Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That the other game that they said they were doing? Looking it up, it says it's free to play. Wonder if it'll be that way on Switch

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That the other game that they said they were doing? Looking it up, it says it's free to play. Wonder if it'll be that way on Switch

Yep F2P and same on Switch. Great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very nice release for Switch. It's a fantastic f2p game and has a pretty big player base now. It'll be interesting to see the performance of it on Switch. Panic Button should get the very best out of it though, nice surprise as their work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That is a nice surprise alright. Never paid the game any attention until I saw Skill-Up's review, excellent game it is!

July week 2 relesases for Switch

https://youtu.be/iFqfAlSHAhU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Warframe is good now? I played it when it launched on the PS4 and thought it was muck.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Warframe is good now? I played it when it launched on the PS4 and thought it was muck.

Ya it's a very different game now then from launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched a 20 minute 2018 review of Warframe and I'm sold. As long as they don't pull a "Paladins" and have a forced payment for early adopters, I think it will do very well. From what I've heard about Digital Extremes and their investment in this game, I think it will be free up front. They're in it for the long haul and they are doing micro-transactions the right way (100% optional).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

fixxxer wrote: »

I played it when it launched on pc and thought the same.

They've put a lot of marketing into the game in the years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 WithTheRanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ooh lovely. I'll have to double-check that my hands are clean before picking up the Switch now, big smear-y digits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Is it just me or does that lad have super long fingers?

Toki Revival coming to Switch on November 22nd, with quite a unique 'Retrollector Edition' which includes a mini wooden arcade frame to put your Switch into.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/08/toki-revival-nintendo-switch-collectors-edition-release-date/

toki-1120993.jpeg

toki-2-1120992.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

When is Wastelands 2 out? Day one purchase for me it is brilliant. I've 150 hours put into the pc version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Corholio wrote: »
    Toki Revival coming to Switch on November 22nd, with quite a unique 'Retrollector Edition' which includes a mini wooden arcade frame to put your Switch into.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/08/toki-revival-nintendo-switch-collectors-edition-release-date/

toki-1120993.jpeg

toki-2-1120992.jpeg

Oh my lord.

One of my earliest gaming memories is playing this at the back of the local snooker club. It was 20p so fairly expensive but it made a nice change from Street Fighter 2 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

When is Wastelands 2 out? Day one purchase for me it is brilliant. I've 150 hours put into the pc version

Autumn 2018 (https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Wasteland-2-Director-s-Cut-1390526.html)

probably no earlier than November. Which is ok, since it seems like it dropped off the face of the earth after its first announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Amazon have that Toki collectors edition for a very reasonable £45 delivered. Loved the original and the Amiga port so I have to have it.

I liked Toki back in the day and played it a fair bit in the arcade.
    I don't think it has aged particularly well - it's a bit clunky and slow by modern platforming standards.
    If it's just a graphics update (with no gameplay changes), I'll wait for a big discount before buying.

• Advertisement

Just an FYI that this is free on Xbox Game Pass at the minute.
    Mr E wrote: »
    I liked Toki back in the day and played it a fair bit in the arcade.
    I don't think it has aged particularly well - it's a bit clunky and slow by modern platforming standards.
    If it's just a graphics update (with no gameplay changes), I'll wait for a big discount before buying.

Played it on the Amiga and never liked it much, too damn hard even for games back then. It would want to be sub 10 quid to make me take a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dead Cells coming out of Early access, and will be launching on August 7th on PC, PS4, Xbox One and... SWITCH!

It's a fantastic rogue-like Metroidvania-esque game (only slightly). Have it on PC and loving it enough that I'm considering getting the Switch version too.

Edit: Trailer...

Same week as Overcooked 2 and Okami HD. Mother of God... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Our poor wallets...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1016737581608955909?s=19

Feels this has been happening for a while. The eShop update feels like a bit of a crapshoot at times.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

It's getting worse than steam. Devalues the whole platform imo to see pure ****e being rolled out en masse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But that's the fault of the eShop interface rather than the first world problem of too many releases of games worth buying.
    Definitely needs some new approach to curating, but I think a solution is on the way,
    https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-committed-to-improving-switch-eshop-curation-says-coo/

Curation is the best bet. Add lots of filters, add (back) the ratings system to allow people to rate games and the cream will rise to the top.

"Too many games" really is a first world complaint. Nintendo have been much better at screening out the complete turkeys and keeping most games at a better than average standard.

It will be interesting to see if the "20-30 per week" promise means loosening their standards. I hope it's just a sign that everyone wants to publish on Switch. Great for us if that's the case.

Slime-San Superslime Edition 50% off on e-shop at the minute. All the new content is free to existing owners. Only played the demo before but couldn't say no at that price.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/slime-sanrs_big_new_expansion_is_now_live_on_switch
    New Content: Sheeple’s Sequel

– 20 normal and NG+ levels designed by Sheeple!
    – 2 new play styles that totally change up the game!
    – 70 [BUGS] to collect and spent in an art gallery!
    – 2 new mini-games, a rythm & flying simulator!
    – A brand new boss fight that pushes your skills to the limit!
    – A brand new hub world, Sheeple HQ!
    – Loads of new cutscenes and story elements to experience and enjoy!
    – New secret characters and set-pieces to discover across your journey!
    – New music by Meganeko!
    – More neat secrets!

New Content: Superslime Edition!

– 10 new and very unique levels!
    – A new playstyle… Where you can’t jump at all?

New Features

– Dynamic color mode where handpicked palettes are used for each world!
    – Saturation slider, now you can adjust saturation as well!
    – New custom camera slider, adjust how much it zooms in!

Adjustments

– Various minor fixes

• Advertisement

I just redownloaded it.
    I have to say, there is an awful lot of Super Meatboy clones out there!

Advertisement