical Switch posts, surely this is a step too far?

Stop whinging Donal. Sure don't you have your cakes?

And if you don't you can improve your technique with Overcooked 2 on Nintendo Switch (TM). Released Aug 07, 2018.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Right, moving on and back to news, that's Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases to give it it's full title.
    And the previous instruction stands, and any breach may result in consequences for posters, as per the rules of the site, which we all signed up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is now compatible with the Toy-Con handlebars from Labo. Pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1011413740921802753?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Crash bandicoot is out at the end of the month, he was never my favourite character but I'll probably end up buying it, in a sale.

http://m.ie.ign.com/videos/2018/06/25/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-nintendo-switch-launch-trailer

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Crash bandicoot is out at the end of the month, he was never my favourite character but I'll probably end up buying it, in a sale.

http://m.ie.ign.com/videos/2018/06/25/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-nintendo-switch-launch-trailer

Kinda hard for it to exist on a format that also hosts Mario Odyssey!

Still, I've held off buying it up to now, I'll see what sort of discounts are to be had in alternate eshops and pick it up.

Corholio wrote: »
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is now compatible with the Toy-Con handlebars from Labo. Pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1011413740921802753?s=19

I wonder, does this mean that the set up gives MK8Dx an analogue throttle now?
    Or is the Labo motorcycle game got just all gas /no gas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Still, I've held off buying it up to now, I'll see what sort of discounts are to be had in alternate eshops and pick it up.

I got it on PS4 because herself loved all the Crash games.

It's still very good but landing jumps is a little more difficult as they rounded the edge of his toes and in the orginal games they are square so you could "cling" onto ledges a bit easier.

No immediate plans for more Wolfenstien Switch ports but Panic Button ready to rock if Bethesda come calling

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/no_plans_for_more_wolfenstein_switch_ports_but_panic_button_is_totally_up_for_it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finally some news but Japan only so far, The World Ends With You Final Remix - Releases September 27th.

Funny Story about Solid Snakes arse in Smash Bros

David Hayter not happy :P

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-25-david-hayter-pooh-poohs-solid-snakes-flat-arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got it for 26 from Amazon, when I ordered it a while back. That's a fairly decent price for it, I thought. It's 29.99 at the moment which isn't terrible for 3 games.

Lumines Remastered out today.

Nintendo
    Metacritic

Very little of it online, is there a review embargo?

i-rLqJwtq.jpg

As true today as it was 13 years ago.

Honestly think Lumines is the best puzzle game ever. I'd put it above Tetris.

For €15, it's got to be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

To me €15 sounds extremely pricey for that kind of game!!! Though should it ever become available around €5 I'd take a look.

ionapaul wrote: »
    To me €15 sounds extremely pricey for that kind of game!!! Though should it ever become available around €5 I'd take a look.

I bought it back in the day as a launch title for my imported PSP, and it was worth every penny and, like Tetris, it hasn't aged a day.
    I'd happily pay nearly new game money for Lumines in physical form but I'll be buying this as soon as I get home!
    It's an absolute cracker.
    Falling blocks/colour matching games are ten a penny out there, but Lumines is a cut above.
    Q? did the best job of integrating blocks, music and audio queues into what amounts to digital crack.
    Just don't forget to blink and, if you are troubled by subsequent dreaming in glorious colour and eurodance tracks, don't resist, lean into it!

ionapaul wrote: »

Honestly if it came out as a full-price €60 release, I'd snap it up. Lumines is just so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Honestly think Lumines is the best puzzle game ever. I'd put it above Tetris.

While I liked Lumines (I had it on the PSP....well I still have it on the PSP at home, maybe I'll dig it out after this!), I still preferred Tetris. I bought Ultimate Tetris last week on the Xbox store for a tenner last week and had forgotten how much I loved the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Lumines Remastered out today.

Nintendo
    Metacritic

Very little of it online, is there a review embargo?

Lads, the HD rumble on this is so awesome. :D

I'm hoping someone else has bought it and will confirm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just over €11 in South Africa.

Mr E wrote: »

I'm on it like a car bonnet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm on it like a car bonnet!

Read this and my eye picked out 'South Africa' and what I thought was 'Car Bomb' and thought "hm, don't think I've ever seen a moderator infract themselves."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lumines review by SwitchWatch:

Friend Leaderboards is a nice touch. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Friend Leaderboards is a nice touch. :)

Aye. The ability to put extra joy cons around your body for added vibration is an interesting addition... :pac:

Played it on PSP and didn't see what the fuss was about but probably just give it enough time. Might pick it up after pay day, Hollow Knight has my full attention on Switch at the minute.

Apologies it if was mentioned already, but you can sign up for a beta of Arena of Valor on the Switch here:

https://twitter.com/ArenaofValor/status/1010175858013851649

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Lads, the HD rumble on this is so awesome. :D

I'm hoping someone else has bought it and will confirm!

Confirmed.
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye. The ability to put extra joy cons around your body for added vibration is an interesting addition... :pac:

Anyone remember the Rez Trance Vibrator?

Confirmed.

Anyone remember the Rez Trance Vibrator?

I remember buying a pre-owned one was worrisome, certainly a good once over with a disinfectant wipe would be mandated....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Apologies it if was mentioned already, but you can sign up for a beta of Arena of Valor on the Switch here:

https://twitter.com/ArenaofValor/status/1010175858013851649
    I thought there wasn't skins on the switch....

Advertisement