Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I love pixel art games but I always thought that game had a very ugly palette and that put me off from getting it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just redownloaded it.
    I have to say, there is an awful lot of Super Meatboy clones out there!

Same for lots of genres tbh.
    Mr E wrote: »
    I love pixel art games but I always thought that game had a very ugly palette and that put me off from getting it.

Reminds me of Spectrum games. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wish they'd just hurry up and we can then post the news
    "Raiden, Raiden 2, Raiden Dx and Viper Phase multipack coming to the Switch next week!"

I mean, it's not, but I wish it would!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wish they'd just hurry up and we can then post the news
    "Raiden, Raiden 2, Raiden Dx and Viper Phase multipack coming to the Switch next week!"

I mean, it's not, but I wish it would!

:pac:

That Raiden Fighters Aces pack that was released on 360 would be excellent too!

Kind of related - I was thinking of getting an arcade stick for the Switch and then remembered that Mayflash Magic-NS adapter thingie, so ordered that the other day from Amazon. Going to hook up my modded 360 SFIV stick (this one) and see how it goes. Should work better for platformers too (or most games that don't require twin sticks). The adapter is supposed to work pretty good, not just for arcade sticks either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have the collection released for the Android platform, it includes the first game, the two Fighters games and Fighters Jet, so one would imagine it'd be an easy conversion to the Switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A proper vehicle too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Star Lord wrote: »
    Dead Cells coming out of Early access, and will be launching on August 7th on PC, PS4, Xbox One and... SWITCH!

It's a fantastic rogue-like Metroidvania-esque game (only slightly). Have it on PC and loving it enough that I'm considering getting the Switch version too.

Edit: Trailer...

[utoob]UEvEUWHWW58[/utoob]

FYI for anyone interested, saw that it was 20% off for pre-order on the e-shop, so I've pre-ordered it on the Switch now too...
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Dead-Cells-1333359.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://youtu.be/BSL7l2Ie_NY

New video for Pokémon Let's Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote:
    New video for Pokemon Let's Go.

A game so harmless I bet like the TV series if you lose the gym battle you still get the gym badge for beating up Team Rocket or something menial.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Star Lord wrote: »
    FYI for anyone interested, saw that it was 20% off for pre-order on the e-shop, so I've pre-ordered it on the Switch now too...
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Dead-Cells-1333359.html

Hmmmmmm, tempting !!!!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/BSL7l2Ie_NY

New video for Pokémon Let's Go.

More like Pokémon Let's... Ehhh.... No....

Galak-Z Variant S is out on Switch now. Free with IAP. I've heard good things about this game, and comparisons with Space Miner on IOS (which is one of my favourite ever mobile games). It's basically asteroids with RPG mechanics and a story.

I won't link to the clickbait nonsense, but one particular site was making a headline out of a stand-in release date for Dark Souls being 2030 on Amazon.
    I understand the content of the post is quite light hearted, but the lead in is pure click bait, seeking to attract the likes of myself, who has provided the revenue twice now by going there and I'm not doing it again!
    As great as it is to read news, this kind of reporting just makes me increasingly more likely to tell Google to ignore such sites.

Yeah I saw that yesterday. It's just a placeholder date, but it's a stupid article. I expect better from Nintendo Life.

Galak-Z Variant S is out on Switch now. Free with IAP. I've heard good things about this game, and comparisons with Space Miner on IOS (which is one of my favourite ever mobile games). It's basically asteroids with RPG mechanics and a story.

Would much prefered if they had of just released the original Galak-Z itself, excellent game it is. I'm a bit sceptical of that mobile version.

I have Galak-Z on the PS4, I seem to remember Johnny U raving about it on it's release.
    But I never got into it, the faux-anime style just bugged me, plus the PS library had too many games to choose from, it got lost!

• Advertisement

The final free content pack for Hollow Knight, Gods & Glory is out on August 23rd. Supposed to be the biggest one...
    • New Character and Quest – The Godseeker arrives (and your romance options expand). Track down this disturbing yet alluring being, break her chains and aid her in an ancient duty.
    • New Boss Fights – Hallownest’s greatest warriors raise their blades. Prepare yourself for giant new boss fights against the ultimate foes. Each new battle intertwines with the Godseeker’s quest. No specifics on how that’ll happen, but it may not be as you expect!
    • New Game Mode – Hollow Knight receives a third game mode. This ones been long requested and is a classic for the genre. Complete the Gods & Glory story to unlock the new mode.
    • New Music – Christopher Larkin is going all out for Hollow Knight’s final free pack, with new soaring boss tracks and giant remixes of some beloved classics.
    • Glorify Charms – Prove yourself and uncover a whole new depth to your charm collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

South Park: The Stick of Truth confirmed to be coming to Switch in September from Ubisoft quarterly documents. It looks like it will be digital only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Corholio wrote: »
    South Park: The Stick of Truth confirmed to be coming to Switch in September from Ubisoft quarterly documents. It looks like it will be digital only.

I wonder if it'll be free to those who purchased The Fractured But Whole like on the other platforms. I doubt it unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Corholio wrote: »

Is this any good or is it just another turn based game?

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. :)

It is both good and turn based.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. :)

It is both good and turn based.

Like chess, or a relationship with a girl...

• Advertisement

A patch for Lumines is out now. Faster loading times and analogue stick support. :)

Advertisement