Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hollow Kinght has sold 250,000 units in the first two weeks.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2018/06/29/hollow-knight-sold-over-250000-copies-on-switch-in-its-first-two-weeks

Those are excellent numbers in fairness. Does anyone know what sort of sales it had on other systems since launch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It's cool the things they can do but it's no substitute for a proper arcade stick imo.

True, but it is only $19.99.

One would hope some sort of low latency solution would be *just* around the corner, so you could use a decent USB Arcade stick with the Switch.

Maybe something like this?
    https://www.amazon.com/FastSnail-Controller-Converter-Controllers-Compatible/dp/B073ZFPJLQ

Maxpfizer wrote:
    The game is easy to complete within 12 hours or so and once you've hit all the main story beats then they aren't worth going back to. The story isn't that great, in my opinion.

Maxpfizer wrote:
    The past couple of years worth of releases of so many great open world titles has kind of clouded how I would compare the cost of games. BotW with 150+ hours at 60 Euro vs Wolfenstein 2 with 20 to 30 hours max at 60 euro just makes Wolfenstein feel unappealing.

Value for money is not defined by hours of gameplay. I think that Wolfenstein 2 was one of the best release of the past number of years, a fun and thrilling FPS with a great story and some of the most demented and down right fun gameplay around. I got maybe 16 hours out of it and bought it day one on PS4 and then later on the PC and quite happy with it. I'd sooner a great 16 hour game instead of a mediocre 100 hour one.

Its funny how so few people have an issue paging €10 for a cinema ticket for a 90 minute film but €60 for a possible 30 hour game is seen as extortionate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Looks pretty good for what it is actually.
    There are cheapo ones you can also get from China.
    Have you seen this vid already ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Rhyme wrote: »
    A tweet just posted on Reddit seems to lend some truth that Ubisoft have created a game engine specifically for the Nintendo Switch. I'd call that good news :) Even a few Far Cry or Assassin Creed ports would be very welcome.

"We've created a new engine just for our project, called "Codename: SnowFX"
    It's an engine created especially for Nintendo Switch, supports new features and visuals. We're working on it since two years now and the results are pretty interresting. We'll showcase this engine ASAP !"

Text pasted from the Reddit discussion as I can't access the original tweet from work.

Just on this. The guy, who has leaked a few things over the last few months, is an ex-Ubisoft employee. The engine he mentions is for his own indie project and not Ubisoft related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can everyone please buy "Inside".

It's so good.

So so good.

fixxxer wrote: »

It's so good.

So so good.

Great game indeed. But not one I'd play through a second time and defo not at 20 quid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was an amazing game, got it for the PS4, but it's something I could play through maybe twice and, as already said, I wouldn't be paying 19.99 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nicked from Facebook... July games on Switch.

7/2 | SpiritSphere DX
    7/3 | Runbow
    7/4 | Nekopara, Vol. 1
    7/5 | Pocket Rumble
    7/5 | Samurai Shodown V
    7/5 | Two Crude Dudes
    7/5 | Squids Odyssey
    7/5 | Awkward
    7/5 | Disease: Hidden Object
    7/5 | Miles & Kilo
    7/5 | Mushroom Wars 2
    7/5 | Super Rock Blasters!
    7/5 | The Journey Down: Chapter Three
    7/5 | Yuso
    7/6 | The Wardrobe
    7/8 | Rento Fortune Monolit
    7/9 | Pato Box
    7/10 | 20XX
    7/10 | Shining Resonance Refrain
    7/10 | R.B.I. Baseball '18
    7/10 | Bomber Crew
    7/10 | Muddledash
    7/10 | Neverout
    7/10 | Hunting Simulator
    7/10 | The Lion’s Song
    7/10 | Hotel Transylvania 3: Monsters Overboard
    7/12 | Ghost 1.0
    7/12 | Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!
    7/12 | Super Volley Blast
    7/12 | Fill-a-Pix: Phil’s Epic Adventure
    7/13 | Octopath Traveler
    7/13 | Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (3DS and Switch)
    7/17 | Sonic Mania Plus
    7/17 | Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded
    7/17 | Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion
    7/19 | Frost
    7/19 | Pool Panic
    7/19 | Tanzia
    7/20 | Heroki
    7/24 | Mega Man X: Legacy Collection
    7/24 | Mega Man X: Legacy Collection 2
    7/24 | Voez (Switch retail)
    7/26 | Sleep Tight
    7/26 | Candle: The Power of the Flame
    7/27 | Hello Neighbor
    7/27 | Go Vacation
    7/27 | Final Light: The Prison
    7/31 | Code of Princess EX
    7/31 | Titan Quest

• Advertisement

Very in-depth analysis of Wolfenstein 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Great analysis, but if I do get this, I'll get it on my PS4. I loved Doom on the Switch, and while it was very, very technically impressive, it just seemed like I would have had been less frustrated with some parts on a bigger screen (most of my Switch time is portable, which is another reason)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mr E wrote: »
    Nicked from Facebook... July games on Switch.

7/2 | SpiritSphere DX
    7/3 | Runbow
    7/4 | Nekopara, Vol. 1
    7/5 | Pocket Rumble
    7/5 | Samurai Shodown V
    7/5 | Two Crude Dudes
    7/5 | Squids Odyssey
    7/5 | Awkward
    7/5 | Disease: Hidden Object
    7/5 | Miles & Kilo
    7/5 | Mushroom Wars 2
    7/5 | Super Rock Blasters!
    7/5 | The Journey Down: Chapter Three
    7/5 | Yuso
    7/6 | The Wardrobe
    7/8 | Rento Fortune Monolit
    7/9 | Pato Box
    7/10 | 20XX
    7/10 | Shining Resonance Refrain
    7/10 | R.B.I. Baseball '18
    7/10 | Bomber Crew
    7/10 | Muddledash
    7/10 | Neverout
    7/10 | Hunting Simulator
    7/10 | The Lion’s Song
    7/10 | Hotel Transylvania 3: Monsters Overboard
    7/12 | Ghost 1.0
    7/12 | Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!
    7/12 | Super Volley Blast
    7/12 | Fill-a-Pix: Phil’s Epic Adventure
    7/13 | Octopath Traveler
    7/13 | Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (3DS and Switch)
    7/17 | Sonic Mania Plus
    7/17 | Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded
    7/17 | Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion
    7/19 | Frost
    7/19 | Pool Panic
    7/19 | Tanzia
    7/20 | Heroki
    7/24 | Mega Man X: Legacy Collection
    7/24 | Mega Man X: Legacy Collection 2
    7/24 | Voez (Switch retail)
    7/26 | Sleep Tight
    7/26 | Candle: The Power of the Flame
    7/27 | Hello Neighbor
    7/27 | Go Vacation
    7/27 | Final Light: The Prison
    7/31 | Code of Princess EX
    7/31 | Titan Quest

Octopath Traveler, is the only game I have any interest in that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

fixxxer wrote: »

It's so good.

So so good.
    Limbo was also great; same sort of game by same people

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Octopath Traveler, is the only game I have any interest in that list.

Other than that & Megaman X which I'd rather buy on a system with a better d-pad

Hello Neighbour is the only one for me, out of those.
    But I've enough to be playing in the mean time.

Darius collection coming to Switch early next year! :eek:
    No Darius Burst but still.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/warning_darius_cozmic_collection_is_approaching_switch_fast

The Switch is fast becoming the console of choice for shmup fans (other than a modded 360).

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Darius collection coming to Switch early next year! :eek:
    No Darius Burst but still.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/warning_darius_cozmic_collection_is_approaching_switch_fast

The Switch is fast becoming the console of choice for shmup fans (other than a modded 360).

Fantastic!
    Best news!

I have Darius Burst running on the cab, via PSP emu, so not to bad!

Come on though, we need Cave stuff asap!
    Deathsmiles II FTW!

Come on though, we need Cave stuff asap!
    Deathsmiles II FTW!

Chances are I'm going to pick up that Hori RAP V at some point (hopefully in a sale) but yeah if the Cave games started releasing it'd be a no brainer for me.

I actually went looking on my shelf at the 360 shooters I haven't played in years - Ketsui Extra, Akai Katana, DoDonpachi Saidaioujou, EspGaluda 2 BL - would be amazing if they got Switch releases.

• Advertisement

As long as MS don't seem to be bothered providing them as backwards compatible on the XB1 I can only hope for a Switch release.
    Under Defeat would be great too!

So, Namco are bringing retro gaming goodness to the Switch.

Namco Museum Arcade Pac Is A 2-in-1 Bundle Coming Exclusively To Switch

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/namco_museum_arcade_pac_is_a_2-in-1_bundle_coming_exclusively_to_switch

A two/twelve in one pack of both Pacman Championship Edition 2 and Namco Museum.
    I own the ultimate Namco Museum bundle already, for the PS, but I'm a sucker for Galaga, especially if it's a physical edition.

So, Namco are bringing retro gaming goodness to the Switch.

Namco Museum Arcade Pac Is A 2-in-1 Bundle Coming Exclusively To Switch

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/namco_museum_arcade_pac_is_a_2-in-1_bundle_coming_exclusively_to_switch

A two/twelve in one pack of both Pacman Championship Edition 2 and Namco Museum.
    I own the ultimate Namco Museum bundle already, for the PS, but I'm a sucker for Galaga, especially if it's a physical edition.

Saw that earlier but never clicked in to see the list of games - Galaga '88 oh yes!! Love that game.

Crash Bandicoot sales make it the fastest selling Switch game of 2018 in UK!!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/crash_bandicoot_is_the_fastest_selling_switch_game_in_2018_as_it_rockets_to_uk_number_one

On a personal note: It's a great version, perfect game for the Switch platform.

This weeks games releases on Switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nothing there interests me unfortunately, octopath next week and shining force to look forward too though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That first game, Spiritsphere... sprites taken from Link's Awakening?

• Advertisement

Nintendo saying that the 20 million shipment target for this year will be met without issue

https://www.dualshockers.com/nintendo-no-problems-switch-production-20-million/

Advertisement